The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SUSPENSION] Kadri Suspension - Rest of Round 1

elliotte gave a pretty good rundown during this flames/avs intermission of his suspension history. i expect the league to throw the book at him for using his stick as a weapon, again. thats dangerous and reckless. despite what anyone thinks of the bruins as a team, or players on that team, i dont like seeing a guy using his stick on another guy for revenge. thats assault and has no place in hockey

Just now, Twilight Sparkle said:

elliotte gave a pretty good undown during this flames/avs intermission of his suspension history. i expect the league to throw the book at him for using his stick as a weapon, again. thats dangerous and reckless. despite what anyone thinks of the bruins as a team, or players on that team, i dont like seeing a guy using his stick on another guy for revenge. thats assault and has no place in hockey

Boston is trash and i hate them.

but you're 100% right

I hate having empathy towards the bruins

8 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Kadri needs to go for good.  He's an ass...I'll never forget the throat slash.  Guy needs anger management ... preferably out of the league.  Four suspensions in 6 years...yeah, guy isn't learning much. 

To be fair there are far worse offending players than him, but he does need to wise up.. 

Can't believe people are still upset about 2011, that was 8 years ago already. Long since time to move on.

Looks good on Toronto, everyone except their management knew they weren't tough enough. Hope the Canuck's build a balanced team and include some toughness with skill instead of just getting high end but soft players. Kadri was the only "tough' player they had and obviously not very smart. Now he's going to get what he deserve's for being a rat for so many years. 

17 minutes ago, rychicken said:

disgusting "play" that cannot be misinterpreted -  they need to make a statement that things like that are not allowed....so, in NHL world... 8-10 games?

8-10 is fair, but if the league wants to get rid of that ****, i'd go 10+  and throw the book. 10 playoff games, plus 20 regular season. when is enough, enough with this guy?

Was listening to the TML feed on the radio... the broadcasters were mentioning how maybe DeBrusk may be exaggerating the injury by staying in the locker room.  How they hope he's not faking, just so he can be suspended for that "knee-on-knee" hit :picard:

5 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Was listening to the TML feed on the radio... the broadcasters were mentioning how maybe DeBrusk may be exaggerating the injury by staying in the locker room.  How they hope he's not faking, just so he can be suspended for that "knee-on-knee" hit :picard:

it's kinda hard to fake the concussion spotters. TO media are dumb

37 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Kadri needs to go for good.  He's an ass...I'll never forget the throat slash.  Guy needs anger management ... preferably out of the league.  Four suspensions in 6 years...yeah, guy isn't learning much. 

But see the hypocrisy is that you (like many Canucks fans including myself) are huge Burrows fans...how can you be for one and against the other? 

I guess the only logical answer being that fans of one and not the other but that’s where the hypocrisy lies. IMHO your response is way over the top. “Needs to go for good”? Come on now lol. Yes he’s very careless and reckless letting emotions get the best of him but how’s that any different from Burrows or Kesler who I adore. My take is more that he’ll be punished and have to learn from it or keep facing the league. I get why he did what he did but it was clearly over the top.

16 minutes ago, Generational.EP40 said:

But see the hypocrisy is that you (like many Canucks fans including myself) are huge Burrows fans...how can you be for one and against the other? 

I guess the only logical answer being that fans of one and not the other but that’s where the hypocrisy lies. IMHO your response is way over the top. “Needs to go for good”? Come on now lol. Yes he’s very careless and reckless letting emotions get the best of him but how’s that any different from Burrows or Kesler who I adore. My take is more that he’ll be punished and have to learn from it or keep facing the league. I get why he did what he did but it was clearly over the top.

burrows and kesler never used their sticks as weapons against other guys in an attempt to take them out of the game (in fact, remember that one crosscheck right to keslers face, early in his career here from boulerice; we never saw that guy again). retaliations happen, crosschecks happen, but really look at this kadri play-- i've never seen burrows do that, let alone twice in one year

here, kadri knew exactly what he was doing, and that was to try and take someone, who was singlehandedly killing the leafs, out of this series

5 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

I don't know how Chara was able to restrain himself from beating the $&!# out of Kadri in that situation. 

i think chara knew that the bruins were thin on guys enough as it is. there would be no point in retaliating from there

Archived