The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Louie Eriksson and Jake Virtanen and Jim Benning

Rate this topic

CaptainLinden16

On 4/22/2019 at 9:01 AM, Tomatoes11 said:

Benning flips no one. He hangs on to useless bottom 6 assets  or borderline top

6 assets until they are worth nothing. All this because of some misguided notion, that he and most of the cdc fan base shares, that these kids are mentally weak as hell and need some kind of sheltering. That’s the whole benning apologist spiel to absolve benning for the following.

- pissing away high 2nds and 3rds or prospects for useless bottom 6 grinders.

- hanging on to assets too long until they are untradeable.

- Edmonton and buffalo being the only examples they give that support going this route while every other successful team doesn’t use this model of rebuilding and for good reason.

Fact is, we should have traded Edler before his NTC kicked in and we should have traded Tanev before he got injured. And we should have traded Sutter when he was worth a lot more. And many many more. JV too needs to go before his worth is completely gone.

JB isn’t going to flip anything except maybe another young prospect like Dahlen or a 2nd round pick. The guys a horrible gm.

Leaf fan or should be

• Haha 1

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:11 AM, Alflives said:

Second round picks (IMO) are great for getting gem D men.  I look at Nashville, and they got Josi and Webber in round two.  Then traded Webber for another second round pick D man - PK.  I didn’t go through the entire league, but I know there are a lot of really important D men who were drafted in round two.  I don’t care if a guy is a plug, who plays 500 games.  I do care about getting Gem players (like Josi, Webber, Subban, and many others) though.  

Careful. They were drafted 10 and 15 years ago respectively. 2008 when Josi & Karlsson were drafted marked a period when;

Everyone ''noticed'' good athletes who were D suddenly.  

Take a look last year?  Top 15 had 5 D. When there are good ones available, they are being snagged earlier.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2