The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks Likely to push for Gardiner on July 1st

40 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think I could live with Myers better since we need RHD.... but I really dont want either one 

Problem with Myers is when he has to play top assignments or big minutes his quality of play drops off quite a lot 

I wonder where these "experts" come up with who we will push to sign? It's way too convenient that they have an "insider" within the organization because obviously they can't say who he is otherwise that insider would get in trouble. This also means that, if there isn't an insider to begin with, it's so easy to lie about it.

Maybe I should start a media outlet.... ;)

• Haha 1

Gardiner is too much like the defencemen we already have, just with more offensive ability than most.  If Benning is going to spend big money and term on a UFA defenceman, it has to be on one who bring us things that we don't have and also need.  To me, this would be Myers.  He's RHD, can skate and play a shutdown role, is big and could be a perfect partner for Hughes.  BTW, Tryamkin has all of these attributes too, at a younger age and much lower price, just not the RHD.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

Gardiner is too much like the defencemen we already have, just with more offensive ability than most.  If Benning is going to spend big money and term on a UFA defenceman, it has to be on one who bring us things that we don't have and also need.  To me, this would be Myers.  He's RHD, can skate and play a shutdown role, is big and could be a perfect partner for Hughes.  BTW, Tryamkin has all of these attributes too, at a younger age and much lower price, just not the RHD.

Tryamkin is a lefty but plays right side FYI.

FAR, FAR rather push to bring Tryamkin back vs spending $7mx7 years on Myers. Also far rather sign say Stralman (short term) and trade for a 2nd pair'ish RD (Ceci would be cheap, Ristolainen more expensive...maybe a RD from TBL or CAR etc).