The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Seattle's Mayor accidentally leaks future team's name?

Rate this topic

23 hours ago, Yung1 said:

I'm gonna marry the two sides of this discussion.

It is a choice to use. no one is force feeding you the drugs. but that choice is heavily influenced by trauma, abuse, depression, mental illness, etc. you live your life in pain for so long that when the opportunity comes to ingest something to make it better is almost impossible to pass up psychologically.

you're not technically wrong to say it's a choice, but you do lack empathy and a complete understanding of how addiction happens.

nutshell..

this guy gets it

On 9/6/2019 at 7:25 AM, Yung1 said:

I'm gonna marry the two sides of this discussion.

It is a choice to use. no one is force feeding you the drugs. but that choice is heavily influenced by trauma, abuse, depression, mental illness, etc. you live your life in pain for so long that when the opportunity comes to ingest something to make it better is almost impossible to pass up psychologically.

you're not technically wrong to say it's a choice, but you do lack empathy and a complete understanding of how addiction happens.

Why can’t one have empathy, but still disagree?

On 9/5/2019 at 10:33 PM, morrissex95 said:

Alf had you had any PERSONAL DIRECT experience with addiction 

Have you ever been addicted to anything Baer? 

Yes.  But that’s just my own experience. Mental illness is not a choice.  Doctors prescribing certain meds for patients (although it’s still a choice to take the meds) I see as not a choice.  Addiction, in those circumstances happens.  

Just looked at the thread title.  Is Seattle calling their new team some weird name?  

Edited by Alflives

On 4/13/2019 at 12:14 AM, Where's Wellwood said:

They shouldn't be the Golden Knights with VGK as their abbr.

They should be the Las Vegas Knights with LVK as their abbr.

The 'Golden' is unnecessary. 

Golden was necessary as the London Knights of the OHL have trademarked the 'Knights' name.

I wish it was LVK though to honest.

On 4/12/2019 at 8:41 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Just watched a News Documentary(Komo, on Utube), & the shocking homelessness/crime resembles a Brazilian favela. Seattle was such a charming city, when I visited in my youth.

Are you really comparing a 3rd world lawless war zone to an inner city of a 1st world country? The States have pretty rough areas for 1st world standards - I'd say Detroit, Camden and Chicago being the worst. That being said, no comparison to places like the Favelas in Rio. 

1 hour ago, Quinn12 said:

Golden was necessary as the London Knights of the OHL have trademarked the 'Knights' name.

I wish it was LVK though to honest.

We have a Sockeyes team in Richmond so I'd hate the Sockeyes name associated with another team.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Are you really comparing a 3rd world lawless war zone to an inner city of a 1st world country? The States have pretty rough areas for 1st world standards - I'd say Detroit, Camden and Chicago being the worst. That being said, no comparison to places like the Favelas in Rio. 

Bus 174