Sign in to follow this  
aqua59

At Number 10 Who do we take?

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Soderstrom or Boldy for me. Top 6 LWer or top 4 RD.

RD are more valuable and harder to acquire in the future so Soderstrom is my preferred pick.

I agree with you here. Boldy projects well, could be a great fit with Petey and Boeser in a couple of years. 

• Upvote 1

Outside of the top 2 or 3 which we don't have access to I go with BPA as they need wingers and D.  If I have a choice I say the best winger available hopefully with a little size. 

2 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

I have a feeling  #10 and demko and maybe sutter will be the start of  converstion to try and move up

If they get Markstrom extended then it's likely Demko is moved especially with the ED coming up.  Depends how much they want the player and which pick.  Maybe they move that package for an NHL top six winger or RHD.  Either way I would be down with that.  Sutter isn't the carrot but depending on the team may have some value.

7 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Soderstrom or Boldy for me. Top 6 LWer or top 4 RD.

RD are more valuable and harder to acquire in the future so Soderstrom is my preferred pick.

Not sold about Soderstrom pick.

It seems to be a "need" pick and maybe at 10th that's not what I want.

I get your point, I simply think that with our scouting we can find something good at 40th or in the later rounds..

At 10th, I want the BPA.

• Hydration 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Filthy McNasty said:

I have a feeling  #10 and demko and maybe sutter will be the start of  converstion to try and move up

I’m a fan of this mindset. Sell high. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, ItalianCanuck1 said:

Not sold about Soderstrom pick.

It seems to be a "need" pick and maybe at 10th that's not what I want.

I get your point, I simply think that with our scouting we can find something good at 40th or in the later rounds..

At 10th, I want the BPA.

He's right around that spot in most ratings.  Lots of guys rated about equally so it's more about what type of player you want.  As long as we don't take Harley, who makes Morgan Reilly look competent in his own zone, I'm fine with whoever we pick.

• Upvote 2

Just now, King Heffy said:

He's right around that spot in most ratings.  Lots of guys rated about equally so it's more about what type of player you want.  As long as we don't take Harley, who makes Morgan Reilly look competent in his own zone, I'm fine with whoever we pick.

I like the Boqvist comparison that I read.

I was high on him last year.

Cole Caufield had 54 goals in 55 games with the USNDTP. That has to be unprecedented.

He was playing with a lot of talent though.

edit: if I’m not reading wrong. He had 83 goals in 83 games combined this season. 83 goals in ONE SEASON

Edited by Grape
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Grape said:

Cole Caufield had 54 goals in 55 games with the USNDTP. That has to be unprecedented.

He was playing with a lot of talent though.

I think the last two drafts we got the most dynamic offensive players in both: Petey and Quinn.  In this draft I think that player is Jack Hughes, but Caufield is a darned close second, would be a great pick at 10.  

Well I see we got NO DINNER OR KISSING,but we got screwed again.

Four seasons in a row and oh look,new jersey,new york and chicago 123 in picks .it smells like fifa if you ask me,and even if you didn't we got screwed again look we went down in pick selection again.

OK .I'M FEELING BETTER NOW THAT THAT IS OFF MY CHEST,SO number 10,our newest star that JB will select for the team.

BIG FORWARD,BIG DEFENSE MAN.

PLEASE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm liking the way a couple people are thinking.If the Canucks can not draft  aplayer that can make this team in 2 years,trade the pick.There isn't time to develop a 2019 pick.This team has to put together a playoff team for next year.Not a cup team,just a playoff team.Package some guys for either a  quality D man or a winger for Bo.Benninig should be gone after today and look for a gm or an  quality assistant from a team who can get creative.Jim is not the guy to get creative.It's paramount that this off season foretells the next 3 seasons.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Sounds like a Juolevi/Virtanen type of pick

Edited by Where's Wellwood

24 minutes ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

Size is a concern.

Gotta be honest.

That’s what she said ...

Soderstrom - RHD is a need to have (plus likely bpa) ...

• Haha 1

I think if Boldy is on the board that is the guy they're taking seems to fit their current trend of drafting NCAA players. He's a big scoring winger.. what we need.

• Upvote 1

I think Benning is going to look at trading up and by up I mean #1 or #2, something tells me he really wants Hughes to play with his brother and wants that chemistry between them. Could be like when Burke made the trades to get the Sedins, something kind of similar to guarantee the guy you want.