DonLever

Democratic Nominee for the POTUS - Bloomberg To Join Las Vegas Debate Wednesday

Recommended Posts

On 1/22/2020 at 2:01 PM, DonLever said:

WASHINGTON — Hillary Clinton criticized the campaign of her former Democratic presidential rival Bernie Sanders in a new documentary in which she says he was an ineffective U.S. senator who accomplished little because “nobody liked him.”

Clinton also weighed in on the dispute between Sanders and 2020 Democratic presidential rival Elizabeth Warren centring around the electability of women, saying Sanders demonstrated “a pattern” in how his campaign attacked women rivals.

The criticism, made in a Hulu documentary to be shown at the Sundance Film Festival on Saturday and an interview promoting it, revealed lingering bitterness toward Sanders after he mounted an unexpected Democratic primary challenge to Clinton in 2016. Clinton backers blame Sanders’ supporters for tarnishing her with vitriolic criticism that helped put Republican Donald Trump in the White House.

“He was in Congress for years. He had one senator support him. Nobody likes him, nobody wants to work with him, he got nothing done. He was a career politician. It’s all just baloney and I feel so bad that people got sucked into it,” Clinton says in the documentary, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

 

Amazingly, from his record.  he's been on the right or correct side of history more often than not.  His initiatives, his ideas and his campaigns have all been rooted in common sense and what the people truly want.  Going back to civil rights cases and even the Iraqi invasion.

 

Not sure Clinton should be whinging about people not liking him.  A presidents job is to lead, not be popular.  The US already had two leaders who ran on popularity.  One was popular, the other thinks he is popular.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernie just can't catch a break.. per the BBC..  apparently Joe Rogan is a "transphobic misogynist" now according to the social media parrots 

 

I think his tweet below was brilliant in capturing a new voter demographic for him 

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51241462 

 

Bernie Sanders faces ire over Joe Rogan 'endorsement'

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DES MOINES — Senator Bernie Sanders has opened up a lead in Iowa just over a week before the Democratic caucuses, consolidating support from liberals and benefiting from divisions among more moderate presidential candidates who are clustered behind him, according to a New York Times/Siena College poll of likely caucusgoers.

Mr. Sanders has gained six points since the last Times-Siena survey, in late October, and is now capturing 25 percent of the vote in Iowa. Pete Buttigieg, the former mayor of South Bend, Ind., and former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. have remained stagnant since the fall, with Mr. Buttigieg capturing 18 percent and Mr. Biden 17 percent.

The rise of Mr. Sanders has come at the expense of his fellow progressive, Senator Elizabeth Warren: she dropped from 22 percent in the October poll, enough to lead the field, to 15 percent in this survey. Senator Amy Klobuchar, who is garnering 8 percent, is the only other candidate approaching double digits.

 
 

The changing fortunes of the leading candidates underscores the volatile nature of the primary after more than a year of campaigning, as voters wrestle with which candidate can defeat President Trump. Despite the ascent of Mr. Sanders, a self-described democratic socialist, the poll also highlighted the combined appeal of the centrists: 55 percent of those surveyed said they preferred a standard-bearer who is “more moderate than most Democrats.” Just 38 percent said they wanted one who is “more liberal than most Democrats.”

 

As the strength of the other leading candidates has ebbed and flowed, Mr. Sanders, making his second run for the White House, appears to be peaking at the right time. This month was the first time he has finished atop a poll in Iowa, after also leading a Des Moines Register-CNN survey two weeks ago. The Times-Siena poll’s margin of error was plus or minus 4.8 percentage points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 3:25 PM, Chicken. said:

Bernie just can't catch a break.. per the BBC..  apparently Joe Rogan is a "transphobic misogynist" now according to the social media parrots 

 

I think his tweet below was brilliant in capturing a new voter demographic for him 

 

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51241462 

 

Bernie Sanders faces ire over Joe Rogan 'endorsement'

 

 

there are serious problems in the world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 2:25 PM, Chicken. said:

per the BBC..  apparently Joe Rogan is a "transphobic misogynist"

I like Joe and all but I read a tweet or something the other day

Anyway, Joe was using all the catch phrases, something like...'soft lefty' 'sand in your woohoo'

Joe is smarter than that. I remember seeing 'Talking Monkeys in Space' where he goes on about dude's trying to act Alpha, he was bang on about it. He also acts just like it.

