The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I have to wonder if this is a serious twitter account...."Finkelstein"?

In any event, Samuel D, is taking a bit of poetic license here. The factory worker didn't "ask Biden about his position on gun rights", he accused him of "actively trying to end our 2nd Amendment rights and take away our guns".

Biden responded by telling the worker he was full of sh*t. Exactly the kind of "straight talk" and/or "telling it like it is" that so many give Trump a complete pass for.

Just because Trump does it does not mean that others should. It also definitely doesn't mean that they are going to get a pass just because Trump does. It might be BS, but there will be two sets of rules: one for Trump and one for the Democratic nominee. They won't be held to the same standard and shouldn't expect to be. The nominee that is able to rise above this is the one that will succeed. 

32 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Just because Trump does it does not mean that others should. It also definitely doesn't mean that they are going to get a pass just because Trump does. It might be BS, but there will be two sets of rules: one for Trump and one for the Democratic nominee. They won't be held to the same standard and shouldn't expect to be. The nominee that is able to rise above this is the one that will succeed. 

Meh. The guy was lying right to Joe's face. I would have told him to frack off too. If that hands the election to the guy who engages in the same manner on a daily basis, then the yanks deserve another 4 years of Bone Spurs.

Not all Democrats are cancel culture snowflakes. Stop buying into the hype. It's exactly what clowns like Finkelstein want you to do.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Meh. The guy was lying right to Joe's face. I would have told him to frack off too. If that hands the election to the guy who engages in the same manner on a daily basis, then the yanks deserve another 4 years of Bone Spurs.

Not all Democrats are cancel culture snowflakes. Stop buying into the hype. It's exactly what clowns like Finkelstein want you to do.

If only the Yanks were the only ones impacted by this... 

I have no idea what you're trying to say in the last line. 

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

You don’t bring a knife to a gunfight, people’s lives are at stake in November.

With virus spreading and threatening global economic and health well-being, last thing we need is bumbling idiot in the WH.

Both Sanders and Trump campaigns have been working very hard to show Biden as someone who suffers from dementia, Alzheimer’s etc. Good on JB to tell these to &^@# off.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I have to wonder if this is a serious twitter account...."Finkelstein"?

In any event, Samuel D, is taking a bit of poetic license here. The factory worker didn't "ask Biden about his position on gun rights", he accused him of "actively trying to end our 2nd Amendment rights and take away our guns".

Biden responded by telling the worker he was full of sh*t. Exactly the kind of "straight talk" and/or "telling it like it is" that so many give Trump a complete pass for.

Careful... that might come across as anti-semitic.  It's not a terribly rare Jewish name.

Sam Finkelstein is a political activist, writer, and student at Seton Hall Law School. Follow him on Twitter at @Cancel_Sam.

https://thegrayzone.com/author/sam-finkelstein/

Even as a Sanders supporter I have to say he needs to drop out now. Sanders clearly does not have a path to victory after tonight.

Coax Biden to commit to a public option and call it a career. He has done more than his fair share of shaping the country for the next generation. Enjoy retirement!

4 hours ago, Down by the River said:

I disagree. Donald Trump is the incumbent, he is the current standard. Biden has to convince voters he is a better choice than Trump. I have a hard time believing that Democratic voters will stay home based off Biden's conduct in that video.

• Cheers 2

31 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Even as a Sanders supporter I have to say he needs to drop out now. Sanders clearly does not have a path to victory after tonight.

Coax Biden to commit to a public option and call it a career. He has done more than his fair share of shaping the country for the next generation. Enjoy retirement!

Bernie has a fanatical base, but it has a hard ceiling. Why the young vote is not coming out in these primaries is perplexing. 

1 minute ago, Toews said:

I disagree. Donald Trump is the incumbent, he is the current standard. Biden has to convince voters he is a better choice than Trump. I have a hard time believing that Democratic voters will stay home based off Biden's conduct in that video.

My concern isn't with how this will impact people that have already decided to vote democrat. This is the mistake that the left (which I guess I would be considered a part of) continues to make. They have no problem $&!#ting on moronic Trump voters. Yes, they're morons. Yes, 95% of them won't change their vote. But it is the small percentage of past Trump voters that could win you the election. Stop belittling them. If the Dems want to present itself as the moral party (at least more moral than the Republican party), they can't be hypocrites along the campaign trail. That is what will inhibit their ability to steal votes from Trump. 

12 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

Bernie has a fanatical base, but it has a hard ceiling. Why the young vote is not coming out in these primaries is perplexing. 

Either way Biden need to figure out a way to being them out in the general or he has no chance. That is why I think he needs to commit to a public option and have Sanders or Warren head up a task force to write and implement it. You know throw Sanders base a bone in the fight or else they sure as hell not gonna go to the polls in November if they are not even doing that right now.

It looks like Lord Maple of Burlington might not be as popular as he thought he was.

All the young BS fans are surprised that the boomers got out and voted.

Don't forget to use the cream and call your dermatologist if you feel the bern!

18 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Either way Biden need to figure out a way to being them out in the general or he has no chance. That is why I think he needs to commit to a public option and have Sanders or Warren head up a task force to write and implement it. You know throw Sanders base a bone in the fight or else they sure as hell not gonna go to the polls in November if they are not even doing that right now.

If you're saying it comes down to palm-greasing to gave a chance to win, I agree. The Dems vastly over-rated their field of candidates right from the get-go. Trump is a prohibitive favourite to win in November any way you look at it. 

15 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

My concern isn't with how this will impact people that have already decided to vote democrat. This is the mistake that the left (which I guess I would be considered a part of) continues to make. They have no problem $&!#ting on moronic Trump voters. Yes, they're morons. Yes, 95% of them won't change their vote. But it is the small percentage of past Trump voters that could win you the election. Stop belittling them. If the Dems want to present itself as the moral party (at least more moral than the Republican party), they can't be hypocrites along the campaign trail. That is what will inhibit their ability to steal votes from Trump. 

My mistake I should have said all voters. I am not dismissing Trump voters, I think many of them can be won over unlike Trump's supporters/base. I suppose the way I see it Biden will have no problem coming off as more moral when he is juxtaposed with Trump. I am not sure morality is really what is going to sway this election, if so Trump would lose badly.

8 minutes ago, Jack Fig said:

If you're saying it comes down to palm-greasing to gave a chance to win, I agree. The Dems vastly over-rated their field of candidates right from the get-go. Trump is a prohibitive favourite to win in November any way you look at it. 

Yep palm-greasing. Time for unity but only way it's gonna work is to be more or less in equal footing. Biden throws a bone to Sanders base and tone down the Bernie bro narrative and Sanders supporter need to stop with the purity tests.