The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

At Number 10 Who do we take?

Rate this topic

aqua59

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

I hope JB drafts the guy who has the highest ceiling to become a difference maker, regardless of anything else.  We need to get another elite guy to go with Petey, Boeser, Hughes, and Bo.  Those types of players will be there at 10, I hope we get one.  

Me too.  The only time Benning went safe was with OJ who was considered at the time to have the highest floor for the defenseman that draft.  It was a mistake in hindsight, he should have gone with Chycrun, or Sergechev or off board with McAvoy.   The odds are stacked against OJ right now, and if ceiling was the biggest metric we’d probably have had two years of Sergechev the last couple years...

At least he changed his tune the following year and drafted EP.    And the next year Hughes and I got to say I’m pretty stoked about Woo too.  He was considered in the low 20’s by some and we got him in the second round and he’s a RHD.   I hope he repeats what he has done the last two years, really nothing to complain about.   Lind and JG might have had underwhelming second years post draft but they are far from done yet, the same way Madden isn’t draft plus one, he had a great year too, doesn’t mean if he falters a bit next year he’s done.

It really depends on who’s left when its out turn.  A lot of us like Boldy but he might not be available and or not in the plans at all.  Benning should have a good draft, and this could be our last lottery pick for a while.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Me too.  The only time Benning went safe was with OJ who was considered at the time to have the highest floor for the defenseman that draft.  It was a mistake in hindsight, he should have gone with Chycrun, or Sergechev or off board with McAvoy.   The odds are stacked against OJ right now, and if ceiling was the biggest metric we’d probably have had two years of Sergechev the last couple years...

At least he changed his tune the following year and drafted EP.    And the next year Hughes and I got to say I’m pretty stoked about Woo too.  He was considered in the low 20’s by some and we got him in the second round and he’s a RHD.   I hope he repeats what he has done the last two years, really nothing to complain about.   Lind and JG might have had underwhelming second years post draft but they are far from done yet, the same way Madden isn’t draft plus one, he had a great year too, doesn’t mean if he falters a bit next year he’s done.

It really depends on who’s left when its out turn.  A lot of us like Boldy but he might not be available and or not in the plans at all.  Benning should have a good draft, and this could be our last lottery pick for a while.

Why are the odds stacked against OJ?

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Why are the odds stacked against OJ?

Sometimes watching Tkatchuk I want to cry, but OJ will still be a decent player eventually. He’s too smart not to be a top 4 Dman. He’s got size too. Just worry about all these injuries. 

Edited by messier's_elbow
  • Upvote 1

Just now, messier's_elbow said:

I’m starting to think Soderstrom might be our guy. He’s already playing with men and he’s a right handed D which we need. How’s his shot on the PP? I like Caufield as well but I’m worried about his skating. If he pans out he could be a 35 goal winger. 

Little guys, who have issues with skating, are not going to do well in the NHL.  I was high on Caufield, but we can’t pick any guy that small, who is not quick or fast. 

• Upvote 1

I’m high on  Zegras or maybe not. I just noticed his plus minus on team full of players full of super plusses.

Jack H +32

Boldy +33

Turcotte +20

Zegras -50

i got theses stats from

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-button-s-tsn-hockey-mock-draft-post-lottery-edition-1.1287914

so I don’t know how I feel about Zegras now.

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

Good points, we can only have so many elites and still cap space spent wisely then there's seattle.. ugh..

However if someone isn't elite but scores 20-30 then that would surely help if you put it with elites. I mean borderline elite on a 3.5-5mil a season and then D gets a make over, tanev and edler, if they stay, probably wouldn't be around after another 3 seasons that would take to develop and or season what we have but probably JB picks up 2 more, 1 ready and another developing who is already consistant but needs more ice time... think that would do it and see where it goes from there.

4 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

I’m high on  Zegras or maybe not. I just noticed his plus minus on team full of players full of super plusses.

Jack H +32

Boldy +33

Turcotte +20

Zegras -50

i got theses stats from

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-button-s-tsn-hockey-mock-draft-post-lottery-edition-1.1287914

so I don’t know how I feel about Zegras now.

And he was my second choice... $&!#e! Maybe his D sucks and needs work..

35 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Oops I miss read it Krebs is -50 not Zegras.

Zegras is a high +34

im back on the Zegras train....let’s get this kid.

Ha ha too funny!  I like Zegras a lot as well.  He is more of an all around offensive dynamo.  Assists and goals.  Where Caufield is all goals.  I really like both.  So I’m leaning towards a forward in the first round.  But....If we’re not convinced that Jet Woo can be a top 4 RHD... then Soderstrom would be a solid pick also.

• Upvote 1

On 4/9/2019 at 8:25 PM, GarthButcher5 said:

Swing for the fences GMJB....I don't care how or what picks/players (excluding #43, 40, 53, and 6), need to be traded but get that number one from NJ.

I'd like to see an epic Burky type move on the home court draft.

We would almost certainly have to give up one of Q.Hughes, Horvat, Petey, or Boeser to move up to #1

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Adarsh Sant said:

We would almost certainly have to give up one of Q.Hughes, Horvat, Petey, or Boeser to move up to #1

Horvat & our 1st, a medium asset to close the deal. Maybe Lockwood. Not saying I would do that. Discussing market value for Jack Hughes???