The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Draft Lottery | April 9th, 5:00pm PT

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, debluvscanucks said:

I believe zero of this "system" of theirs.

Whatever.  We'll still kill it and get an awesome player that nobody cares about until they hit the ice full of win.

Just would have been nice to have an extra thing to celebrate going into the offseason

we've dropped 4 times..other then phx no one has dropped more then twice 

Thank god for scouting and JB

2 minutes ago, Disgruntler said:

Really, who would WANT to even get drafted first anymore? Worst.

Yeah getting robbed at gunpoint on the daily and having to call insurance cause your wheels where stolen from your car again in Newark. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Don't see the benefit for the accounting firm to be in on it, they would sink if that sort of corruption were true and found out. Sorry we had and 84% chance of picking 9-12 and that is where we ended up. 

Really? There is tens of millions of dollars at stake for the NHL team winners.

I agree that is where odds said we should land. But the NHL has just done so many shady things over many years that it invites scrutiny. And its not like multi billion dollar companies have never tried to scam the public. I would list the examples but they are too numerous to mention.

I am not saying the NHL is 100% corrupt. But it sure would not surprise me. And people that say "they would never do that" are just naive imo. But whatever. We got 10th and hopefully JB finds a gem.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Really? There is tens of millions of dollars at stake for the NHL team winners.

I agree that is where odds said we should land. But the NHL has just done so many shady things over many years that it invites scrutiny. And its not like multi billion dollar companies have never tried to scam the public. I would list the examples but they are too numerous to mention.

I am not saying the NHL is 100% corrupt. But it sure would not surprise me. And people that say "they would never do that" are just naive imo. But whatever. We got 10th and hopefully JB finds a gem.

Benefit of the league =/= benefit of Ernst & Young. If the draft was truly corrupt McDavid wouldn't be an Oiler. 

Edited by canuck73_3

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Like when they sent McDavid to the sh**hole that is Edmonton. Give it up already, it's tiring. 

This.

If the draft lottery was in any way rigged there is no ****ing chance McDavid goes to Edmonton,  and there is no way Arizona born Auston Matthews goes to Toronto.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

This might have been answered, haven't read the thread.

Why don't we get to see the balls being dropped/pulled?

They thought it would be inappropriate to show buttman pulling and dropping his balls.  :ph34r:

• Cheers 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

This might have been answered, haven't read the thread.

Why don't we get to see the balls being dropped/pulled?

Less tv value. It is way more tense flipping the cards from 15 on then some accountants checking excel sheets and saying the winning team name softly that barely anyone can hear. 

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I believe zero of this "system" of theirs.

Whatever.  We'll still kill it and get an awesome player that nobody cares about until they hit the ice full of win.

There's no secrecy to it Deb.  Every team is there for the draw and it's done by an accounting firm and gone over by lawyers galore.  The Canucks fell right where the odds put them

• Cheers 1