The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

7 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

It’s a last air bender joke.

Its obvious that Biden is implying that he’s going to use science to help slow the effects of climate change.  No one can band the elements (as far as I know :ph34r:)

I just thought it odd that you find that sort of disinformation funny. :unsure:

You do know what PJ Media is all about, don't you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PJ_Media

False claims

In August 2018, PJ Media published an article by then supervising editor Paula Bolyard[18] claiming that Google was manipulating its algorithm to prioritize left-leaning news outlets in their coverage of President Trump.[19] Bolyard acknowledged that her study was "not scientific," though she did conclude that "the results suggest a pattern of bias against right-leaning content." Fact checkers at PolitiFact rated this claim false[20]

In January 2019, PJ Media published a column by their senior editor Tyler O'Neil[21], in which he insinuated in his article that a Muslim community patrol in New York City might be enforcing Sharia Law and might be linked to the NYPD.[22] This group, the Muslim Community Patrol Service (MCPS)[23] was a certified volunteer Neighborhood watch in Brooklyn, a NYC CERT[24] along with other community patrols such as the Brooklyn Asian Safety Patrol[25] and the Guardian Angels. PJ Media offered nothing that demonstrated the MCPS could, or planned to, “enforce Sharia law,” beyond engaging in the speculative hypothetical that the MCPS might somehow “apply … Sharia in its community monitoring.” Fact-checkers at Snopes rated this claim false.[26]

In February 2019, PJ Media published a column by one of their writers John Hawkins,[27] also creator of Rightwingnews, in which he stated in an article titled "The Six Most Bizarre Proposals from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's Green New Deal"[28] making five out of six claims such as "getting rid of airplanes" or "getting rid of cows", aim to "get rid of gas-powered cars in a decade", call for eliminating carbon emissions in ten years "without the use of nuclear power", or "promise 'economic security' for those 'unwilling to work'". Fact checkers at NewsGuard rated these five claims false[29] which can be further verified by the official government resolution H.Res.109 Green New Deal[30] proposed by Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

In January 2020, PJ Media published a column by one of their writers,[31]Robert B. Spencer, also founder and director of the anti-Muslim conspiracy blog Jihad Watch, in which he stated that congresswoman Ilhan Omar had given Iran military advice by suggesting it could target Trump hotels, and thus committed treason.[32] Fact-checkers at Snopes rated this claim false.[33]

In February 2020, PJ Media published a column by one of their writers [34] Victoria Taft also a conservative talk show host,[35] in which she stated that President Barack Obama waited until millions were infected and 1000 dead in the U.S. before he declared the Pandemic H1N1/09 virus an emergency.[36] Fact-checkers at Snopes rated this claim false.[37]

According to NewsGuardtech[38], articles on PJMedia.com have frequently included distorted or misleading claims[39], including about the COVID-19 pandemic. For example, a now deleted July 2020 article written by Matt Margolis[40] headlined “COVID-19 May Soon Lose Status as an 'Epidemic' Under CDC Guidelines,” promoted a misleading claim originally published by JustTheNews.com. Many other websites reported this story by PJ Media[41][42]. After the fact, PJ Media never issued a correction to their original story, but only an update with changes and a new headline[43] "COVID-19 Will Not Soon Lose Status as an 'Epidemic' Under the CDC"

In August, 2020, PJ Media published an article by their Chicago editor Rick Moran[44] claiming Democrats were urging presidential candidate Joe Biden not to debate with President Trump because they were concerned with the former vice presidents mental stamina[45]. The source for this claim cited on the PJ Media article was from Newsweek, but the Newsweek article states that the former vice president was advised not to debate Trump citing "publicity stunts and disregard for the rules in 2016" as well as cancelling debates over concerns of the COVID-19 pandemic[46]. Furthermore, the Newsweek article cited by PJ Media makes no mention about any mental stamina. According to CNN, Biden spokesman TJ Ducklo stated that presidential candidate Biden has already agreed to three debates with President Trump in Fall 2020[47].

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I just thought it odd that you find that sort of disinformation funny. :unsure:

You do know what PJ Media is all about, don't you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PJ_Media

I didn’t realize what PJ was.  I just saw a funny (at least funny to me) meme on Reddit and decided to share to spread a laugh or a chuckle.

15 minutes ago, BoKnows said:

I didn’t realize what PJ was.  I just saw a funny (at least funny to me) meme on Reddit and decided to share to spread a laugh or a chuckle.

I guess we have a different idea of what's funny....:unsure:

To me, it's an outright lie, from an alt-right source that traffics in them....

Just popping in with another “video software edited” clips of Biden “stuttering”

my gosh his brain must be mush by now. Slurs words left right and centre, can’t hang in any form of dialogue without some sort of secondary help directing him what to do. 

Still can’t believe this is the candidate democrats chose to go with. Unreal

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, EP40. said:

Just popping in with another “video software edited” clips of Biden “stuttering”

my gosh his brain must be mush by now. Slurs words left right and centre, can’t hang in any form of dialogue without some sort of secondary help directing him what to do. 

Covfefe

5 hours ago, EP40. said:

It's cause there is no way the democrats would allow Bernie Sanders to be president. They were cocky last election and even cockier now and really I think they would get away with it if they chose not to debate Trump but omg 3 debates? I have no idea how Biden will survive those I think if he has a remotely good first debate that should be it. I think they honestly lose the election on the debates.

• Cheers 1

Just now, peaches5 said:

It's cause there is no way the democrats would allow Bernie Sanders to be president. They were cocky last election and even cockier now and really I think they would get away with it if they chose not to debate Trump but omg 3 debates? I have no idea how Biden will survive those I think if he has a remotely good first debate that should be it. I think they honestly lose the election on the debates.

