The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

13 minutes ago, DonLever said:

WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton criticized the campaign of her former Democratic presidential rival Bernie Sanders in a new documentary in which she says he was an ineffective U.S. senator who accomplished little because “nobody liked him.”

Clinton also weighed in on the dispute between Sanders and 2020 Democratic presidential rival Elizabeth Warren centring around the electability of women, saying Sanders demonstrated “a pattern” in how his campaign attacked women rivals.

The criticism, made in a Hulu documentary to be shown at the Sundance Film Festival on Saturday and an interview promoting it, revealed lingering bitterness toward Sanders after he mounted an unexpected Democratic primary challenge to Clinton in 2016. Clinton backers blame Sanders’ supporters for tarnishing her with vitriolic criticism that helped put Republican Donald Trump in the White House.

“He was in Congress for years. He had one senator support him. Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done. He was a career politician. It’s all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it,” Clinton says in the documentary, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

I fail to understand how anyone looks up to that foul creature. She is such a repulsive turd of a human being, literally on par with Dumbpf. She's essentially the Democratic establishment's go to troll who'll willingly and pretentiously attack potential candidates who aren't willing to tow the party line.

The GOP are certainly bound to the servitude of their moronic leader, but it seems as though the DNC are also bound to an equally archaic and useless figurehead. Glad to see strong minded thinkers like Sanders and Gabbard telling Clinton where to go. The DNC would do themselves a favor by ignoring her.

Tulsi is suing her for defamation of character for Clinton's pathetic comments trying to tie her to Russia. Hopefully Gabbard wins and shuts that gargoyle up for good.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I fail to understand how anyone looks up to that foul creature. She is such a repulsive turd of a human being, literally on par with Dumbpf. She's essentially the Democratic establishment's go to troll who'll willingly and pretentiously attack potential candidates who aren't willing to tow the party line.

The GOP are certainly bound to the servitude of their moronic leader, but it seems as though the DNC are also bound to an equally archaic and useless figurehead. Glad to see strong minded thinkers like Sanders and Gabbard telling Clinton where to go. The DNC would do themselves a favor by ignoring her.

Tulsi is suing her for defamation of character for Clinton's pathetic comments trying to tie her to Russia. Hopefully Gabbard wins and shuts that gargoyle up for good.

I don't see what she hoped to gain by that comment. 

I still think we're in for a full 8 of Trump (barring a tragic KFC incident) but Bernie is probably the only one who could beat Trump. Maybe thats why she's pissed at him. She should have picked him for VP instead of sandbagging him. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't see what she hoped to gain by that comment. 

Attention. She's as pathetic as they come.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I still think we're in for a full 8 of Trump (barring a tragic KFC incident) but Bernie is probably the only one who could beat Trump. Maybe thats why she's pissed at him. She should have picked him for VP instead of sandbagging him. 

I'm not in any way convinced. While I'm sure he'll be able to mobilize all the people in his base that can spell and have opposable thumbs, I do think that there will be a huge swath of actual forward thinking Americans who will also show up at the polls.

The DNC is just as vile and corrupt at the GOP, they seem to have a harder time of showing a united front to the public. That being said (outside of Shrillary's braying), there are plenty of smart people in the ranks of the party who may help unite it.

Keep hope alive, Jimmy. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Attention. She's as pathetic as they come.

I'm not in any way convinced. While I'm sure he'll be able to mobilize all the people in his base that can spell and have opposable thumbs, I do think that there will be a huge swath of actual forward thinking Americans who will also show up at the polls.

The DNC is just as vile and corrupt at the GOP, they seem to have a harder time of showing a united front to the public. That being said (outside of Shrillary's braying), there are plenty of smart people in the ranks of the party who may help unite it.

Keep hope alive, Jimmy. 

I think I've lost it for the US Phil, I really do :sadno: just hope Canada can survive the economic fallout when that US debt comes home to roost. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think I've lost it for the US Phil, I really do :sadno: just hope Canada can survive the economic fallout when that US debt comes home to roost. 

Fair enough. It's a strange time out there. I've been to the US a few times recently and see a lot of people who are pretty embarrassed of their turd in chief. They realize that going down that road makes them no better than dictatorships across the globe.

Stockpile supplies. I've got a decent stash these days. Juuuust in case.

• Cheers 1

33 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Fair enough. It's a strange time out there. I've been to the US a few times recently and see a lot of people who are pretty embarrassed of their turd in chief. They realize that going down that road makes them no better than dictatorships across the globe.

Stockpile supplies. I've got a decent stash these days. Juuuust in case.

so by stash, you mean "stash"?

Willie-Nelson-marijuana-strains-Willies-Reserve-cannabis-weed-pot.jpg.ff1537a1128614892a2b01888d130698.jpg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The economic fallout of debt already exists in Canada as 50% of the population flirts with bankruptcy. American debt is not unique in this world as the Euros have been essentially bankrupt for over 10 years. America has been cutting the allowances they have been gifting to many countries for decades. More obvious under Trump but started with George Bush and continued by Obama.

