The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SUSPENSION] Kadri Suspension - Rest of Round 1

4 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

its basically 5 games if it goes 7. given his history and this his second crosscheck to the head suspension, he got off easy

Agreed there.

I also don't like the non-specific length of the suspension.  It could be three games, or it could be five, depending on the outcome.  They should have just made it five (I would have preferred more) and if it carried over to the next round (God forbid) or next season (my preference) then so be it.

14 minutes ago, stawns said:

Hockey is mind numbingly boring these days......no fights, no hits, no personality.  Ive lived and breathed hockey for over 4 decades (watching, playing, coaching) and, other than Canucks games, I rarely watch NHL hockey anymore.  I don't find straight skill to be remotely entertaining.......I want to see these guys go to battle, not skate a hundred miles an hour around the rink unchallenged.

I don’t disagree, especially on the average regular season night.

this is why I love the playoffs.

having said that, nhl hockey is still more entertaining to me than any other major televised sport.

Was obviously not going to be something that would actually matter. It's not like Kadri got even a game for his head hit on Daniel. Obviously Rome's 1 second late hit is just as bad as intentionally cross checking someone in the face. A hockey play vs something that's not even close to one. (and yes I do realize that Kadri could potentially have 1 game more on his suspension than Rome had) Complete joke yet again by the NHL.

44 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Fair imo... No way is this anywhere as bad or even close to the two most vicious acts in NHL history (Rome hit and Bertuzzi incident). Not even comparable one bit!

Im not sure if you are being sarcastic. It wasnt Bertuzzi that dogpiled on top of himself and moore, likely the real reason  there was any “injury”, and romes hit was hardly vicious let alone intentional or predatory. 

Archived