The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Draft Lottery Donations

Darth Canuck

3 hours ago, groovy said:

Would love to learn more about your charity work! I`ll put up 1000 kr (about $150 plus) towards Doctors Without Borders who do great work internationally for a top 3 pick.

Well I've always tried to contribute to people in need. I don't want to list everything i've done but bicycles is an example of one of the donations. 

In this case families from neighbouring villages came to the school, they had tea and snacks and had pictures taken. Each family was given a bicycle. It was a fun day for everyone involved.

I find it's best to purchase needed items and have them delivered to villagers directly. This might not be possible for everyone but if anyone has contacts thru family or friends imo it's best to do it this way instead of sending cash.

Corruption is rampant in the developing world so this way i have peace of mind knowing where my money went. 

18 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Everyone should commit to 6.66$ to an Edmonton charity if:

2085886099_EDMONTONOILERS.thumb.jpg.b3a05740069bd254fbf82b6b1fb010d8.jpg

:lol:

I commit to buying a plane ticket to Edmonton, 10 liters of Alberta gasoline, some matches and taxi fare to Rexall Place if Edmonton wins #1. 

Disappointing to see the Hawks move up so far, but watching LA and Colorado drop was nice. Also nice to see the Oil didn't move into the top three. (IMO there should be a limit to how many 1st overall picks a team can have in a certain time period)

Happy to see the top two picks go to the East. It wouldn't be much fun watching Jack walk into our barn and score on a regular basis...

Side note: I checked out a Draft order generator this afternoon and landed on 10 or 11 for the 'Niucks almost every time. We jumped up to third once in about 30 tries....+

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Disappointing to see the Hawks move up so far, but watching LA and Colorado drop was nice. Also nice to see the Oil didn't move into the top three. (IMO there should be a limit to how many 1st overall picks a team can have in a certain time period)

Happy to see the top two picks go to the East. It wouldn't be much fun watching Jack walk into our barn and score on a regular basis...

Side note: I checked out a Draft order generator this afternoon and landed on 10 or 11 for the 'Niucks almost every time. We jumped up to third once in about 30 tries....+

10th was reasonably likely, but unlike other years, we were actually most likely to get 9th, which is why this one stings more than other ones for me.

36 minutes ago, Gnarcore said:

I commit to buying a plane ticket to Edmonton, 10 liters of Alberta gasoline, some matches and taxi fare to Rexall Place if Edmonton wins #1. 

am late to the show

but i'd be prepared to donate the $1,000,000 for your bail

so you'd get a few months of freedom before your trial and long term incarceration

:P

25 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

10th was reasonably likely, but unlike other years, we were actually most likely to get 9th, which is why this one stings more than other ones for me.

CHI moving up stings more than anything.  They made their bed and won three cups they should pay their dues.  It’s idiotic that any team past five overall should get a chance at the top three picks, how else are teams supposed to rebuild under the cap when drafting is most important?  Even the top ten I’d begrudgingly get behind, but not the top fifteen soon to be sixteen (which screws with the odds further).  Twice we’ve seen this happen now, PHI did it too.   Don’t mind NJ winning becuase they are rebuilding. And same with NYR.  CHI well they can go ... well you know what. 

sucks about our draft position but even we got got screwed even harder and fell out of 5-10, i would have donated the 25 anyway, but would be even more pissed off xD

Untitled-1.png.38ba5c09cad348775729bf00cb61be84.png

does the date (10th) mean the payment won't go through until tomorrow or did my receipt time travel lmao

2 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

sucks about our draft position but even we got got screwed even harder and fell out of 5-10, i would have donated the 25 anyway, but would be even more pissed off xD

Untitled-1.png.38ba5c09cad348775729bf00cb61be84.png

does the date (10th) mean the payment won't go through until tomorrow or did my receipt time travel lmao

It's indicative of our draft position. Just like we dropped from 9th to 10th, your donation dropped from the 9th to the 10th.

Archived