The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

3 minutes ago, Hansman said:

my last question on Khadr, why when he testified did he apologize to Tabitha Speer saying "I'm really sorry for the pain I've caused you and your family" Quoted out of an article from the spec.com October 28 2010. 

I'm sorry I don't know how to add the link.

Just curious how many innocent people would say this, help me out with this hippy, just cause you hold the terrorist to such high value doesn't me it's true or sane

See, this is where you lose all credibility.  Making statements that I hold a "terrorist" to such high value demeans any chance you have at pretending to have a credible and civil conversation.  That is akin to me calling you a nazi, racist or bigot for continuing to attack a disproven series of arguments while continuing to call him a terrorist.  

Why he apologized?  Ask him.  

But then also ask the courts why they sided with him.  Ask the courts why he won his case, ask the courts why he was not charged with treason.  Then also ask the witnesses that say he could not have been the person who killed Speer.

Understand, that we have literally done this to death.  Only the ignorant continue to parrot the same disproven statements and ask the exact same questions the courts have already answered numerous times.

Here is one of my favourite statements, also from Thespec.com

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/7416238-omar-khadr-fact-check-paints-a-clearer-picture-of-the-case-and-the-incident-underlying-it/

Details of the firefight: The claim in Khadr's civil suit is narrow: Canadian officials had breached his rights as a citizen. That means details of the firefight and what may or may not have happened in Afghanistan 15 years ago are not at issue.

However, this has been one of the political talking points. "Khadr confessed to murdering Christopher Speer, a medic who rushed to his aid," tweeted Jason Kenney, leader of the Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta.

That is incorrect according to testimony from the American soldiers who were there.

"I just remember being dumbstruck that there was someone being alive in there," a Delta Force soldier told the Toronto Star during an interview for the CBC documentary Guantanamo's Child. "After all that bombing, after all the ordinance we dropped in there, somebody was still alive."

As the soldiers cleared the compound, their weapons were drawn. They did not expect any survivors.

A Pentagon report written after the firefight interviewing the soldier who shot Khadr, identified only as OC-1, raises the possibility that someone else was alive in the compound when the grenade that ultimately killed Speer was thrown. "He heard moaning coming from the back of the compound. The dust rose up from the ground and began to clear. He then saw a man facing him lying on his right side," the report states. "The man had an AK-47 on the ground beside him and the man was moving. OC-1 fired one round striking the man in the head and the movement ceased. Dust was again stirred by this rifle shot. When the dust rose, he saw a second man sitting up facing away from him leaning against the brush. This man, later identified as Khadr, was moving . . . . OC-1 fired two rounds both of which struck Khadr in the back."

Randy Watt, the commander who wrote that report after the action, later revised it to state that only one person was alive when the grenade was thrown. In an interview, he attributed the confusion to the "fog of battle." He changed the report, he said, because he thought Khadr had been killed due to the severity of his injuries.

The report, and testimony from Watt and OC-1, would have been key evidence at Khadr's Guantanamo trial, which was halted when the Pentagon offered him a plea deal.

A condition of the deal was that Khadr confess to killing Speer, which he did during an emotional 2010 hearing at Guantanamo where Speer's widow Tabitha was present. Once released, Khadr did not deny throwing the grenade as his lawyers have insisted.

He said he simply does not know and hopes he didn't.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2017/07/07/opinion/what-if-omar-khadr-isnt-guilty

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/evidence-shows-khadr-couldn-t-have-thrown-grenade-in-firefight-lawyer-1.749998

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/evidence-shows-khadr-couldn-t-have-thrown-grenade-in-firefight-lawyer-1.749998

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/khadr-couldnt-have-thrown-grenade-that-killed-us-soldier-defence-lawyer/article20391135/

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/omar-khadr-describes-firefight-that-killed-u-s-soldier-im-just-going-to-throw-this-grenade

I don't know how many of those from however many sources one would have to post for that to be believable to a person with a serious bias on the issue but whatever.  I have far better things to do with my time than educate people with simple facts when they refuse to read them.

Biden though, no chance Trump beats him

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jack_T said:

I am willing to have discussions with those whose opinions differ so long as it’s an honest debate. There is far too much dishonesty these days. Lying has become acceptable and the truth maliable.

I completely agree. It’s too bad there are far to few people that are actually open to an honest debate. People like hip rather would post and ignore. State their claim then deflect when opinions and facts are presented that objects to what they state. It’s quite sad when someones

whole understanding is purely based on what they’ve read in a newspaper article but that’s unfortunately become our new reality. Technology is beautiful and terrible at the same time. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

It’s quite sad when someones

whole understanding is purely based on what they’ve read in a newspaper article

Please enlighten us as to where you get your understanding of the events surrounding the whole Khadr fiasco.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What can people say anymore to this?...I don't like that the Canadian courts made a decision and I don't like that the PM I hate did something that saved some money, in a fashion that settlements are often done. So I have decided that it is wrong. 

