The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Draft Lottery | April 9th, 5:00pm PT

Rate this topic

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So the last time we picked #10 we selected...

Cody Hodgson   :sadno:

So?   Back when I first came to Vancouver, pick #10 snagged the Strangler.  Not too shabby.  Then there was Luc, before that "crutches" JJD, Brad Ference too.  Seems like a decent defenseman is available most #10's.  Likely we'll get a gem this draft too.  Not too unhappy.

Edited by Googlie
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

At least the streak is somewhat being broken. Rantanen is a star. That's... something?

I mean, the 10th overall has never been a good spot in producing stars, even going further back to the 80s.

Only two players have been NHL superstars at that position and coincidentally both are Finns.

FYI, Rantanen could have gone way earlier in the draft, he was always ranked in between 7-10 (lowest 14) and was the #1 ranked European skater.

Edited by shiznak
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gnarcore said:

Colin Campbell's leaked emails are the only real evidence of influence of the head office. He was going after referees for calls against his son. 

Yeah..the NHL isn't corrupt. I mean...look at what they did for the campbell criminal.ish behavior!!  Oh yeah...nothing. lol

LOL. Seriously though, this shouldn't ruin anyone's day. I was banking on somehow dropping to 30th in a freak confluence of arcane league rules brought to bear against the Canucks. Pretty sure the drafting team doesn't waste their time looking any higher than 5th anyway.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, whcanuck said:

You're right, but I just always think you should play to win the game (as former NY Jets coach Herm Edwards would say). They're paid to put the best effort out on the ice each and every night and although the Canucks climbed up the standings a bit near the end of the year, I was happy to see the guys string some wins together and get a positive vibe going. Remember, EP40 is basically a #1 overall talent. He was the best player in that draft IMO and I think a lot of us would agree on that. 

Oh yea he did well with Petey I like your optimism but it's not often 10th overall beats first.

Whatever....go to work Jimmy.

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"If we had a higher pick in the Pettersson draft, we still would have taken him and same goes for Quinn, so we're confident we'll get a good player." - Benning

But would he say the same thing about Virtanen? My guess: No

• Wat 1

38 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

This image was leaked 20 mins before the draft lottery.   

I have the same service, which allows you to watch the program later. I’ve scrolled through it but they’ve obviously fixed the little slip up. Nothing there now.

I noticed a little glitch at the time but wasn’t paying too much attention. 

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"If we had a higher pick in the Pettersson draft, we still would have taken him and same goes for Quinn, so we're confident we'll get a good player." - Benning

You don't hire a GM with a scouting background so he can get the 1OA right.  This is Benning's biggest strength and I'm confident he'll nail the pick.  Watching the WHL game though, Dach sure would look good here making room for EP.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2