 

Then again, I do like his term 'Question Mark kick' for when you fake a low front kick and switch to a roundhouse to the dome. So he's not all badB)

 

Edit: Oh,the tweet I was referring to was from 2015. Joe probably doesn't use that lingo anymore, dunno. I listen to his mma commentary, not his podcasts

Edited by bishopshodan
:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bernard vs. Donald would be epic grab your popcorn type of campaign battle.

Two old guys yelling and insulting each other every which way.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Bernard vs. Donald would be epic grab your popcorn type of campaign battle.

Two old guys yelling and insulting each other every which way.

 

 

One guy who walked the walk and talked the talk for decades and the other is a liar, cheater, fraudster who has told 16000 lies/misleading statements so far.  

T4uS1Bc.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2020 at 8:45 PM, thedestroyerofworlds said:

One guy who walked the walk and talked the talk for decades and the other is a liar, cheater, fraudster who has told 16000 lies/misleading statements so far.  

T4uS1Bc.jpg

Bernie would be an interesting experiment for the US for sure and at least a lot less corrupt than Clinton or Biden but his challenge with the truth isn't all that stellar either....a very few examples:

 

"42 percent of (Walmart’s) associates are black."

— PolitiFact National on Friday, July 12th, 2019

 

Nope Bernie, perhaps should have looked at their annual report but exaggerating by 100% is better than your opponent and finger size we guess.

 

BERNIE SANDERS

"When Trump won, we had the lowest voter turnout in 20 years."

— PolitiFact National on Tuesday, April 18th, 2017

 

That is correct if you ignore 2012, 2000 and 1996 - all three lower than 2016 but why let facts get in way of a good story!

 

"When you're white ... you don't know what it's like to be poor."

— PolitiFact National on Monday, March 7th, 2016

 

If you ignore the 20 million "white" Americans living in poverty then this divisive comment works.   Nothing like playing race card and then calling others racist.   Works every time!

 

 

"We spend twice as much per capita on health care as any other nation on Earth."

— PolitiFact National on Thursday, August 20th, 2019

 

As long as Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Austria, etc. etc. are no longer considered as nations on Earth - then we're all good here.

 

 

Good luck Bernie.   It would be interesting to see the experiment.   Wall Street alone would be a hopping place!  Hope no one is hoping for a retirement based upon mutual funds......

 

 

 
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Bernie would be an interesting experiment for the US for sure and at least a lot less corrupt than Clinton or Biden but his challenge with the truth isn't all that stellar either....a very few examples:

 

"42 percent of (Walmart’s) associates are black."

— PolitiFact National on Friday, July 12th, 2019

 

Nope Bernie, perhaps should have looked at their annual report but exaggerating by 100% is better than your opponent and finger size we guess.

 

BERNIE SANDERS

"When Trump won, we had the lowest voter turnout in 20 years."

— PolitiFact National on Tuesday, April 18th, 2017

 

That is correct if you ignore 2012, 2000 and 1996 - all three lower than 2016 but why let facts get in way of a good story!

 

"When you're white ... you don't know what it's like to be poor."

— PolitiFact National on Monday, March 7th, 2016

 

If you ignore the 20 million "white" Americans living in poverty then this divisive comment works.   Nothing like playing race card and then calling others racist.   Works every time!

 

 

"We spend twice as much per capita on health care as any other nation on Earth."

— PolitiFact National on Thursday, August 20th, 2019

 

As long as Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Austria, etc. etc. are no longer considered as nations on Earth - then we're all good here.

 

 

Good luck Bernie.   It would be interesting to see the experiment.   Wall Street alone would be a hopping place!  Hope no one is hoping for a retirement based upon mutual funds......

 

 

 

Wake me when you find the thousandth lie/misleading statement.   TRUMP will still have told way way way way way way way way more.  Hell, in one rally speech, TRUMP told more than the handful you pulled up on Bernie.  And those lies that TRUMP told were far worse than those Bernie whoppers you posted to make Bernie look bad.

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Wake me when you find the thousandth lie/misleading statement.   TRUMP will still have told way way way way way way way way more.  Hell, in one rally speech, TRUMP told more than the handful you pulled up on Bernie.  And those lies that TRUMP told were far worse than those Bernie whoppers you posted to make Bernie look bad.

You don't get it at all.   You are helping Trump just they way he wants you too.   Arguing degrees of "truthiness" is a losing battle that plays into the hands of the Orange dude.

