The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

players with skill and character

hockeygod77

JIM BENNING NEEDS TO GET MORE PLAYERS LIKE ANTOINNE ROUSEL..THESE TYPE OF PLAYERS IS WHAT WILL MAKE TEAM WIN AND BE COMPETITIVE...I SAID IT LAST YEAR TO GO FOR TYLER BOZAK ..IF THE BLUES BEAT JETS BOZAK WILL BE A MAJOR PART OF IT...JUST AN EXAMPLE PLAYER WOULD BE WAYNE SIMMONDS...ANOTHR GUY I WOULD HAVE  GONE FOR...BUT ANYWAYS TIRED OF BENNING GETTING COLLEG PLAYERS THAT WONT REALLY BBE BIG IMPACT PLAYERS ..SOME MIGHT BUT HE JUST PICKS WRONG GUYS...THERE IS TALENT RITE IN HIS BACK YARD AND DONT NEED TO GO FAR TO SCOUT..GIANTS ROYALS THE BCHL AND YA LOOK CLOSER TO HOME..ID LIKE TO SEE HIM GO AFER JOE HICKETS..

30 minutes ago, hockeygod77 said:

JIM BENNING NEEDS TO GET MORE PLAYERS LIKE ANTOINNE ROUSEL..THESE TYPE OF PLAYERS IS WHAT WILL MAKE TEAM WIN AND BE COMPETITIVE...I SAID IT LAST YEAR TO GO FOR TYLER BOZAK ..IF THE BLUES BEAT JETS BOZAK WILL BE A MAJOR PART OF IT...JUST AN EXAMPLE PLAYER WOULD BE WAYNE SIMMONDS...ANOTHR GUY I WOULD HAVE  GONE FOR...BUT ANYWAYS TIRED OF BENNING GETTING COLLEG PLAYERS THAT WONT REALLY BBE BIG IMPACT PLAYERS ..SOME MIGHT BUT HE JUST PICKS WRONG GUYS...THERE IS TALENT RITE IN HIS BACK YARD AND DONT NEED TO GO FAR TO SCOUT..GIANTS ROYALS THE BCHL AND YA LOOK CLOSER TO HOME..ID LIKE TO SEE HIM GO AFER JOE HICKETS..

speak up please

i can hardly hear you

33 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

OP reminds me of those two idiots from HNIC/ SN Stock and Healy, the less they had to contribute, the louder they got !!

Healy sometimes gets so heated and seemingly out of breath or something that he starts to spit while he talks and his head (big head) gets redder and redder as he carries on his run-on sentence.  It’s almost like even though he isn’t getting closer, that somehow he is like the camera is on slow zoom or something.   At least Kypreos always looks like he hasn’t crapped in a month and has a perpetual mad on (enunciated with occasional table palming) and you kind of come to expect him to get loud ... he still lets others say their piece.  This post made me laugh, you nailed it.

As for the OP it takes a village and yes a line of Rousells would be nice.   No thx to Simmonds, see Lucic too much cap space for too little production.  Bozak isn’t that chippy, but does have some skills.  Did you mean Kadri?  James Neal  fell off a cliff this year too...lot of cap hit for JV type production.   I do love guys that can play, fight, hit and agitate ... can’t think of anyone up for free Agency that I’d want to spend on .    A trade?  Well Tom Wilson would be incredible but don’t know what the ask would be, something we wouldn’t want to part with is my guess.

I was shocked to see Roussel on After Hours and how narrow his shoulders and his build are.  He plays a bigger game  than his frame, but it shows that it's attitude and confidence behind a true warrior spirit .  He's a total team player and I wouldn't  be opposed to adding pieces like him.   He instills that sense of comradery that's so important (like Burr used to).   Thing for me is that I do want the team to be super selective about who they fill the roster with so as not to disrupt the way things are progressing.  The young guys are starting phase one of building a new core of the future and so it's all about getting the right supporting cast for them as the primary focus.

Archived