The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Alex Tuch/Colin Miller (Vegas)

I've looked at Vegas' situation for a while and I don't think their in dire need of a huge change due to cap complications. They need to do some maneuvering, but nothing like Toronto or Winnipeg. 

I've been thinking we might be able to scoop up Reaves for next to nothing. Moving out his cap hit would be almost all they have to do (especially if Haula isn't ready to go for the start of next year), so we might be able to get him for pennies. I don't think Vegas would want to trade him as he's a culture guy over there, but they'd probably rather lose him than some other players. 

Miller is another good target. Right handed defenseman that fits our needs. He was scratched a couple of times in the middle of the year and he could be someone Vegas let's go for cap relief. 

Gusev has been signed and is with Vegas now I do believe, maybe he plays today or they wait till round 2?

Colin Miller would be a great target for us I agree, been on that bandwagon a while now. He is under a 4m cap hit, not sure what it would take to get him. I think Vegas wants to try and sign EK on July 1 so they might want to move out some salary and get that big ticket FA. Think Tampa could try lure EK as well to play with Hedman and save big on the taxes down in Tampa.

Miller for a pick to give Vegas cap relief?

He still had some decent wheels deep into the OT last night, doubtful or would be a mistake for Vegas to move him but all depends what the team wants to do in the off season. They dont have a ton of cap space to go after a big fish unless they move out some salary

Archived