The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) 3 way trade to land PK Suban

Gator

I am not adverse to getting Subban, but his value isn't what it was a few years ago.

The proposed trade is way too complex to make happen.  We could probably get a better and younger D than Subban if we managed to get all those assets from Calgary and flipped them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

Pass. Getting Subban just screams to me like yet another case of management trying to expedite a rebuild rather than doing it the right way, and it coming back to bite us in the ass down the line

We are in desperate need for top end dmen and RD is quite bare for us. While this may expedite a rebuild, I don't see how it would bite us down the line unless we pay an absurd price to acquire him.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Calgary is not going to give anyone a 1st and Dube for anyone taking on Neal. If they did that, a number of teams would line up to take it and then Calgary should fire Treliving. 

I agree they likely wouldn't be moving a 1st and Dube, but maybe a 1st and Rasmus Andersson (dual benefit of shutting up the haters of the Baertschi trade)?

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I agree they likely wouldn't be moving a 1st and Dube, but maybe a 1st and Rasmus Andersson (dual benefit of shutting up the haters of the Baertschi trade)?

yeah but Neal. Neal. We have one like that already. Even if Jim is able to find a new home for Loui I still don't think we need to be talking on contracts like this on purpose. Free agency is risky enough. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Botchfords master plan hinges on both the first and dube, along with a sweetener going to nashville for pk. So of your changing the calgary deal it affects the other one. I do agree theres no way calgary would pay that to be rid of neal. I also doubt a later 1st and dube move the needle much for nashville in a pk move. All the speculation for them moving pk was the acquire some proven scoring up front while having fabbro replacing subban. None of this makes any sense for any of the teams involved.