Yep. Wikileaks exposed the DNC’s internal corrupt process last election when they overrode Hillary despite her not being the most popular candidate. Same thing appears to have happened again. Don’t understand why poor Bernie just accepts it and doesn’t do anything/voice out against it.

And yea I’d be very surprised if Biden goes through with the debates. Expecting him to find an excuse out of them as it won’t be pretty for him at all...

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Pretty sure the votes were pretty clear this go around (I don't know about when it was Sanders vs Clinton). 

Young people prefer Sanders but they don't show up to vote. Biden clearly won the nomination. 

• Upvote 1

If Hillary can get more votes than Don I bet Biden can too. It's a battle for the EC and them swing states.

Biden would not have been my pick, I don't see him as the best choice for the Dems. That said, I don't think some people realise how much the 'anyone but Trump' vibe is out there. They will be voting against Don, not necessarily for Joe. 

Edited by bishopshodan

1 hour ago, bishopshodan said:

If Hillary can get more votes than Don I bet Biden can too. It's a battle for the EC and them swing states.

Biden would not have been my pick, I don't see him as the best choice for the Dems. That said, I don't think some people realise how much the 'anyone but Trump' vibe is out there. They will be voting against Don, not necessarily for Joe. 

Basically this.

You have a highly stupid but dangerous wannabe dictator in power. All the videos of Biden stumbling over words or saying something dumb isn't going to change a thing. This is as much if not more an 'anyone but Trump' movement. After 4 years of failure, I'd vote for a chipmunk before voting for that doofus.

Add to that the do nothing Republican Senate that needs the boot as well. Only legislation they can come up with is transferring more money to the rich and trying to take away your rights. 

Edited by Duodenum
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Duodenum said:

Basically this.

You have a highly stupid but dangerous wannabe dictator in power. All the videos of Biden stumbling over words or saying something dumb isn't going to change a thing. This is as much if not more an 'anyone but 'Trump' movement. After 4 years of failure, I'd vote for a chipmunk before voting for that doofus.

Add to that the do nothing Republican Senate that needs the boot as well. Only legislation they can come up with is transferring more money to the rich and trying to take away your rights. 

They're also pretty good at stealing SCOTUS seats....

....9 seat SCOTUS in 2021, FTW....

4 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

For the thinking crowd the Dems should have gone after Bill Gates. Failing that, and to counter Trump's economic cred, they should have gone after Mark Cuban. Half the American voters will likely vote for Trump. They are not all rednecks, nazis and whatever else the label. Gates and Cuban are both superior candidates than Biden and could have given Trump more than he could handle. 

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

They're also pretty good at stealing SCOTUS seats....

....9 seat SCOTUS in 2021, FTW....

It will be a sweet comeupance if the Repugnants force through a judge now only to lose all 3 branches. Then they lose the filibuster and now face a Dem stacked SCOTUS for decades as a result of their own hypocrisy. 

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

For the thinking crowd the Dems should have gone after Bill Gates. Failing that, and to counter Trump's economic cred, they should have gone after Mark Cuban. Half the American voters will likely vote for Trump. They are not all rednecks, nazis and whatever else the label. Gates and Cuban are both superior candidates than Biden and could have given Trump more than he could handle. 

My thought is that the Dems feel that they will get all the votes that Hillary got, as those people are never Trumpers.

They likely are hoping that Biden will add some of the folks on the fence, or regret their previous vote, those that feel more comfortable with an old white male in office. Having Harris as a running mate seems like a good move too. Obviously a push to get the black and women votes.

Hmmmm.....this story doesn't look good for a certain poster who's a fan of video tweets......

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspolitics/fact-check-trump-campaign-posts-another-dishonestly-snipped-biden-quote-to-make-him-sound-confused/ar-BB19k3y1?li=AAggFp5

There is a pattern: President Donald Trump's campaign and its allies keep dishonestly snipping, editing or describing video clips of former Vice President Joe Biden to try to make the Democratic presidential nominee seem confused or senile.

They did it again early this week.

On Tuesday morning, the Trump campaign posted an eight-second video on Facebook that it titled "Joe Biden completely botches the Pledge of Allegiance." It was the same clip that was tweeted on Monday, with the same caption, by Republican National Committee rapid response director Steve Guest; Guest's tweet generated more than 13,500 retweets, at least 1.5 million video views and numerous comments questioning Biden's mental acuity.

The clip shows Biden saying this: "I pledge allegiance to the United States of America. One nation, indivisible, under God. For real."

If that was indeed Biden's attempt to recite the entire 31-word Pledge of Allegiance, it would indeed be wrong. But it wasn't.

Facts First: Biden was not trying to recite the entire Pledge of Allegiance when he said these words. He was referring, more than 22 minutes into a campaign speech, to particular phrases in the pledge -- to make a point about how he would not divide the country between "red states" and "blue states" as Trump does.

Biden made the remark in a campaign speech Monday in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, in which he castigated Trump's handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

At this particular moment, Biden was criticizing Trump's comments about how the US's coronavirus death statistics would supposedly look good if you didn't count the deaths in "blue states."

Biden correctly pointed out that even counting only the deaths in states Trump won in 2016 would give the US the second-highest total in the world, behind Brazil. Biden then argued that Trump has a "deeply flawed and divisive view of the United States, this nation and the job he holds."

"Think about what he's saying," Biden said. "He's saying if you live in a state like Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, states with Democratic governors, you're not his problem. He has no obligation to you. He's not responsible for you as President, your family or your well-being. I don't see the presidency that way. I don't pledge allegiance to red states of America or blue states of America. I pledge allegiance to the United States of America. One nation, indivisible, under God. For real. I'm running as a proud Democrat, but I'm not going to govern as a Democratic president: I'm going to govern as president."

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1