 

Democrats have to stop trying to be socialist and stop lying with the excuse you feel is fine "well Trump lies more".   An honest, non-socialist and stable nominee is so desperately needed in the US right now.   If you think that is Bernie - wow, just wow.   Carry on  with the "we lie, but we lie less" as your moral high ground.    

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 2:53 PM, Warhippy said:

the irony of people asking this.

 

why?

 

because they're the same people who claim "we paid for slavery, they've been paid already, why are we still paying" but don't understand why they should not be paid back for student loans they've paid themselves.

Why is ironic WH?   One family saves and works extra jobs and sacrifices niceties and another splurges on toys/vacations etc. and under this plan the SECOND family is the one that is rewarded and you call that ironic??    

 

Nothing like a system that rewards the opposite of hard work and resourcefulness.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'm not going to vote for Bernie because of something Joe Rogan said."

#logic

And stupid $&!# like this is why Dotard will win another term, probably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Why is ironic WH?   One family saves and works extra jobs and sacrifices niceties and another splurges on toys/vacations etc. and under this plan the SECOND family is the one that is rewarded and you call that ironic??    

 

Nothing like a system that rewards the opposite of hard work and resourcefulness.   

isn't that kind of like saying that people don't deserve Polio vaccines because others are out there living in iron lungs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2020 at 10:45 PM, thedestroyerofworlds said:

One guy who walked the walk and talked the talk for decades and the other is a liar, cheater, fraudster who has told 16000 lies/misleading statements so far.  

T4uS1Bc.jpg

 He sure did lot of talking back in the day.

“She fantasizes being raped by 3 men”: Bernie Sanders’s bizarre 1972 essay on gender

https://www.vox.com/2015/5/28/8682503/bernie-sanders-rape-fantasy

 

JULY 6, 2015

“You Might Very Well Be the Cause of Cancer”: Read Bernie Sanders’ 1970s-Era Essays

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2015/07/bernie-sanders-vermont-freeman-sexual-freedom-fluoride/

 

 

Edited by CBH1926

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

48 year old dirt, bit stale isn't it?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/28/2020 at 1:44 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Bernie would be an interesting experiment for the US for sure and at least a lot less corrupt than Clinton or Biden but his challenge with the truth isn't all that stellar either....a very few examples:

 

"42 percent of (Walmart’s) associates are black."

— PolitiFact National on Friday, July 12th, 2019

 

Nope Bernie, perhaps should have looked at their annual report but exaggerating by 100% is better than your opponent and finger size we guess.

 

BERNIE SANDERS

"When Trump won, we had the lowest voter turnout in 20 years."

— PolitiFact National on Tuesday, April 18th, 2017

 

That is correct if you ignore 2012, 2000 and 1996 - all three lower than 2016 but why let facts get in way of a good story!

 

"When you're white ... you don't know what it's like to be poor."

— PolitiFact National on Monday, March 7th, 2016

 

If you ignore the 20 million "white" Americans living in poverty then this divisive comment works.   Nothing like playing race card and then calling others racist.   Works every time!

 

 

"We spend twice as much per capita on health care as any other nation on Earth."

— PolitiFact National on Thursday, August 20th, 2019

 

As long as Canada, Switzerland, Norway, Austria, etc. etc. are no longer considered as nations on Earth - then we're all good here.

 

 

Good luck Bernie.   It would be interesting to see the experiment.   Wall Street alone would be a hopping place!  Hope no one is hoping for a retirement based upon mutual funds......

 

 

 

PolitiFact? I thought you had issues with them...

 

 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 12:41 PM, Shift-4 said:

all I ever get out of this topic whenever I wander in is

 

4 more years

 

fuck my life fml GIF

Nah.  Repeal the 22nd Amendment.  or “Dick for life”.:P

 

That is, until the Dems keep on winning....then the GOP will re-ratify term limits on the Prez.  If we can’t beat you according to the rules, we’ll change the rules.  Voter supression/gerrymandering sometimes isn’t enough for the GOP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

PolitiFact? I thought you had issues with them...

Only when he doesn't like what they tell him...:rolleyes:

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dredging up 50 year old statements to discredit a person who has been on the right side of history and the vote, while ignoring the 50 years of statements made by the current administration and their current agenda raises questions.

 

Even the DNC is dredging those up to discredit Sanders again.

 

While the GOP machine amusingly brings up Sanders' trip to Russia in the 80s but ignores the fact their leader is a Russian asset.

 

Cognitive dissonance based on political bias is a wonderous thing

Edited by Warhippy
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.