The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Draft Lottery | April 9th, 5:00pm PT

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Honestly, I'd be fine with trading down and acquiring more picks. We're not flush enough depthwise to give up what it'd take for a top 3 pick.

This is pretty much the first post that makes sense in relation to trading the Canucks 1st rounder.

However, it all depends on whether JB thinks he can get a much better player at 10 then lower (say 15th).

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

The drawing isn't broadcast live on Sportsnet by the looks of it.  The leaked image and video came from a Swedish webstream simulcasting it with a satellite company.

It's all a Swedish conspiracy!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Raspberries said:

Oh really?  It is carried out in complete secrecy and the benefactors are all major market US teams.  No one can say it isn't rigged when there is nothing to say it is in any way legitimate.

Secrecy from the public but no doubt it will be overseen ,supervised and maybe even conducted by a contracted third party.  Like how Pricewaterhousecooper tally the votes for the Academy Awards.

• Haha 1

Gary`s going to get Booed real bad at the Draft. Real bad.

That list of former 10th OAs doesn't look great. Not terrible, but no game-changers. Sad to see Bourdon`s name there. :( The Hockey God`s (pfft)

But, here we are. At least it`s not 12th. And at least it`s not EDM or ANA or LA. There could still be a great player at 10. Maybe Dach or Krebs slip through? If not them, maybe Boldy or Zegras?  

Just now, fanfor42 said:

Luc Bourdon was 10th. He was going to be a really good player and he was a really  good guy. Burrows sent arrows up to him with every goal.  

We're gonna get a very special player at 10. That's the Canuck way.

Cody sucked...letz hope for better. I doubt JB does worse that MG did haha.

Disappointed in 10th but glad this draft may be the final nail in the coffin for tanking as two teams jumped into the top three. 

I would prefer a lottery weighted toward toward the best record after teams are eliminated from playoff contention. Sick of meaningless games to end the season. 

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

This is pretty much the first post that makes sense in relation to trading the Canucks 1st rounder.

However, it all depends on whether JB thinks he can get a much better player at 10 then lower (say 15th).

I don't think he'd drop too much lower but for say an additional second round pick to drop a little? I could live with dropping.

• Like 1

Wouldn’t be against trading the pick but instead of trying to land a top 3 pick which we’d likley have to overpay for just get a proven player.  Maybe a package the 10th with other assets for Brayden Point or Marner who will be hard for TO or Tampa to afford.