The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who would you have drafted in 2015?

Baratheon

I was talking to a friend today and we were discussing the past five drafts and talking about who we would have drafted at the time. (We both would have missed out on Petey haha)

2015 was a weird one because we had a lower pick at 23.  I can remember that I was not happy because I had no idea who Boeser even was.  If I had been GM that year I believe we would have ended up with Oliver Kylington (sorry guys!)

Can any of you remember who you were hoping to pick at #23 that year?

Just now, Baratheon said:

Can any of you remember who you were hoping to pick at #23 that year?

I can't even remember what I had for breakfast yesterday.

Seriously though, because our pick was a lower pick I was probably hoping more for a type of player rather than a specific player.  The only draft eligible guys I typically know much about are the top few picks, plus some of the highly touted WHL guys.  I try not to get too hopeful for a specific player only because you never know what the teams ahead will do.

The one guy I remember really hoping the Canucks would pick, but didn't, was Valeri Bure ('92 draft).

I wanted Aho because the name always stood out to me the other guy I really wanted was Kylington also the name just really stood out to me. Admittedly I didn't really do a ton of research that year I just wanted JB to either pick a C or a D as the Sedins and Ham Juice were starting to decline.  ^^^ Ya I remember liking Roy too. 

Good thread imo.   Asking what we thought at the time - not what we think in hindsight.

I don't exactly recall - I remember being pretty high on Chabot (who went earlier but who I drafted a few times in fantasy around that range - also liked Kylington, Beauvillier) - and Jacob Larsson closer to where we picked (gets a bit obscured when you're drafting for fantasy variables/purposes....)  Probably would have been Larsson among the guys available at 23.....

But I do recall @theminister - at the time - bang on with Boeser.

If we’re going all the way back to Benning’s first draft:

2014: Ritchie and McCann

2015: Konecny

2016: Tkachuk

2017: Pettersson

2018: Hughes

Feel free to do the same, I’d like to see who you guys wanted for each of the past five years

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

I can't say who I would have picked, but there was a lot of talk about picking Konecny

Quite a few, actually.....isn't he Bo's cousin or something?

2nd cousin. :)

3 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I can't say who I would have picked, but there was a lot of talk about picking Konecny

Quite a few, actually.....isn't he Bo's cousin or something?

6ehh7n.png

Archived