The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Avengers: Endgame Talk

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I kid you not there was people openly bawling with 10 minutes left in the movie.  After 12-13 years of being so heavily invested in these characters, for it to go out like it did broke people.

As a grown man I will admit I was sobbing 

as well. Absolute perfect way to finish the franchise. 

22 minutes ago, Pears said:

Or....to open the next chapter?

\

I will say, for all the hype and build up I am quite shocked one specific person did not play a much larger role in things than we were all lead to believe

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

\

I will say, for all the hype and build up I am quite shocked one specific person did not play a much larger role in things than we were all lead to believe

Won't see it until tommorrow afternoon. But im asumming you're talking about the much  more powerful of the Captains.

I'm going to stop reading this thread until tommorow night

Edited by Canorth

1 hour ago, Canorth said:

Won't see it until tommorrow afternoon. But im asumming you're talking about the much  more powerful of the Captains.

I'm going to stop reading this thread until tommorow night

Actually no I wasn't.  There's SOOOOOOOooooo much to take in my man.  It's exquisite

• Thanks 1

On 4/26/2019 at 3:28 PM, Pears said:

So, for those of us who will never watch the movie, which character die?  I truly hope it’s Ion Man.  Can’t stand George Cloony.

• Haha 3

On 4/9/2019 at 4:19 PM, babych said:

There always has to be that one person....

You must be tons of fun at parties ;)

Edit: to the OP - I'm not sure how it will end, although I'm guessing that the studio will make "safe" choices. Either way - I'm very stoked to see it. I'll be in Japan when the movie opens and I'm hoping to see it there!

This movie was not that "safe". Specifically the creative decisions around two characters was risky.

• Upvote 1

On 4/26/2019 at 3:51 PM, Warhippy said:

\

Yea this chapter of the series is done.  Now they will spin off into prequils and broaden out with many of the other characters.

18 hours ago, Russ said:

Yea this chapter of the series is done.  Now they will spin off into prequils and broaden out with many of the other characters.

I’m wondering how they’re going to handle Capt Marvel being so powerful in the future.   Actually too powerful.  You run into the same problems making a movie about Superman.  It always seems like a forgone conclusion the hero(heroine) will win because they’re so “super”.

On 4/28/2019 at 10:57 AM, Where's Wellwood said:

This movie was not that "safe". Specifically the creative decisions around two characters was risky.

Really? Most of the deaths were actually about contract negotiations. It was very predictable who was going to go.

Didn't like this movie as much as IW. It didn't have the same mood and atmosphere, and at points the pacing was off.

Definitely overall very good though. IW is a tough act to follow.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, taxi said:

Really? Most of the deaths were actually about contract negotiations. It was very predictable who was going to go.

Didn't like this movie as much as IW. It didn't have the same mood and atmosphere, and at points the pacing was off.

Definitely overall very good though. IW is a tough act to follow.

Those two weren't who I was talking about actually. 

Also, contracts really mean nothing. RDJ's contract has run out 2-3 times already and they re-negotiated. Paltrow was supposedly done after Iron man 3, came back for Homecoming, and was in Infinity war and Endgame. and one movie deals can always happen in the future.