The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Keith Gretzky to VAN for President?

Rate this topic

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

If anything maybe the Oilers are finally serious about cleaning up the Ole Boys clubhouse ( Gretzky free ).

So in a kind way the media distortion has Gretzky seeking oppurtunities by making us look foolish as being interested.

Friedman is just another slimeball jourmalist .

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Green Goblin said:

I'd say no or President, but maybe as a scout/assistant/consultant. Looking at his history, he never used his name for status gain. He literally worked his way up through the minors to get to the NHL as an amateur scout with the Bruins a few years back.

He only started working for the Oilers in 2016, so he wasn't part of that "Ole Boys Club" that ruined that franchise in the mid 2000s to mid 2010s.

He actually seems legit.

For a guy that pales in comparison to Wayne, I hope he didn't. If anything, he'd be constantly compared to the 'other' brother.

Anyway, I think if Benning thinks he's good to have on board, then he can. It's a little weird though because wouldn't President be a job above his? I highly doubt it. It's an interesting speculation. Maybe there's no need for a President.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Upvote 1

Keith Gretzky is a hockey guy who does have an extensive scouting background which makes me think that if the Canucks have interest it may be for that or some other assistant role. 

As for President? It is a very big stretch to imagine this.

Edited by GarthButcher5