Sign in to follow this  
Arrow 1983

I disagree with the Masses this foward group is not the probem

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

On 4/25/2019 at 3:26 PM, theo5789 said:

Whether you think Baertschi is a bad player or not, leave the injuries and concussions out of it. He didn't have these issues when the trade was made. For all we know, that supposed 2nd round pick could have injury/concussion problems as well at this point, but I guess as long as a few years younger, then it's better?

 

So injuries aside, there are 186 supposed top 6 NHL forwards. Baertschi's PPG puts him at 149. Is he an elite 2nd liner, probably not, but he's certainly within the production of a top 6 forward. Perhaps his production would be even better without the injuries. So unfortunately he is what he is today, which is still a top 6 productive forward with injury issues, but at the time of the trade, the potential was well worth a 2nd. I'm sure when the deal was made, they weren't thinking that they would be back competing for the playoffs 8 years later or whatever.

What potential? Calgary dumped him over Mason Raymond for a reason. I think he was going on waivers if the sucker Benning and Weisbrod didn’t come along.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Thanks to O'Halloran 

Asterisk win--- to quote Marchessault."It was a f&#ing joke"

Reminds me of our 5 on 3  five minute major

NHL referee Dan O’Halloran hasn’t missed working a conference final round in more than a decade, Scouting The Refs reports.

 

 

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -- Two referees who officiated Game 7 of the Vegas Golden Knights' series against the San Jose Sharks will not be advancing in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, according to a report by Scouting the Refs.

In the report, referees Dan O'Halloran and Eric Furlatt have been pulled from the second round. 

 

NHL referee Dan O’Halloran hasn’t missed working a conference final round in more than a decade, Scouting The Refs reports.

Yet, O’Halloran hasn’t been pegged to work a second-round series, the site reports.

The call sparked much controversy, and not only from Golden Knights players and their loyal fan base. It was the talk of the league. Vegas, after all, led 3-0 with less than nine minutes remaining when the penalty — arguably one of the worst in NHL playoff history — was called.

“It’s a (expletive) joke. It’s embarrassing is what it is,” forward Jonathan Marchessault said. “That call changes the whole outcome. Changes the whole future of us, the outcome of this year. It’s a joke. I’d be embarrassed if I was them.”

So much of a joke that O’Halloran and Furlatt, just like the Golden Knights, aren’t advancing.

 

NHL apologizes to Golden Knights for controversial penalty blunder

 

 

 

No it was definitely a blown call, but Vegas choked.  If they killed off the penalty there wouldn't even be any discussion, but they failed.  Vegas should've won game 6, they should've won game 7.  But when the time came, it was Karlsson that made the play in OT for the series winning goal.  Give me a player who rises to the occasion please.  Once again, I will take Karlsson on my team any day.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Tomatoes11 said:

What potential? Calgary dumped him over Mason Raymond for a reason. I think he was going on waivers if the sucker Benning and Weisbrod didn’t come along.

Calgary also put Martin St Louis on waivers, not like they're always a fine judge of young talent over there...

Edited by canuck73_3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

No it was definitely a blown call, but Vegas choked.  If they killed off the penalty there wouldn't even be any discussion, but they failed.  Vegas should've won game 6, they should've won game 7.  But when the time came, it was Karlsson that made the play in OT for the series winning goal.  Give me a player who rises to the occasion please.  Once again, I will take Karlsson on my team any day.

And Karlsson is doing all this with a seriously injured groin, he's not even close to 100% and still coming in clutch. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

No it was definitely a blown call, but Vegas choked.  If they killed off the penalty there wouldn't even be any discussion, but they failed.  Vegas should've won game 6, they should've won game 7.  But when the time came, it was Karlsson that made the play in OT for the series winning goal.  Give me a player who rises to the occasion please.  Once again, I will take Karlsson on my team any day.

 

hit man.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

 

hit man.jpg

What does the ref have to do with how Karlsson played?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Viper007 said:

What does the ref have to do with how Karlsson played?

The whole team success was an error. His success included. Vegas should be in still.

ohalloran.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

The whole team success was an error. His success included. Vegas should be in still.

ohalloran.jpg

Still need to do something with that opportunity.  If they didn't it would be a failure, but they made good on that opportunity.  Again, if Vegas had killed the penalty this would be a moot point, but THEY CHOKED!!!

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Canucks still have large holes at all positions

 

Signing Karlsson would mean that this team will not be able to keep all of their good young players so that signing would be a huge mistake. Patience, good drafting and player development  are all that is needed.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hughes looks good for the PK. And maybe Joulevi might add some D help. If we were in contention "maybe" EK but were not there yet (plus injury concerns). I would rather add youngish type forwards like Lee, Dzingle and possibly Ferland. 

The dark horse is Tryamkin, if Benning can make it so.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Hughes looks good for the PK. And maybe Joulevi might add some D help. If we were in contention "maybe" EK but were not there yet (plus injury concerns). I would rather add youngish type forwards like Lee, Dzingle and possibly Ferland. 

The dark horse is Tryamkin, if Benning can make it so.

 

I don't see Lee leaving the Isles, who should be good with cap space, and I don't see Dzingel leaving Columbus, which is where he went to school I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GarthButcher5 said:

The Canucks still have large holes at all positions

 

Signing Karlsson would mean that this team will not be able to keep all of their good young players so that signing would be a huge mistake. Patience, good drafting and player development  are all that is needed.

Because signing 1 player means all their good young players won't be signed? That's a bunch of crock.  The salary cap will go up every year with increases in revenues.  Everybody is overestimating contracts for these kids.  Are we gonna give Quinn 12 mill after his ELC? I think not.  Pettersson will only get $10 mill + if he is comparable to McDavid.  Alot of contracts will be coming off the books soon, so salary concerns aren't an issue yet.

  • Hydration 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Viper007 said:

Still need to do something with that opportunity.  If they didn't it would be a failure, but they made good on that opportunity.  Again, if Vegas had killed the penalty this would be a moot point, but THEY CHOKED!!!

lol giving them a 5min penalty in a game 7 with 10mins to go with both team already tired plus all the emotion and momentum going to San Jose rallying around their fallen captain... it's a huge swing in the game.. defending powerplay against a top 5 power play unit for 5 straight mins.. that's like the Boston rallyed around Rome's hit on horton and took the momentum and ran us out of the series.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, stawns said:

I don't see Lee leaving the Isles, who should be good with cap space, and I don't see Dzingel leaving Columbus, which is where he went to school I think.

Dzingel was a healthy scratch last night and Tortorella is not going anywhere while Dzingel is a free agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.