Canucks Community

2019 NHL Draft Lottery | April 9th, 5:00pm PT

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

2015 - Boeser

2016 - Juolevi (Tkachuk was available)

2017 - Pettersson

2018 - Hughes

Whoever says we haven't been lucky at the draft is not seeing the whole picture.  In the last 4 drafts we've gotten 3 legit all stars and could have had 4 if we took a player that was actually available at our spot.  

We will get lucky again this year.  Either we get one of the top 2 picks or Benning will pick a gem at #9 or #10.

Remember we have history at the #9 pick.  BO...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Upvote 2

Ok......silly question here...

So at present it is Edmonton 8th, Vancouver 9th

So after the lottery, if still in the same position

Could Vancouver trade their 9th + their 3rd for the 8th

I mean, it probably won't matter to Edmonton in terms of choice

But if Vancouver's plan is to move up further, it would help

It would be nice to get to 6th OA

If we are not getting 1, 2 or 3...I want Dach

Edited by janisahockeynut

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Thats not luck. Thats drafting ability. Luck is landing first or second overall to take matthews mcdavid eichel or laine. 

Dont hear many people calling tampa lucking for plucking alot their roster late. 

We were LUCKY that Boeser fell to us at #23.  Remember when Benning kept saying why hasn't anyone taken Boeser?  We were LUCKY that nobody was smart enough to scout Pettersson like we did and he fell to us at #5.  We were LUCKY that Detroit took Zadina instead of Hughes.

That is called LUCK my friend...

18 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Because it was only pure "luck" that we got Boeser and Pettersson, meanwhile Juolevi hasn't even played an NHL game yet?  Two "lucky" picks and the other was "stupid"?

Expect better from Bob than this tripe.  With Pratt gone, Is he applying for a TMZ position?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Ok......silly question here...

So at present it is Edmonton 8th, Vancouver 9th

So after the lottery, if still in the same position

Could Vancouver trade their 9th + their 3rd for the 8th

I mean, it probably won't matter to Edmonton in terms of choice

But if Vancouver's plan is to move up further, it would help

It would be nice to get to 6th OA

If we are not getting 1, 2 or 3...I want Dach

Why would we want to do that?  We know Edmonton will take the wrong player anyways, so no point in helping them out by giving them a 3rd round pick to screw up at #10...  ^_^

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We were LUCKY that Boeser fell to us at #23.  Remember when Benning kept saying why hasn't anyone taken Boeser?  We were LUCKY that nobody was smart enough to scout Pettersson like we did and he fell to us at #5.  We were LUCKY that Detroit took Zadina instead of Hughes.

Nah man. Not everything in the world is luck. Hard work. The right hires. Preparation. By our scouting team. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Nah man. Not everything in the world is luck. Hard work. The right hires. Preparation. By our scouting team. 

Yes I totally agree with that.  The right hires and preparation is what allowed us to draft such quality players at lower drafting positions.  However, we did still need some luck to have those players fall to us, especially Boeser.  It was almost an act of God really that Boeser was still available at #23, even Benning couldn't believe it...

9 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Because it was only pure "luck" that we got Boeser and Pettersson, meanwhile Juolevi hasn't even played an NHL game yet?  Two "lucky" picks and the other was "stupid"?

Expect better from Bob than this tripe.  With Pratt gone, Is he applying for a TMZ position?

Everybody sucks now. Literally everybone at TSN

Edited by Odd.

23 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

2015 - Boeser

2016 - Juolevi (Tkachuk was available)

2017 - Pettersson

2018 - Hughes

Whoever says we haven't been lucky at the draft is not seeing the whole picture.  In the last 4 drafts we've gotten 3 legit all stars and could have had 4 if we took a player that was actually available at our spot.  

We will get lucky again this year.  Either we get one of the top 2 picks or Benning will pick a gem at #9 or #10.

Remember we have history at the #9 pick.  BO...

Unlucky at the draft lottery. Lucky (or skilled?) at the draft.

Two different things.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes I totally agree with that.  The right hires and preparation is what allowed us to draft such quality players at lower drafting positions.  However, we did still need some luck to have those players fall to us, especially Boeser.  It was almost an act of God really that Boeser was still available at #23, even Benning couldn't believe it...

What in gods name are you talking about. Boeser did not fall.

https://www.isshockey.com/iss-hockey-releases-final-rankings-in-its-2015-nhl-draft-guide/

http://www.mynhldraft.com/2015-draft/prospect-rankings/

Out of the 13 pre draft ranking lists i just provided you, he was ranked 23rd or lower in 10 of them....

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We’re not lucky with our drafting position, that’s what we’re talking about.