World debt is a confidence game perpetrated by governments by deficit spending and money printing to increase liquidity. It devalues savings and pushes citizens further out onto the risk curve. Canada will not be saved and I would even suggest it will be one of the hardest hit, harder than the Americans.   

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

The economic fallout of debt already exists in Canada as 50% of the population flirts with bankruptcy. American debt is not unique in this world as the Euros have been essentially bankrupt for over 10 years. America has been cutting the allowances they have been gifting to many countries for decades. More obvious under Trump but started with George Bush and continued by Obama.

World debt is a confidence game perpetrated by governments by deficit spending and money printing to increase liquidity. It devalues savings and pushes citizens further out onto the risk curve. Canada will not be saved and I would even suggest it will be one of the hardest hit, harder than the Americans.   

where I think Canada can survive it is through our massive wealth in natural resources, so we have a much higher amount of real assets than many other countries in Europe e.g. There has to be some kind of debt correction coming and likely soon though... 

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

where I think Canada can survive it is through our massive wealth in natural resources, so we have a much higher amount of real assets than many other countries in Europe e.g. There has to be some kind of debt correction coming and likely soon though... 

One would expect the value of hard assets to increase in a debt crisis. The issue might become demand and how much the world would want those assets and the price they would be able to pay. The impending debt crisis will likely be monetized as the only means of paying it off. Highly inflationary. I simply see no way out of this. It will be incredibly destructive and take decades to fix.  

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

One would expect the value of hard assets to increase in a debt crisis. The issue might become demand and how much the world would want those assets and the price they would be able to pay. The impending debt crisis will likely be monetized as the only means of paying it off. Highly inflationary. I simply see no way out of this. It will be incredibly destructive and take decades to fix.  

there will still be a demand for our resources, but they won't be as expensive and we'll all have to work a lot harder to earn. 

I suppose one way out is we just default on our bonds, and thats never a thing we'll ever be able to use again to raise money. But really there's no mechanism for anyone to do anything about it if we or the US just decide, meh, those things aren't wort the paper they're written on. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

there will still be a demand for our resources, but they won't be as expensive and we'll all have to work a lot harder to earn. 

I suppose one way out is we just default on our bonds, and thats never a thing we'll ever be able to use again to raise money. But really there's no mechanism for anyone to do anything about it if we or the US just decide, meh, those things aren't wort the paper they're written on. 

Defaulting on your bonds triggers a lot of trouble. How do you sell anymore? The bond market is 3X bigger than the equity market. Bonds form a huge part of every pension fund in the world. Nope, I don't see an outright default but monetizing the value simply achieves the same thing over more time. As I said it is a confidence game. When the guy on the street losses faith in the "system" they usually quit all spending and liquidity in the market dries up. Progressives love to talk about Hoover not spending during the depression and that caused the dire economics. Partially true but consumer spending drying up was a huge factor. Lack of confidence. 

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Defaulting on your bonds triggers a lot of trouble. How do you sell anymore? The bond market is 3X bigger than the equity market. Bonds form a huge part of every pension fund in the world. Nope, I don't see an outright default but monetizing the value simply achieves the same thing over more time. As I said it is a confidence game. When the guy on the street losses faith in the "system" they usually quit all spending and liquidity in the market dries up. Progressives love to talk about Hoover not spending during the depression and that caused the dire economics. Partially true but consumer spending drying up was a huge factor. Lack of confidence. 

you don't. I'm not suggesting it, but it is something that may happen if things get bad enough. 

I dunno Boud, if I had the answer I'd be running for office. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you don't. I'm not suggesting it, but it is something that may happen if things get bad enough. 

I dunno Boud, if I had the answer I'd be running for office. 

So much of our economics is based on a ongoing expanding market place. Deflation is now our reality. Shrinking populations in advanced economies and automation. Whatever comes out of this debt restructuring will be on the scale of the Industrial Revolution. As much as I still have faith in man's ability to regenerate it will likely be a very ugly process. Consider the implications if every $ of spending was determined by needs of food-clothing-shelter. The loss of jobs will be massive.  

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

So much of our economics is based on a ongoing expanding market place. Deflation is now our reality. Shrinking populations in advanced economies and automation. Whatever comes out of this debt restructuring will be on the scale of the Industrial Revolution. As much as I still have faith in man's ability to regenerate it will likely be a very ugly process. Consider the implications if every $ of spending was determined by needs of food-clothing-shelter. The loss of jobs will be massive.  

maybe there's a hidden blessing to the climate crisis - if we need large new markets in goods, services and construction solutions that may help a lot. Assuming we're not all under water first. 

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

An example why Warren and Bernie's student loan debt forgiveness plans don't jive with the average joe.

Really curious who is going to pull out of the pack and win the nomination... maybe a Joe and Bernie/Liz ticket 

the irony of people asking this.

why?

because they're the same people who claim "we paid for slavery, they've been paid already, why are we still paying" but don't understand why they should not be paid back for student loans they've paid themselves.