Sign in to follow this  
aqua59

At Number 10 Who do we take?

Rate this topic

Can’t expect any help from the stupid league. 

Something good will fall to 10.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Either been out scouting our potential picks, or I fell on my face and smashed up that big beautiful fury nose I have.  :lol:

I’m glad you’re okay Alfie.  We missed you around here...  :)

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

Jim seems to be giddy about getting Jack here, but that would mean we’d have to give up something substantial to get there. 

Jim made it clear he’s not mortgaging anything or trading our core group so I don’t know if he can pull it off. I’m sure he’ll at least try something. 

Even if we stay around 9 or 10 I think we can still get a good player as Jim has hit two homeruns in a row in the last two drafts despite slotting down.

• Upvote 1

Swing for the fences GMJB....I don't care how or what picks/players (excluding #43, 40, 53, and 6), need to be traded but get that number one from NJ.

I'd like to see an epic Burky type move on the home court draft.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Dach, Broberg, or Soderstrom please.

Watching the Blades /Raiders game right now. Dach would be a fun prospect to have. Doubt he is available at 10 tho 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Matthew Boldy. Exactly the type of player we need alongside Pettersson and Boeser. A skilled power forward that excels in virtually every aspect of the game.

I like him but reading the power forward I think Jake V.! Anyways we need someone who can pot 40goals no D picks

Cole Caufield IMO has the most potential to be an elite driver of player, after Jack Hughes.  He’s a big risk to take at ten, but I think we need to swing for the fences and select guys who have star potential.  We already have enough third and fourth liners.  We need more guys like Petey, Brock, and Quinn who can drive play.  Caufield has that potential.  

I agree but maybe trade down. He could be Schroeder part deux but could be scorer version of Gaudreau. I think he drops to 15 easily.

58 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I think Benning is going to look at trading up and by up I mean #1 or #2, something tells me he really wants Hughes to play with his brother and wants that chemistry between them. Could be like when Burke made the trades to get the Sedins, something kind of similar to guarantee the guy you want.

Unfortunately, I think it would take one of Bo, Brock or Petey, plus our 10th to make that work

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, hiebskey said:

Watching the Blades /Raiders game right now. Dach would be a fun prospect to have. Doubt he is available at 10 tho 

He's absolutely dominant out there.  Man against boys tonight.

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

I think Benning is going to look at trading up and by up I mean #1 or #2, something tells me he really wants Hughes to play with his brother and wants that chemistry between them. Could be like when Burke made the trades to get the Sedins, something kind of similar to guarantee the guy you want.

Not that easy. All it took Burke was like McCabe because we already had a top 5 pick. And really weak draft.

To get Hughes in this one it’s Horvat or EP. while I might be able to stomach moving Horvat, it’s still a lot to pay.

Cole Caufield IMO has the most potential to be an elite driver of player, after Jack Hughes.  He’s a big risk to take at ten, but I think we need to swing for the fences and select guys who have star potential.  We already have enough third and fourth liners.  We need more guys like Petey, Brock, and Quinn who can drive play.  Caufield has that potential.  

I kind of like your thinking.  They should have Cliff Ronning announce the pick.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Kevin Biestra said:

I kind of like your thinking.  They should have Cliff Ronning announce the pick.

Or Palmu - fly him in for it - he could look up to Caufield !!!

Edited by Googlie

Posted (edited)

im just hoping benning trade down to get more pick and still draft a good player 

Edited by Monkeyking

1 hour ago, ItalianCanuck1 said:

Petey is 6'2", Marner 5'11" Gaudreau  5'9", 

Cole is listed as  5'7".

Not saying I would not like the pick, but that would be a risky one.

Skills are undeniable.

Debrincats doing alright

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Jim seems to be giddy about getting Jack here, but that would mean we’d have to give up something substantial to get there. 

Jim made it clear he’s not mortgaging anything or trading our core group so I don’t know if he can pull it off. I’m sure he’ll at least try something. 

Even if we stay around 9 or 10 I think we can still get a good player as Jim has hit two homeruns in a row in the last two drafts despite slotting down.

You got the wrong GM creative moves aren’t Benning. 

I think all the guys ranked 8-12, we can’t lose with any of them. Benning should try to pick the guy with the most jam in his pants, the most edge and backbone, the anything to win gene.

I don’t think any team ahead of us will be willing to trade down to us, unless we make them an offer they can’t refuse, which would probably cost us something we don’t want to do.

Trading down might be an option, go for more picks. Dallas or Ottawa might be itching to move up. Our 10th for Ottawa’s Columbus 1st and Ottawa’s 2nd, hmmmm....

If I was Benning, I’d look at the teams with multiple 1st rounders, and see if they want to make a deal (like Buffalo and it’s 

San Jose pick for ???)

We Bo at 9, maybe we can get Bo Junior at 10!!!

Posted (edited)

I'm big on Broberg:

Philip Broberg is a smart two-way defenceman with undeniable skill. His fluid skating ability allows him to punish over-extension immediately with how quickly he can start plays from his own end. What his impressive mobility tends to overshadow, though, is his positional play. While he doesn't always make the high percentage play, he is very perceptive and thinks his decisions through. On the fly, he pays close attention to where the puck's going and where it's been. This allows him to read the play early and make the most of any time and space found. All-in-all, Broberg could be the most complete defenceman in his draft class. He's got elite mobility and hockey sense, and he doesn't give up his own end. (Curtis Joe, EP 2018)

6'3" and 203 lbs at age 17!!!

(Alex Edler was listed as 6'3" and 194 lbs with the Manitoba Moose in his first year there)

Edited by Googlie
  • Upvote 4