You can rage against the system but you can't claim someone is factually 'wrong' when the courts have made their legal decision. You can only say that you don't agree with that decision/system and that you don't fully believe the story.  

If you point that out, you are unable to debate? you have arrogance? you're all the same? ( wide brush strokes)  

Oh my, I love a full glass....but only at the pub.

Anyway,

I don't think 'Creepy Joe' is a strong enough nickname. I don't think it will turn anyone off. I know we're in for a million memes about it in the next while but it just doesn't have the spice that 'Crooked Hillary' had.

See, people have often joked about the 'Creepy Uncles' in the world, they're kinda familiar with the gross concept, however ...maybe they could still lead a country?...but you can't have anyone 'Crooked' lead a country...

And once someone brings up 'Creepy Joe' wont they then consider what 'Disgusting Don' has done and said? 

This is really what it all boils down to. Get mad at the ruling, not the PM.

As for Biden.. I think his time has come and gone. The recent smear campaign on Creepy Uncle Joe was probably the nail in his coffin; he should have just grabbed 'em by the p****, right Donny?!

It is passed time for a changing of the guard anyway, I think the election President Cheetoh signified that, at the very least.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I completely agree. It’s too bad there are far to few people that are actually open to an honest debate. People like hip rather would post and ignore. State their claim then deflect when opinions and facts are presented that objects to what they state. It’s quite sad when someones

whole understanding is purely based on what they’ve read in a newspaper article but that’s unfortunately become our new reality. Technology is beautiful and terrible at the same time. 

I know.  it is terrible I am literally getting my facts from the people who have testified and the court rulings instead of from peoples opinions on social media.  It is horrible of me to then ignore peoples opinions on it because I choose fact over rhetoric.

I'm a terrible human being and lower than a Flames fan

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

A condition of the deal was that Khadr confess to killing Speer, which he did during an emotional 2010 hearing at Guantanamo where Speer's widow Tabitha was present

6 minutes ago, Hansman said:

dude literally apologized for throwing the grenade that killed a medic from the US military, but he is innocent right? I'm done with this

In order to get out of Guantanamo, a place where he was being illegally held, while his rights were violated by both the US and Canadian governments.

So how much is an apology worth when coerced?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

See, this is where you lose all credibility.  Making statements that I hold a "terrorist" to such high value demeans any chance you have at pretending to have a credible and civil conversation.  That is akin to me calling you a nazi, racist or bigot for continuing to attack a disproven series of arguments while continuing to call him a terrorist.  

Why he apologized?  Ask him.  

But then also ask the courts why they sided with him.  Ask the courts why he won his case, ask the courts why he was not charged with treason.  Then also ask the witnesses that say he could not have been the person who killed Speer.

Understand, that we have literally done this to death.  Only the ignorant continue to parrot the same disproven statements and ask the exact same questions the courts have already answered numerous times.

Here is one of my favourite statements, also from Thespec.com

https://www.thespec.com/news-story/7416238-omar-khadr-fact-check-paints-a-clearer-picture-of-the-case-and-the-incident-underlying-it/

Details of the firefight: The claim in Khadr's civil suit is narrow: Canadian officials had breached his rights as a citizen. That means details of the firefight and what may or may not have happened in Afghanistan 15 years ago are not at issue.

However, this has been one of the political talking points. "Khadr confessed to murdering Christopher Speer, a medic who rushed to his aid," tweeted Jason Kenney, leader of the Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta.

That is incorrect according to testimony from the American soldiers who were there.

"I just remember being dumbstruck that there was someone being alive in there," a Delta Force soldier told the Toronto Star during an interview for the CBC documentary Guantanamo's Child. "After all that bombing, after all the ordinance we dropped in there, somebody was still alive."

As the soldiers cleared the compound, their weapons were drawn. They did not expect any survivors.

A Pentagon report written after the firefight interviewing the soldier who shot Khadr, identified only as OC-1, raises the possibility that someone else was alive in the compound when the grenade that ultimately killed Speer was thrown. "He heard moaning coming from the back of the compound. The dust rose up from the ground and began to clear. He then saw a man facing him lying on his right side," the report states. "The man had an AK-47 on the ground beside him and the man was moving. OC-1 fired one round striking the man in the head and the movement ceased. Dust was again stirred by this rifle shot. When the dust rose, he saw a second man sitting up facing away from him leaning against the brush. This man, later identified as Khadr, was moving . . . . OC-1 fired two rounds both of which struck Khadr in the back."

