• Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7
    • Blue Jackets in 4
    • Blue Jackets in 5
    • Blue Jackets in 6
    • Blue Jackets in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/28/2019 at 12:00 AM

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Haha, you are right.  I forgot about Carolina's win.  Can't believe they won a Cup before Vancouver...  :sadno:

Rod Brinda'mour.....  

The Nucks were out that year....I was cheering them on from game one of the playoffs. I want to win again to see him get a cup as a coach. 

Image result for rod brind'amour cup

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to ADF: (A2) Boston Bruins vs. (WC2) Columbus Blue Jackets | Blue Jackets lead series 2-1
7 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:

With Marchands history, this should be a suspension.

This is a player who can’t control himself. This is a player with a problem. In his career, he has been suspended six times for 19 games and fined three times. He has earned his reputation of being a dirty player

Wow, that's despicable and cowardly. 

I'm not sure if I'm talking about Marchand punching a guy in the back of the head, or the NHL doing nothing about it.

• Upvote 1

Actually been a great series to watch...

Bruins doing what they do best... disgusting pieces of sh!t they are...

Blue Jackets doing fine and matching them all the way... BJ to drop Bruins in 5

And rat boy at it again... wonder when he starts licking the BJ boys...

35 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Yip. I'd go so far as to say the Jackets are winning the physical game. Dubinsky, Foligno, Anderson, et all. They are younger and faster than the B's. I hope it goes seven before the Jackets take the series. I cant get enough of watching the B's getting physically pummeled. 

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Gnarcore said:

Rod Brinda'mour.....  

The Nucks were out that year....I was cheering them on from game one of the playoffs. I want to win again to see him get a cup as a coach. 

Image result for rod brind'amour cup

He's doing the old stomping grounds proud (N.Island)....

And making it impossible not to like that team.

I never liked that as an NHL market.

But the Ron Francis era got me on board with that team - absolutely loved the core they put together there - Slavin, Aho, Teravainen, Pesce....

Their drafting - outside the first round - through those years (post 2011) got them Slavin (4th round), Pesce (3rd), Aho (2nd), Rask and McGinn (2nds), Foegele (3rd), Wallmark (4th)....(DuMoulin and Faulk in the 2nd round the previous couple years). Kuokkanen another 2nd round pick that looks like a solid player.  That's a pretty good haul imo.

Didn't like what the new owner has done....but it's really hard not to continue to like that team (imo one that'd be damn good on virtual auto-pilot).

And it's great to see Brind'Amour killing it.

Can't help but imagine what the current group would look like if you added Lindholm and Hanifin back into that mix....

Anyhow - a Columbus Carolina ECF would be pretty fun to watch.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

Yeah, it's the one series I can't miss.   The CBJ are my favorite team left standing (and I 'hate' the Bruins)....so lots of tension to enjoy there.

Even with half a blueline I think the CBJ are just too much, too heavy for Boston, who don't have that old ace of turning up their cheap and after the whistles antics.

I'll be surprised if the CBJ don't go after/call out Marchand tonight - not sure it was a great idea on his part to incite what he has.

Anderson, Foligno, Jenner, Dubinsky, Savard....I think the more heated that series gets, the more it plays into Columbus' strengths.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

Yeah, it's the one series I can't miss.   The CBJ are my favorite team left standing (and I 'hate' the Bruins)....so lots of tension to enjoy there.

Even with half a blueline I think the CBJ are just too much, too heavy for Boston, who don't have that old ace of turning up their cheap and after the whistles antics.

I'll be surprised if the CBJ don't go after/call out Marchand tonight - not sure it was a great idea on his part to incite what he has.

Anderson, Foligno, Jenner, Dubinsky, Savard....I think the more heated that series gets, the more it plays into Columbus' strengths.

Its been a joy to see a young hungry BJ team led by the 'villain' Torts go toe to toe with the dirty Bruins...

I think, Ive said it often enough, how much I hate Boston and all the forgive and forget sh!te I've heard people speak about since 2011 don't go awash with me... 

Can't get enough of seeing the Bruins getting hammered... the more the merrier... 

Just hope the league doesn't start screwing it up for BJ's like they did against us in 2011.

Blue Jackets works so hard for one another... If they can keep this play up, I will not be the slightest surprised to see them lift the cup... good for the game. 

Edited by spook007

I wanted to wait and see what the NHL decided with Marchand before commenting, but I'll admit I'm not shocked by it, but I'm kind of confused by it because I'm confused on their message they're trying to send to the players and the future of the game regarding targeted head hits and removing them.

The old school in me gets it, it's a love tap it's hockey, you do things to get under the other teams skin, that's playoffs, and heck if that was me and the NHL said you're suspended for that I would be pissed and argue my case. Yet at the same time it's a message I would eventually get, the message the NHL has been trying to preach for the last 5 years roughly do not target someone's head, unless they agree to fight. I would have to accept that what I did was a shot to someone's head in a manner where the player had no chance to defend himself and could of been injured, and trust me I would get the message especially if I was missing games in the playoffs for it. 

A blow to the back of someone's head can actually cause a lot of damage especially when they're not expecting it, but it seems the NHL doesn't want to or is afraid to make a stand regarding targeted head hits still. This wasn't accidental contact to the head where you see in hockey plays like hits or collisions, this was a deliberate shot to the head to a player in a vulnerable position unable to defend for himself. 

Now if the NHL wasn't making it their mission to crack down on head hits in the NHL and suspend players all the time for them I wouldn't give a crap about this play, but it's the fact that they have made it their mission to crack down on head hits over the last few years and when a deliberate one like this happens and they have a chance to make a stand on head hits they don't, instead now they send mixed thoughts/ideas to players on what's a head shot then. So punching someone in the back of the head is okay as long as a ref doesn't see it or a player doesn't get injured, so the NHL is going to wait for a Bertuzzi incident again before making a stand on it?

Even the Malkin one where he was suspended during the season for hitting the player in the head with his stick after, forgot the other player involved but it was his actions of punching Malkin in the back of the head that lead to that. Again he punched a guy in the back of the head where a player wasn't able to defend himself, imo that's a targeted shot to the head and should be a suspension, if you really want to get head shots out of your sport you need to crack down on the matter, if not then what's the point.