The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

Didn't watch the debate, but from what I'm reading it seems like Mayor Pete, Yang and Klobuchar were the "winners", while the front runners (natch) were the "losers", especially Warren who they say, struggled to cope with everyone attacking her.

16 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Didn't watch the debate, but from what I'm reading it seems like Mayor Pete, Yang and Klobuchar were the "winners", while the front runners (natch) were the "losers", especially Warren who they say, struggled to cope with everyone attacking her.

Nothing like a 3rd party review of something you didn't see lol

38 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Mayor Pete was good, he dominated Beto in an exchange on gun control

Tom Steyer held his own quite well too, I thought he sounded very knowledgable

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Biden was a lot better, imo.

Warren keeps dodging details on how she is going to pay for her health care plan. She definitely took a few hits last night.

2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

She hasn't dropped out of her run for the Dem nomination.  3rd party or potential VP candidate??

LINK

Gabbard Abruptly Decides To Drop House Reelection Bid, Arousing Suspicion

VP candidate for 2020 Trump... I think he dumps Pence and goes with either Gabbard or Haley

EDIT: That or a very lucrative contract with Fox News. 

Edited by Ronaldoescobar

14 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

VP candidate for 2020 Trump... I think he dumps Pence and goes with either Gabbard or Haley

EDIT: That or a very lucrative contract with Fox News. 

She seems off. She's parroting the Republican talking points about how the meetings are secret and people should know what's going on in them. 

It's an investigation and they are taking depositions, that's not how it works. They are following the exact same guideline as Republicans have in the past. Once all the evidence has been collected and it hits the courts, that's when everyone else gets to know. What kind of sham investigation would be out in the open for everyone to see :picard::lol:

I don't think she's dumb enough to not realise that so she's up to something. 

She knows if she runs as a 3rd party candidate, chances of a Democrat win fall. 

Edited by Duodenum
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

The best thing he can do, for his cause, is run for senate. But apparently being an unsuccessful 1 of 20+ primary candidates is too high of an office to shame.

2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I wonder if in the following weeks we don't see others dropping out.

NPR Link

Former Texas Rep. Beto O'Rourke Ends Presidential Bid

Meanwhile... Mayor Pete in the rise 

Pete Buttigieg third in new Iowa poll behind Biden and Warren

Link

Pete is the smartest candidate, on both sides, by far IMO.

I dream of the day that Trump has to debate this war veteran on a national national stage.

Klobuchar is no slouch either.

They need these strong moderate dems

Edited by Canorth

32 minutes ago, Canorth said:

The best thing he can do, for his cause, is run for senate. But apparently being an unsuccessful 1 of 20+ primary candidates is too high of an office to shame.

He maybe has one more run in an election before his name becomes synonymous with losing.  He needs to choose wisely.  If I were him I would carpet bag an open solid blue Senate seat in 2022.

8 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

He maybe has one more run in an election before his name becomes synonymous with losing.  He needs to choose wisely.  If I were him I would carpet bag an open solid blue Senate seat in 2022.

Meh... the loss against Cruz was mostly considered a moral victory. 

AFAIK... the other senate seat in Texas is but a sure win for the Dems. A quick easy win, to a very high powered office would go further than sitting and waiting for the perfect moment. Although, that strategy didn’t really work out for Ryan... so what do I know 

Edited by Canorth
Spelling

2 hours ago, Canorth said:

Meh... the loss against Cruz was mostly considered a moral victory.

Really.  You watch the NHL and should know how well a moral victory does in the long run.  Bupkis, zilch, zero, nada.  Couple that "moral win" with more losses and you have a habitual loser.  One thing political parties can't abide is a habitual loser.  It wastes time and money.

AFAIK... the other senate seat in Texas is but a sure win for the Dems. A quick easy win, to a very high powered office would go further than sitting and waiting for the perfect moment. Although, that strategy didn’t really work out for Ryan... so what do I know 

John Cornyn has owned the other seat for almost 20 years.  The Democrats aren't going to take it from him.  That's why I said he should be a carpet-bagger.  You should Google the term.  Hillary Clinton was a carpet-bagger who won a Senate seat here in NY.

Beto has already refused to run against Cornyn.  https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/2019/11/02/even-as-he-says-no-some-democrats-still-want-beto-orourke-to-run-for-senate/

15 hours ago, Canorth said:

Pete Buttigieg third in new Iowa poll behind Biden and Warren

Link

Pete is the smartest candidate, on both sides, by far IMO.

I dream of the day that Trump has to debate this war veteran on a national national stage.

Klobuchar is no slouch either.

They need these strong moderate dems

Hearing good things about this guy from Chris Mathews on Hardball.

• Upvote 1

Looking at the Democratic field, it just looks so scattered, heading in  no reasonable direction. The Warren's and Sanders are too far left, and their platforms are too aggressive.

It makes me wonder, who is giving them their direction. Neither ask, why Biden is still getting support. I mean, I don't think he is the strongest candidate, but he is the most moderate, which is where, the Democrats can find most of the swing votes. IMO, that is so simple, I can not fathom, how Warren and Sanders can not see that, and adjust their platforms accordingly.

The reason, it mystifies me so much, is that I have done enough collective bargaining to know that you do not get everything you ask for all at once, nor will you get the support you need if you do. There is always Hawks and Moderates. The Democrats, by their very nature should know that.

It seems to me, that a much more pragmatic approach would be one where, the Dems go after the drug companies, and hospitals to lower their prices substantially, or increase their taxes, and increase the Billionaire tax (as stated), then use the moneys to fund better programs. I think that would be aggressive enough, and do some really positive things for the people of the good ole US of A.

I personally think, that trying to get Universal Health Care, all in one bite, is a way too aggressive, but a stated goal of getting there over time, would be palatable to moderates on the left and right. Most people in the middle are fed up with Trump. but if they are put in a position of picking between the economy and Trump or the Dems far left agenda. Those moderates will pick Trump and hold their nose.

The other thing I am a little uneasy with is the current back stabbing the Democratic candidates are doing to each other in public......no need to make it personal, but Trump has desensitized the world, and I expect better. They are turning this into an ego, issue, instead of a beat Trump issue. To me, they need to show they are the party of reason and solidarity. To me, a year out from the election, I would role out a entire candidate slate...aka whole holds what position, etc. and respond like Nancy does, every time Trump does something stupid, every time he says something stupid. Just say....."he said that? Did he?. Really?. Be the voice of reason and calm, and the people will follow (IMO)

It just doesn't appear the Democrats are getting that...…….It is hard to believe they could loose the election...but they could, out of their own stupidity

• Cheers 1

On 4/25/2019 at 12:13 PM, Whorvat said:

Trump is a legitimate candidate, he is the sitting POTUS..

Not buying into anything, I don't even support Trump but called him getting elected (amongst my friends) in 2014. Sanders and Biden can be as well spoken and articulate as they want to be and that will make no difference in the race against Trump.

The goal of the report was to find collusion, they didn't find any. That is as simple as it gets. They can try to impeach him for obstructing justice or whatever the hell else they think might work, but it'll just play right into Trumps hand.

The sooner you accept it, the better it'll be for you lol. There will be 4 more years of Trump

Sanders out there pointing his finger "FREE...EDUCATION...forall"

I'd bet money on a Trump second term 

Edited by canucklehead44