The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Huberdeau

He's the #1 LW they need too... Hoffman would be a cheap alternative, they will need to shed cap space and he only has 1 more year left.... Ive heard people suggest we take Reimer too and put him in Utica... Take more of there salary as a part of a Hoffman deal... I also like this because it opens a a potential backup roll for Luongo if they sign Bobrovsky. Which helps us as well if Luongo doesnt have to retire. Goldobin and Hutton and maybe a 2nd for Hoffman and Reimer... Were helping them free up around 8 million and getting a scoring winger. 

Huberdeau was rumoured to be available earlier in the year. Part of Florida clearing salary/roster space for Panarin and Bobrovsky. If that's the case, maybe #10 gets close to getting it done?

But my guess is Columbus and Florida have a sign-and-trade deal agreed to. Panarin + Bob with 8-year deals (CBJ is the only team that can give them 8) for Huberdeau and Reimer.

5 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Huberdeau was rumoured to be available earlier in the year. Part of Florida clearing salary/roster space for Panarin and Bobrovsky. If that's the case, maybe #10 gets close to getting it done?

But my guess is Columbus and Florida have a sign-and-trade deal agreed to. Panarin + Bob with 8-year deals (CBJ is the only team that can give them 8) for Huberdeau and Reimer.

They also hadn't just got Quenneville. It's most likely their ideas mid-season are different from how they would be now so I doubt Huberdeau's up for grabs unless if Quenneville's system turns out to not work.

Sutter, Goldobin, and Hutton are definitely not the starting points. He would cost something painful and that’s not including the #10 pick.

Would love to have him. Great player, great contract. But you gotta give to get. None of the players you listed would get the conversation started, imo.

I would LOVE to get Huberdeau on the Canucks.  He would be incredible with Petterson and Boeser.  Not only that, be he's signed long term at a very reasonable $5.9 mil.  I think the likelihood of Florida trading him are very very slim (even with the Columbus rumours earlier this year), and I think they would ask for Petterson, Boeser, Horvat or Hughes.  Ekblad, Huberdeau and Barkov are the young foundation of that team.

However if there is any way to get a deal done not including those four, I would jump on it.  Definitely worth Benning making a call.  I would gladly offer #10 overall, Juolevi, Virtanen and take on Reimer's salary to get this deal done.  Throw in some others as well, I'd still agree to the deal.

Tallon was talking at the draft about improving his defence as a big key in the offseason.

If they are going all in for next season, maybe taking some cap hit off their hands would also push us closer to a deal.

Tanev, Juolevi, Virtanen, Demko might be pieces they would have more interest in.

We take on Luongo or Reimer... or both.

7 minutes ago, Provost said:

Tallon was talking at the draft about improving his defence as a big key in the offseason.

If they are going all in for next season, maybe taking some cap hit off their hands would also push us closer to a deal.

Tanev, Juolevi, Virtanen, Demko might be pieces they would have more interest in.

We take on Luongo or Reimer... or both.

Let me ask you this: would you trade away Pettersson for similar pieces to what you are offering Florida? We need to improve our defense too, but would you trade away your best forward to do that?

It would actually make more sense for Florida to trade almost anyone else on their roster to improve their defense than it would to trade Huberdeau. Yet I love how you guys are like "Here have our scraps for your number 1 forward!" That's just not how trades work. lol

4 hours ago, The Lock said:

They also hadn't just got Quenneville. It's most likely their ideas mid-season are different from how they would be now so I doubt Huberdeau's up for grabs unless if Quenneville's system turns out to not work.

Almost every hockey insider is saying that Panarin wants to sign there and that they want him.

They have Huberdeau, Hoffman (70 points), and Vatrano (24 goals) on LW already.  Someone has to move out and someone with salary.

Just now, Provost said:

Almost every hockey insider is saying that Panarin wants to sign there and that they want him.

They have Huberdeau, Hoffman (70 points), and Vatrano (24 goals) on LW already.  Someone has to move out and someone with salary.

They're not going to trade away Huberdeau even if they sign Panarin. Did Toronto trade away Matthews or Marner or Nylander when they signed Tavares? Pittsburgh has Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel (and has for years now). The trend is that teams are paying top dollar for their core and then building around that. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't, but that's the trend.

So based on that, Florida's more likely to work around their core in a similar way rather than trading one of them.

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Let me ask you this: would you trade away Pettersson for similar pieces to what you are offering Florida? We need to improve our defense too, but would you trade away your best forward to do that?

It would actually make more sense for Florida to trade almost anyone else on their roster to improve their defense than it would to trade Huberdeau. Yet I love how you guys are like "Here have our scraps for your number 1 forward!" That's just not how trades work. lol

Except we aren’t the ones that invented them looking at moving Huberdeau.  Actual hockey insiders have said repeatedly.

Just now, Provost said:

Except we aren’t the ones that invented them looking at moving Huberdeau.  Actual hockey insiders have said repeatedly.

Did you even read my post before? You apparently missed that I said their situation is different now.

Look. I like Huberdeau too, but I just don't see it being realistic.

5 hours ago, The Future Looks Bright said:

What would it require to get J. Huberdeau from Florida?

He would be the #1 LW we are looking for.

Sutter, Goldobin, Hutton, and our 10th Over all pick is a starting point

Thoughts?

FLA is ramping up for something big.. we can't afford him

12 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Did you even read my post before? You apparently missed that I said their situation is different now.

Look. I like Huberdeau too, but I just don't see it being realistic.

Because you posted something, it doesn’t make it true.

It is still math and roster positions.  The Panarin & Brobovsky rumours are still around.  I am not sure how hiring Quennville changes their mindset on Huberdeau, you didn’t give any rationale at all.  They were in win now mode before and they sill are.

They aren’t likely to have a 70 point guy in Hoffman as their 3rd line LW and a 24 goal guy as their 4th line LW.  

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Because you posted something, it doesn’t make it true.

It is still math and roster positions.  The Panarin & Brobovsky rumours are still around.  I am not sure how hiring Quennville changes their mindset on Huberdeau, you didn’t give any rationale at all.  They were in win now mode before and they sill are.

They aren’t likely to have a 70 point guy in Hoffman as their 3rd line LW and a 24 goal guy as their 4th line LW.  

The Huberdeau rumours were debunked almost as fast as they were reported. 

Archived