• Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
    • Stars in 4
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/13/2019 at 10:00 PM

6 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Preds are playing like crap Lol

They are crap. Much like Calgary, they don’t really have the fortitude to get physical. The speed and skill mantra that so many people have heralded the NHL with is literally being pummeled. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, iinatcc said:

Not encouraging for us Canucks fans considering Quinn Hughes was compared to Ryan Ellis 

Hughes is a million times better skater than Ellis.  There is zero to compare these two.  Oh, okay, they are NHL players.  

• Haha 1

Took a glance for one period, with one eye(the other was off doing something ELSE)..byGawd what have they done, to what was once such a great game?! Tediously boring..with 2 colour commentators blathering on about meaningless anecdotes & trivial stats. Got wonderful insights from both genders, 'til my one eye was rolling & skewed like an NHL lotto ball!

Yank networks DON'T(!!!for emphasis!) know how to present this sport. Oh(& also..cos said this before), keep the F***ing as**ole interviewers AWAY from coaches while the F***ing game is going!

These A**hole US network execs(if I were Gawd fer a day!) I'd strap them down to dental chairs, clockwork orange their eyeballs, & force-feed them to watch old CBC(circa 1970's broadcasts..perhaps Gallivan/Irvin?) broadcasts, until they ****ing clue in. Fine. You've stolen our game(Cup) & rigged the deck..but at LEAST have the decency to do a halfassed job calling the ****ing pbp!!!!!!! /rant over, God bless to all Nuck diehards :^)

edit: Meant to add(to clueless networks) this is NOT a big-3 sport. Don't try to impose that noisy shyte broadcasting..learn from Cdn history how to properly call it. Oh, & F*** your overt, irritating advertising too!

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Preds have Josi and PK.  After those two, their D is really not good at all.  Smallish and slow.  

Pretty much the same D that went to the cup finals a couple years ago.

Josi

Subban

Ellis 

Ekholm

Hamhuis

Fabbro

Thats one of thr best D corps in the league. The blame needs to be placed on forwards like johanssen granlund forsberg turris and simmonds. None of those listed have more that 2 pts this series. Simmonds has 0. 

Also wouldn't hurt if Rinne could sport a better stat line than 3.56 gaa and .883 sv%.

Edited by 73 Percent
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Josi

Subban

Ellis 

Ekholm

Hamhuis

Fabbro

Thats one of thr best D corps in the league. The blame needs to be placed on forwards like johanssen granlund forsberg turris and simmonds. None of those listed have more that 2 pts this series. Simmonds has 0. 

Also wouldn't hurt if Rinne ckuld sport a better stat line then 3.56 gaa and .883 sv%.

Like I said, after Josi and PK that D is terrible.  Fabbro is still really young and developing.  Those other three are slugs.

• Haha 2
  • Wat 3

All preds D played badly this game, including Subban and Josi. Ekholm was ok, maybe. It’s still one of the better D:s in the league, but not in this game. 

I don’t know - I know Peter Laviolette is supposed to be a good coach, but the impression I got was that the preds had no game plan and was badly out-coached. 

Will be interesting to see how the “one-line teams” (Dallas, Colorado) do next round. Not good, is my guess. I see the winner between Vegas and sharks coming out of the west and losing in the finals. 

• Upvote 1

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to CDSF: (C1) Nashville Predators vs. (WC1) Dallas Stars | Stars lead series 3-2
1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Josi

Subban

Ellis 

Ekholm

Hamhuis

Fabbro

Also wouldn't hurt if Rinne could sport a better stat line than 3.56 gaa and .883 sv%.

Simmonds has been injured since game 2 and is week to week.  Not that he has done anything.  They've dropped him to the 4th line before his injury.

Turris has been missing ever since last playoffs.  He even was a healthy scratch this season and started this game on the 4th line.  He was dealing with a foot injury for part of the season so that didn't help either.  

Granlund can't seem to find his game.  He was already not playing all that well in Minnesota for a while before the trade but saddling him with Turris was not going to get him going.

21 minutes ago, mll said:

Simmonds has been injured since game 2 and is week to week.  Not that he has done anything.  They've dropped him to the 4th line before his injury.

Turris has been missing ever since last playoffs.  He even was a healthy scratch this season and started this game on the 4th line.  He was dealing with a foot injury for part of the season so that didn't help either.  

Granlund can't seem to find his game.  He was already not playing all that well in Minnesota for a while before the trade but saddling him with Turris was not going to get him going.

Excuses dont win cups. Its the playoffs everyone is injured. I get what you're saying but those who think preds defence depth is trash are out to lunch (which was how this convo started).

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

They are crap. Much like Calgary, they don’t really have the fortitude to get physical. The speed and skill mantra that so many people have heralded the NHL with is literally being pummeled. 

Speed and skill is great for the regular season.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Hughes is a million times better skater than Ellis.  There is zero to compare these two.  Oh, okay, they are NHL players.  

When a sports website compared the top prospects in Quinn Hughes' draft year he was compared with was Ryan Ellis. In the same site Noah Dobson was compared with Alex Pietrangelo and Evan Bouchard was compared with Brent Burns. 

Edited by iinatcc

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

Like I said, after Josi and PK that D is terrible.  Fabbro is still really young and developing.  Those other three are slugs.

I would take either Ekholm or Ellis on this team over any one of our current defensive core, aside from Hughes.

14 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It's their lack of speed that is hurting them and not the physicality.  They are playing sloppy and pretty much like the regular season they are only showing up for short stretches.  It's still the same core that went to the finals back in 2017.

Calgary was clueless in front of Colorado's speed.  They threw way more hits but just couldn't keep up with how fast the Avalanche were in transition.