Randy Watt, the commander who wrote that report after the action, later revised it to state that only one person was alive when the grenade was thrown. In an interview, he attributed the confusion to the "fog of battle." He changed the report, he said, because he thought Khadr had been killed due to the severity of his injuries.

The report, and testimony from Watt and OC-1, would have been key evidence at Khadr's Guantanamo trial, which was halted when the Pentagon offered him a plea deal.

A condition of the deal was that Khadr confess to killing Speer, which he did during an emotional 2010 hearing at Guantanamo where Speer's widow Tabitha was present. Once released, Khadr did not deny throwing the grenade as his lawyers have insisted.

He said he simply does not know and hopes he didn't.

https://www.nationalobserver.com/2017/07/07/opinion/what-if-omar-khadr-isnt-guilty

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/khadr-couldnt-have-thrown-grenade-that-killed-us-soldier-defence-lawyer/article20391135/

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/omar-khadr-describes-firefight-that-killed-u-s-soldier-im-just-going-to-throw-this-grenade

I don't know how many of those from however many sources one would have to post for that to be believable to a person with a serious bias on the issue but whatever.  I have far better things to do with my time than educate people with simple facts when they refuse to read them.

Biden though, no chance Trump beats him

So I would definitely cherry pick quotes from an article, when there is a man that claims to have thrown the grenade that killed Christopher Speer, Ive been in a war zone....Yourself? or do rely on CBC to tell you all about it

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

In order to get out of Guantanamo, a place where he was being illegally held, while his rights were violated by both the US and Canadian governments.

So how much is an apology worth when coerced?

Well I guess that could be the case... however I would never admit to killing someone I did not kill for any reason, but it is what it is. 

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

So you send me a pm, then post this as your answer.

Thought you were a dude with intestinal fortitude, looks like I was mistaken.

No offense but it was a stupid question so I gave a stupid response. Then I was kind enough to message you a legitimate response believing you were actually interested and not just attempting to fluff your feather in front of others..... looks like I was the one who was mistaken. 

Carry on then 

25 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

No offense but it was a stupid question so I gave a stupid response. Then I was kind enough to message you a legitimate response believing you were actually interested and not just attempting to fluff your feather in front of others..... looks like I was the one who was mistaken. 

Carry on then 

You comment on another poster for believing newspapers and court findings, then when asked where you got your info from, you hid in a private message.

Not very courageous.

you are mistaken a lot aren't you?

Edited by gurn

45 minutes ago, Hansman said:

Well I guess that could be the case... however I would never admit to killing someone I did not kill for any reason, but it is what it is. 

so you spend the rest of your life, held illegally in a foreign country. Never seeing your family again. Never going to a swimming pool or pub again.

I'm sceptical of your claim.

13 minutes ago, gurn said:

You comment on another poster for believing newspapers and court findings, then when asked where you got your info from, you hid in a private message.

Not very courageous.

you are mistaken a lot aren't you?

this is an Internet forum. I owe no one more about my personal life than I choose to allow (if you can’t tell hippy is already obsessed with me), 

like i said I thought you might actually be genuine in your interest so I gave you the insight out of a bit of respect as I could never really tell with you as you rarely bring anything to the table, just sit on the outside, throwing the odd comment here and there. I read that as curiosity, openness and actual interest but I obviously read that wrong. 

So again, carry on I won’t bother you. 

I hear Scientology has a secret source of all knowing...

But you have  to achieve a certain level and you can't tell anyone, and I mean anyone about the Alien master living inside a hollowed out mountain.....errr,  I mean... whoops.

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

this is an Internet forum. I owe no one more about my personal life than I choose to allow (if you can’t tell hippy is already obsessed with me), 

like i said I thought you might actually be genuine in your interest so I gave you the insight out of a bit of respect as I could never really tell with you as you rarely bring anything to the table, just sit on the outside, throwing the odd comment here and there. I read that as curiosity, openness and actual interest but I obviously read that wrong. 

So again, carry on I won’t bother you. 

Yes I was curious to see where you get/got your info if not from the news or court findings. I find, given your pm, the newspapers and court ruling to be way more credible than your "alleged source".

4 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yes I was curious to see where you get/got your info if not from the news or court findings. I find, given your pm, the newspapers and court ruling to be way more credible than your "alleged source".

Haha ok then. I won’t get in your way from enjoying the little circle jerk you so badly want to be apart of.