Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Strome

A new vote projection points to a historic Green win in P.E.I.

This could be very interesting. 

The 66th Prince Edward Island general election will be held this Tuesday. Rarely does P.E.I. politics get centre stage in the national Canadian media, but opinion polls conducted in the past months indicate that P.E.I. could soon be led by the very first Green Party government in Canadian history.

However, three main factors make the result of this election highly uncertain: 1) the low population per district (less than 100,000 voters for 27 electoral districts); 2) the scarcity of scientific polls available (only four polls in the past month, all of which have sample sizes smaller than 800 people); and 3) the novelty of a surging Green Party, to a level which we have never seen before in Canada.

Nevertheless, using a simplified version of the 338 electoral model adapted to P.E.I., here is the electoral projection for April 22.

Popular Vote Projection

The Green Party of Prince Edward Island is projected as the favourite to win the popular vote in Tuesday’s election with average support of 36.4 per cent. Should this projected support translate into actual votes on Tuesday, this would be the highest vote share for a Green party in Canadian history.

FOURNIER1.png

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/a-new-vote-projection-points-to-a-historic-green-win-in-p-e-i/

• Thanks 1

Hopefully the greens win, it will help to have more credible choices for actual government.

Competition will, in theory anyway, make the other parties run better candidates and on better platforms.

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

With the recent shift to the Right, it would be a welcome surprise.

Edited by Guest

thats interesting.... I wonder how much of it is a regional effect with people tired of the usual PC vs Lib stuff? might give the federal Greens a boost out east as well. The federal Liberals crushed all 4 seats the last election but that could all change in a hurry. 

4 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

imagine having a green government.. LOL 

Will be interesting to follow.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats interesting.... I wonder how much of it is a regional effect with people tired of the usual PC vs Lib stuff? might give the federal Greens a boost out east as well. The federal Liberals crushed all 4 seats the last election but that could all change in a hurry. 

I think after a few years in PEI will either grow the party federally or ruin it depending what PEI looks like under a green party if they do win.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Will be interesting to follow.

I think after a few years in PEI will either grow the party federally or ruin it depending what PEI looks like under a green party if they do win.

More and more canadians are thankfully seeing the negative effects of climate change.

Look for the Green Party to be adding support across Canada  including Alberta....

21 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

More and more canadians are thankfully seeing the negative effects of climate change.

Look for the Green Party to be adding support across Canada  including Alberta....

I think it's clear green party support is growing across the country I just wonder if they will stay a fringe party federally or if this will change things.

I think this illustrates how tired voters are of the existing parties. 

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

People still put faith in poles?

The only poles that are worth there money are stripper poles.

Edited by Violator
  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 3

These polls are ridiculously biased and are rarely if ever right.

Basically all it is is a two pronged confirmation that these are (a) people that are willing to answer some stupid poll, that (b) have a landline phone.  That is it.

Need I remind you?

Push polling at its finest.

Posted (edited)

IMO the whole system of politics needs a revamp.. because it is essentially a giant scam set up by the establishment. 

I feel sad for the common working class pleb or lower income person who may have to depend on these crooks. 

I still can't believe hard working people still donate to these people... :sadno: thinking they would do something for them.

Fortunately people are finally waking up.. 

Edited by drummer4now
  • Upvote 2

Vote green all they want but they should get zero of the federal "have not" funds that come from any province that produces energy that has a negative environmental impact...aka all forms of energy.

42 minutes ago, drummer4now said:

IMO the whole system of politics needs a revamp.. because it is essentially a giant scam set up by the establishment. 

I feel sad for the common working class pleb or lower income person who may have to depend on these crooks. 

I still can't believe hard working people still donate to these people... :sadno: thinking they would do something for them.

Fortunately people are finally waking up.. 

Its money laundering and theft.  Plain and simple.

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Is their leader Anne?  :shock:  

• Haha 1

First Pot is  nationally legalized... now Greens forming governments....

What is next ?  LOL ?????

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Elizabeth May is getting married.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Obviously.

In PEI they think the Green party is just short for the Green Gables party.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Free money

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if there will be a potato shortage crisis as the island will be legislated vegan?

• Haha 2