Sign in to follow this  
Roberts

2019 NHL Draft Lottery | April 9th, 5:00pm PT

Rate this topic

"I’ll make the call about the 1st pick, we know it’ll take a lot to move the pick but I will definitely make the call." - Benning

• Upvote 1

I would still take a 4th overall for Duchesne. 

Just now, stawns said:

So just for the fans sake?  I'm not saying it's a terrible idea, but I think it's done off camera in case of any kind of snafu.

I just think that transparency would eliminate a lot of drama. It kinda comes down to what's better ... off camera in case of snafu, or off camera because of funny business. What's the lesser of two evils?

Me personally  I'd rather see balls dropping old lottery style. That's more engaging and exciting. 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, cdubuya said:

giphy.gif

I'd rather see the team make steps forward and progress than pick top 5 for the sake of picking top 5. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

I just think that transparency would eliminate a lot of drama. It kinda comes down to what's better ... off camera in case of snafu, or off camera because of funny business. What's the lesser of two evils?

Me personally  I'd rather see balls dropping old lottery style. That's more engaging and exciting. 

that's the point, there's no funny business........all 15 teams are present when picked and it's an accounting firm that does the lottery.  It is not fixed, not in any way, shape or form.

• Hydration 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

I'd rather see the team make steps forward and progress than pick pick top 5 for the sake of picking top 5. 

Just now, Jaimito said:

Gee... 

100% incontrovertible evidence it was fixed

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I'd be satisfied if Bettman's balls finally dropped, puberty style.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

You don't hire a GM with a scouting background so he can get the 1OA right.  This is Benning's biggest strength and I'm confident he'll nail the pick.  Watching the WHL game though, Dach sure would look good here making room for EP.

I'm confident he'll get BPA at 10, but I would rather he had gotten BPA a bit higher, as in pick 1-3.

4 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

That coulda been so much worse.

My biggest takeaway is how bad I feel for Jack. You could tell how displeased he was that he wasn't going to one of the big market teams that jumped into the top-3.

You could tell he was disappointed. NY , COL would have all been better then NJ. I bet he wanted to play with Quinn here. He wanted to come here and we wanted him here but I guess Gary had other plans<_<

Just now, stawns said:

that's the point, there's no funny business........all 15 teams are present when picked and it's an accounting firm that does the lottery.  It is not fixed, not in any way, shape or form.

Ugh ... I knew I should have said "the perception of funny business".

I'm not saying it's fixed ... but I can certainly see how people could perceive it's fixed and be frustrated because of that perception.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I definitely think the NHL is missing an opportunity here for more fan engagement - I'd love to see the draft lottery live instead of Daly flipping those stupid cards.

• Hydration 1

I'm not saying it's fixed ... but I can certainly see how people could perceive it's fixed and be frustrated because of that perception.

The NHL could easily earn themselves the benefit of the doubt by cleaning up the officiating and firing the problem refs.

• Like 2
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd be satisfied if Bettman's balls finally dropped, puberty style.

Mic drop! ;)

agreed, I can see the frustration, especially when it happens multiple times to a team.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I'll be Jersey.

No.

29 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

If Canucks want first .... it would take Boeser and #10. At least. 

Twas my Ballard, Raymond, 1st version. Not gonna happen, obviously, and unfortunately.

8 hours ago, MikeyD said:

I'm calling it right now. This is the year our luck changes. This is the one. I've had this feeling all year. 

Was that feeling a bowel movement

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

You could tell he was disappointed. NY , COL would have all been better then NJ. I bet he wanted to play with Quinn here. He wanted to come here and we wanted him here but I guess Gary had other plans<_<

when he hits the free agency, one can wish lol.