The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Just so we're clear

If there was even a remote grain of truth to this.  Trump and his mouthpiece would have been screeching long, hard and endlessly about it.

Especially in the wake of finding out how poor if a businessman and how large of a tax cheat he was.

But thanks Nux4Lyfe 2.0 I needed a laugh this morning

Edit*. I also enjoy their use of a muslim seeming individual.  Really drives home the narrative

For the people making this the really sad part is how they need to assume their own republican base is too stupid to know this can't be real. 

Edited by Robert Long
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Robert Long said:

For the people making this the really sad part is how they need to assume their own republican base is too stupid to know this can't be real. 

Who said they were assuming?  Judging by the comments they wholeheartedly believe it

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Thanks for the link, but I knew he was a clown, based on the person who posted the tweet....

So, he has a history of creating false narratives by secretly recording meetings and calls then selectively editing them to pursue a false narrative that feeds in to the hard right collective.

Really makes you wonder about a person who would willingly share anything by him and claim it as factual.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Who said they were assuming?  Judging by the comments they wholeheartedly believe it

"ballot harvesting" Jesus H. Whats next? 

This is just the beginning. The US is going to be like this for decades. I really think this isn't a Trump one-off, its the new normal on the US right. 

33 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So, he has a history of creating false narratives by secretly recording meetings and calls then selectively editing them to pursue a false narrative that feeds in to the hard right collective.

Really makes you wonder about a person who would willingly share anything by him and claim it as factual.

What really makes me wonder is the fact that a week ago, this particular poster had his virtual pants pulled down and took a tanning over this same issue....yest here he is, doing the exact same thing and somehow believing that it wouldn't come back to bite him....again....:rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

What really makes me wonder is the fact that a week ago, this particular poster had his virtual pants pulled down and took a tanning over this same issue....yest here he is, doing the exact same thing and somehow believing that it wouldn't come back to bite him....again....:rolleyes:

is it really that surprising? 

• Vintage 2

Back on topic, I think the tax return revelation presents an opportunity for Biden.

Trump has already branded the NYT report as "Fake News!", but if Biden brings it up during the debate, I wonder if Bone Spurs would be able to resist bragging about how avoiding paying taxes "makes him smart" and adding "nobody knows tax loopholes like me"....

According to multiple sources, Trump prefers to "wing it" during debates, rather than spend time preparing, so it's entirely possible that this will happen.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Back on topic, I think the tax return revelation presents an opportunity for Biden.

Trump has already branded the NYT report as "Fake News!", but if Biden brings it up during the debate, I wonder if Bone Spurs would be able to resist bragging about how avoiding paying taxes "makes him smart" and adding "nobody knows tax loopholes like me"....

According to multiple sources, Trump prefers to "wing it" during debates, rather than spend time preparing, so it's entirely possible that this will happen.

Trump's only preparation is attack lines and zingers. You can bet he'll try the 'Hunter Biden Ukraine' nonsense again. To which Biden will just tell everyone that the Senate Intel Committee (which is controlled by Republicans) released their findings on the matter and found no wrong doing and made no recommendations.

Some people are under the impression that Trump is an effective speaker. That's because they only see him speak in 2 venues. At rallies where he can drone on and on about whatever non sense he wants. And on Fox News where he's getting lobbed softballs and is allowed to drone on and on. In a debate he's going to be asked a pointed question and will have 90 seconds to answer it. Chris Wallace is going to make sure he answers the question. Trump hasn't been under those conditions in 4 years.

It's not going to be like this (and if it is it won't go well for him)...........

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Trump's only preparation is attack lines and zingers. You can bet he'll try the 'Hunter Biden Ukraine' nonsense again. To which Biden will just tell everyone that the Senate Intel Committee (which is controlled by Republicans) released their findings on the matter and found no wrong doing and made no recommendations.

Some people are under the impression that Trump is an effective speaker. That's because they only see him speak in 2 venues. At rallies where he can drone on and on about whatever non sense he wants. And on Fox News where he's getting lobbed softballs and is allowed to drone on and on. In a debate he's going to be asked a pointed question and will have 90 seconds to answer it. Chris Wallace is going to make sure he answers the question. Trump hasn't been under those conditions in 4 years.

It's not going to be like this (and if it is it won't go well for him)...........

I agree. It's why I have been shaking my head every time someone says Biden is going to get "killed" in the debates. Trump is going to throw insults and lie. It's literally all he's got.

Still, I'm betting this won't stop his supporters from claiming he "won" the debate. :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

Trump is a very poor speaker. At times he appears incoherent. He was an outlier with he took on Clinton and much of his bombast did not stick. The question will be whether Biden can counterpunch well enough. The longer either of these guys talk the more trouble they get themselves into. The questions asked will also make a dif. Should be a gong show. 

29 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Trump is a very poor speaker. At times he appears incoherent. He was an outlier with he took on Clinton and much of his bombast did not stick. The question will be whether Biden can counterpunch well enough. The longer either of these guys talk the more trouble they get themselves into. The questions asked will also make a dif. Should be a gong show. 

I hope Trump does the lurking thing again.

The was some funny telly. 

untitled-1.gif.7d48f8c67e4ee6f73f283c58069e5147.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Coda said:

The only thing I can predict is that the ratings on this !@#$% are going to be through the roof.  

probably. I wont watch a second of it. Both sides will claim victory and if there's anything earth shattering it will be played a million times anyway.