The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seattle's Mayor accidentally leaks future team's name?

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just watched a News Documentary(Komo, on Utube), & the shocking homelessness/crime resembles a Brazilian favela. Seattle was such a charming city, when I visited in my youth.

Replace Seattle is dying with Vancouver is dying.. Im sure some places in East Van or Surrey would rival Seattle.. 

• Upvote 3

I thought I heard the name was likely to be the Seattle Sockeyes which I thought was actually OK. I've been hearing people clamoring for Kraken for a while and I think it sucks. Sockeyes sounds old-timey. Me likey.

EDIT: That's where I remember hearing it.

Edited by Rounoush
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Toni Zamboni said:

I like it..... although i would not have an S on the end....just The Kraken sounds great to me.

I suppose if we can all get used to Mighty Ducks then just Ducks, we can get used to Kraken or Krakens. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Shekky said:

well I didn't think I could find anything worse then Golden Knights and yet Seattle some how may have lol.

Meh don't diss the Golden Knights they have craved out a good two seasons for themselves.. much better than any expansion team in modern era. 

I am surprised how they do it.. much praise should be given to Fleury whose number will certainly be in their rafters. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 3