The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Guy was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

He also spent most of his life showing how rich he is and how many famous people he knows.

But in 2016, he somehow started caring for Appalachia folks!

Question: did he care for the folks or their votes?

31 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Yes.  If Biden is guilty of wrong doing, then justice needs to be served.   Many never TRUMPers agree with that sentiment.   However, we are just pointing out that the same microscope uncovering "dirt" on Biden be pointed in TRUMP'S direction as well.  And as we have demonstrated, it's not hard to find "dirt" there as well. Some of it even more scummy that the "crimes" that Biden is accused of.  Hell, even the accusations that Shillary is alleged to have committed were or are currently being done by TRUMP and co.   People in glass houses for sure.

Okay.   But if it comes to a point where voters are saying "Yes, my candidate is corrupt but is less corrupt than your candidate", then it's time for those voters to take a step back and consider the system that has presented them with such a choice.

Having said that, it's important to note that nobody in either candidate's family has been formally charged with a crime much less found guilty.  

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

Okay.   But if it comes to a point where voters are saying "Yes, my candidate is corrupt but is less corrupt than your candidate", then it's time for those voters to take a step back and consider the system that has presented them with such a choice.

Having said that, it's important to note that nobody in either candidate's family has been formally charged with a crime much less found guilty.  

Here's the way I see it:

All this dirt really is is a means to distract voters from the actual question of "who should I vote for?" Now, this might sound like dirt's important in all of this as clearly you'd hope who your voting for's going to have a spotless history, but clearly this isn't going to be the case at the moment. However, I think what voters should really look at is what kind of job the current president has done and what they want moving forward. Unfortunately, the dirt at the moment is a distraction from this. Trump wants you (and everyone) to focus on the dirt as a means to NOT focus on what he's done the last few years. ;)

34 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Guy was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

He also spent most of his life showing how rich he is and how many famous people he knows.

But in 2016, he somehow started caring for Appalachia folks!

The biggest grift ever delivered to Americans and even Canadians

Is when their elected leaders convinced them that taxing more on people making 10x what the average citizen was making was somehow bad for them.  As in, a guy making $25,000 was upset and concerned that someone making $250k a year or more was going to have to pay just a little bit more.  Factor in their belief that somehow an elected official was going to bring back industry after they'd spent their entire lives ensuring that industry was already outsourced for pennies on the dollar and....

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Is when their elected leaders convinced them that taxing more on people making 10x what the average citizen was making was somehow bad for them.  As in, a guy making $25,000 was upset and concerned that someone making $250k a year or more was going to have to pay just a little bit more.  Factor in their belief that somehow an elected official was going to bring back industry after they'd spent their entire lives ensuring that industry was already outsourced for pennies on the dollar and....

but the freedoms, think of the freedoms. 

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

I give you credit because for the last 4 years you have been talking about Trump posing a danger not only to the U.S but Canada and the world.
While some find dumpster fire amusing to watch, that is until it burns their asses in Canada.

That's because I realize that Climate Change is real and it is exacerbated by human activity.....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

That's fair, but it's also fair to point out that to this point at least, the Republicans are trying to expose Joe Biden's so-called corruption, by pointing out the actions of his son...

It would be like criticizing Trump for killing elephants and giraffes. I've actually read articles (from sources that I trust) stating that Trump absolutely hates the fact that Don Jr. is a trophy hunter an has been overheard yelling and swearing at him about it.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

That's fair, but it's also fair to point out that to this point at least, the Republicans are trying to expose Joe Biden's so-called corruption, by pointing out the actions of his son...

It would be like criticizing Trump for killing elephants and giraffes. I've actually read articles (from sources that I trust) stating that Trump absolutely hates the fact that Don Jr. is a trophy hunter an has been overheard yelling and swearing at him about it.

Link?

Almost unbelievable he'd care about trophy hunting but if he does, good on him.

Edited by Duodenum

1 minute ago, Duodenum said:

Link?

I wish I could remember where I read that. I think it might have been Bob Woodward in one of his interviews.

For sure, his administration has done nothing to curtail big game hunting, quite the opposite, but if the account I read is correct, Dotard didn't like his son doing it. (although that might have been because of how it reflected on him personally, rather than out of concern for the animals)

All I remember for sure, is that it was someone who I absolutely believe.

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I wish I could remember where I read that. I think it might have been Bob Woodward in one of his interviews.

For sure, his administration has done nothing to curtail big game hunting, quite the opposite, but if the account I read is correct, Dotard didn't like his son doing it. (although that might have been because of how it reflected on him personally, rather than out of concern for the animals)

All I remember for sure, is that it was someone who I absolutely believe.

This actually was a statement repeated.

The issue is not so much that he cared about the animals, but it was public backlash against trophy hunting that skirted basic laws.  These were things he could not protect his kids or his brand against and he wanted them stopped

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

In November we get to vote in Illinois if tax rate should be based on income and gradually increased if you make more.

Opponents have been running ads where it shows an older retired woman saying that this will increase taxes on all including retirees. In reality it will affect those making over 250k per year.
Last year Ken Griffin who owns Citadel has made around 1.5b in income and he paid same tax % as rest of us did.  

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

In November we get to vote in Illinois if tax rate should be based on income and gradually increased if you make more.

Opponents have been running ads where it shows an older retired woman saying that this will increase taxes on all including retirees. In reality it will affect those making over 250k per year.
Last year Ken Griffin who owns Citadel has made around 1.5b in income and he paid same tax % as rest of us did.  

And THAT is what is wrong with people.

The most prosperous period in the history of the US was the 30s through mid 70s when the tax rate was upwards up the upper 70% and the wealthy and corporate entities were taxed based on their incomes not as a flat rate 

It's unreal how gullible people are.  Jim bob in his trailer in Idaho is literally threatening to murder elected officials if they dare tax Jeff Bezos another dime is the mantra of the idiocy

4 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Link?

I don't have a link but I can remember reading comments from him, He is not a big fan of trophy hunting. Though considering his administration changed a rule allowing the importation of endangered animal carcasses. I get the feeling he isn't really opposed to shooting elderly caged animals. It's more he's too big a wimp do do it himself.

11 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

I don't have a link but I can remember reading comments from him, He is not a big fan of trophy hunting. Though considering his administration changed a rule allowing the importation of endangered animal carcasses. I get the feeling he isn't really opposed to shooting elderly caged animals. It's more he's too big a wimp do do it himself.

Bone Spurs allowed himself to be talked into that by his former Secretary of the Interior, Ryan Zinke.

People will probably remember Zinke for his repeated claims of being a Geologist, even though he never actually worked as one. This, apparently, to add an air of authenticity to his denials of anthropogenic Climate Change.

People might also remember that he was forced to resign because of conflict of interest and ethics violations.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, EP40. said:

Mail in voting in a nutshell (even though it should be common knowledge by now):

Just so we're clear

If there was even a remote grain of truth to this.  Trump and his mouthpiece would have been screeching long, hard and endlessly about it.

Especially in the wake of finding out how poor if a businessman and how large of a tax cheat he was.

But thanks Nux4Lyfe 2.0 I needed a laugh this morning

Edit*. I also enjoy their use of a muslim seeming individual.  Really drives home the narrative

Edited by Warhippy

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

^^^^^^ James O'Keefe

Man you really have some credible sources. It's not like the Trump campaign has contributed to O'Keefe's Project Veritas or anything.

If anyone is interested in what a clown O'Keefe is here ya go https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O'Keefe

Thanks for the link, but I knew he was a clown, based on the person who posted the tweet....

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1