The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seattle's Mayor accidentally leaks future team's name?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just watched a News Documentary(Komo, on Utube), & the shocking homelessness/crime resembles a Brazilian favela. Seattle was such a charming city, when I visited in my youth.

Portland is not far behind.

1 hour ago, drummer4now said:

Meh don't diss the Golden Knights they have craved out a good two seasons for themselves.. much better than any expansion team in modern era. 

I am surprised how they do it.. much praise should be given to Fleury whose number will certainly be in their rafters. 

Different draft rules, c'mon man.

Get real.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

It's good that they went with the nautical theme.... just the kraken isn't really part of the North American West coast lore.  

When I think of the "Pacific Northwest", I think of evergreen trees, totem poles, orcas, eagles, salmon, bears, sasquatch, etc.  

I don't really think of pirate boats fending off kraken attacks....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, 6string said:

Different draft rules, c'mon man.

Get real.

So what look at their current roster their top players are either Mark Stone or Patches lol.. and then look at last years and it's even worse. 

I don't think the different draft rules are a excuse. 

• Haha 1

Lol at people casting shade on homeless people and drug users.

Honestly, when was the last time a homeless person has ruined your day?

Maybe consider what's so wrong with your life that you need to scapegoat vulnerable populations and work on a remedy--just like you expect these people who are up against the world to do.

What about the human pathology compels us to blame people for their circumstances when we know nothing of the individual context that led them there?

Edited by 112
  • Wat 5

11 minutes ago, 112 said:

Maybe consider what's so wrong with your life that you need to scapegoat vulnerable populations and work on a remedy--just like you expect these people who are up against the world to do.

What about the human pathology compels us to blame people for their circumstances when we know nothing of the individual context that led them there?

No one is casting shade on homeless people and drug users.

This is a hockey forum and we are making fun of another team's name...like we do to all teams...e.g. The Calgary Phlegms/Lames, The Edmonton Coilers, The Toronto Make Me Laughs or Maple Loafs etc...

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

They shouldn't be the Golden Knights with VGK as their abbr.

They should be the Las Vegas Knights with LVK as their abbr.

The 'Golden' is unnecessary. 

1 hour ago, 112 said:

Kraken is a name I don't like at first hearing but which I think will likely grow on me.

Golden Knights is just :picard:

Hmm according to Wikipedia the ownership picked the name Vegas "Golden Knights" because the state of Nevada is the number 1 Gold producer in America, and because one of the majority owners played for a college football team named the Black Knights. 

Also the team is called Vegas because it's the most popular used name for the city. 

Edited by drummer4now
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 112 said:

Didn't ruin my day but had one Kick an orange at me then challenge me to a fight and lipped off me and my gf for no reason on Burrard St. He then yelled at is for “staring at him” as we ignored him and walked away. This was on our last trip over for the Sabres/Red Wings games. 

Edited by canuck73_3

I still say they should have gone with "Seattle Salmon". I know, the Salmon isn't a fierce fish, that's the point. It's funny. A Penguin also isn't fierce BTW.

The best part of being the Seattle Salmon is they could have gone with bad-ass pink themed uniforms (think Bret "The Hitman" Hart and how he made pink cool). No other team incorporates pink into their jerseys.

Of course, it wouldn't be "pink" it would be "Salmon".

THE MIGHTY SALMON!

People would have supported that.........

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

They shouldn't be the Golden Knights with VGK as their abbr.

They should be the Las Vegas Knights with LVK as their abbr.

The 'Golden' is unnecessary. 

It's because the London Knights won't let them use their name. For legal reasons the added the Golden. Which I can't stand.

Which is ok, since I can't stand Vegas to begin with, and their sweetheart expansion draft rules even less. 

I like Kraken more than Blue Jackets, Golden Knights or Ducks any day. But I think Totems is a better name. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, 112 said: