The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

8 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Bernie Sanders to suspend presidential campaign

Wed 18 Mar 2020 15:50:03 GMT

Axios reporting

Axios is reporting that Sen. Bernie Sanders has suspended his presidential campaign.  Yesterday Biden won all 3 states, and has a formidable lead.  That leaves Biden as the Democratic candidate for President. 

Good news

Now the focus should be on Biden's running mate as that person very well could be president in not too distant future.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Good news

Now the focus should be on Biden's running mate as that person very well could be president in not too distant future.

I could see Biden handing it off after one term. No way he could say that now though.

Pretty sure it's going to be Klobuchar. She didn't drop out 1 day before Super Tuesday and endorse Biden w/o getting promised something pretty sweet. Plus her Senate seat is safe.

Edited by nuckin_futz

Hold your horses guys. Bernie says no way Jose. ..............

Sen. Sanders: "Absolutely false" that he is suspending his campaign

Wed 18 Mar 2020 15:59:52 GMT

AXIOS reported that he was to suspend his candidacy

Sen. Bernie's Sanders spokesman is on the wires saying that it is "absolutely false" that he is suspending his campaign

Axios is normally more reliable than this.
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

Sen. Bernie's Sanders spokesman is on the wires saying that it is "absolutely false" that he is suspending his campaign

Clearly he isn't much brighter than Trump

• Haha 1

I could see Biden handing it off after one term. No way he could say that now though.

Pretty sure it's going to be Klobuchar. She didn't drop out 1 day before Super Tuesday and endorse Biden w/o getting promised something pretty sweet. Plus her Senate seat is safe.

I'd prefer Harris myself, but Amy's as tough as nails (way tougher than Bone Spurs) and I think she'd be a good choice. Maybe Kamala get AG.

Sanders to "assess" his Presidential campaign:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/politics/bernie-sanders-assess-2020-campaign/index.html

Bernie Sanders said he will assess his presidential campaign after his poor showing in Tuesday's Democratic primaries.

"As I said yesterday, we are assessing the state of our campaign, there's not going to be an election for another three weeks," the Vermont senator told CNN Wednesday. "We are talking to our supporters. Anybody who suggests that at this point we are ending the campaign is not telling the truth."
Sanders did not answer questions on whether he has a timeframe for making a decision or if he thinks there's a pathway for him to win the Democratic nomination.
Earlier Wednesday, Sanders campaign manager Faiz Shakir made a similar comment about the future of the senator's bid.

....putting the "ass" in assess.....<_<

Looks like he’s suspending his campaign advertising on Facebook.

https://www.axios.com/bernie-sanders-suspends-facebook-ads-2020-election-8d888649-55fb-4358-a6e6-cac09584bac8.html

This usually signals that the end is near. I suspect Bernie will announce fairly soon that he’s suspending the campaign. Axios just jumped the gun with the earlier report (which they quickly corrected).

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

Not sure he understands what is going on.

Probably wants to let his supporters down himself. Or squeeze some concessions out of Joe. Or both.

Either way, he’s clearly done. The sooner he does something about it the better 

19 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Probably wants to let his supporters down himself. Or squeeze some concessions out of Joe. Or both.

Either way, he’s clearly done. The sooner he does something about it the better 

Agreed. The longer he stays in, the more Trump benefits.

What he needs to do now is drop out and tell his supporters to vote for Biden and not to stay home in November.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Agreed. The longer he stays in, the more Trump benefits.

What he needs to do now is drop out and tell his supporters to vote for Biden and not to stay home in November.

Biden needs to throw Bernie a bone here as well. I hope both sides can come to a sensible compromise and as soon as possible.

• Cheers 1

Tulsi Gabbard Suspends Campaign, Endorses Joe Biden

Tulsi Gabbard, the sole woman remaining in the Democratic Primary race, has suspended her campaign and endorsed Joe Biden.

Screen%20Shot%202020-03-19%20at%2010.55.

The endorsement is a coup for Biden, since Gabbard's decision to endorse Sanders during the 2016 primary helped boost her national profile and set her on the path to her own run.

Gabbard published the announcement on Twitter, where she released a video explaining her decision to her supporters, many of whom will likely be puzzled by her decision to endorse Biden.

18 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Tulsi Gabbard Suspends Campaign, Endorses Joe Biden

Tulsi Gabbard, the sole woman remaining in the Democratic Primary race, has suspended her campaign and endorsed Joe Biden.

Screen%20Shot%202020-03-19%20at%2010.55.

The endorsement is a coup for Biden, since Gabbard's decision to endorse Sanders during the 2016 primary helped boost her national profile and set her on the path to her own run.

Gabbard published the announcement on Twitter, where she released a video explaining her decision to her supporters, many of whom will likely be puzzled by her decision to endorse Biden.

Gabbard needs to switch parties. I think she would be one of the front runners for Pence's job when Trump has no more use for him. 

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Cheers 2

It's a bit under the radar, but I've been seeing ads for Amy McGrath fairly often these days. She's a former Marine Aviator with combat experience who's taking on Mitch McConnell in Kentucky.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/07/09/amy-mcgrath-running-mitch-mcconnells-us-senate-seat.html

It's a huge uphill battle, but she's doing a pretty good job of attacking Cocaine Mitch on his enabling of Trump and his stance on health Care, while her own record is pretty much unimpeachable.

I hope Bloomberg kicks in with some financial help, because I think ousting McConnell would be almost as big a victory as beating Bone Spurs.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's a bit under the radar, but I've been seeing ads for Amy McGrath fairly often these days. She's a former Marine Aviator with combat experience who's taking on Mitch McConnell in Kentucky.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/07/09/amy-mcgrath-running-mitch-mcconnells-us-senate-seat.html

It's a huge uphill battle, but she's doing a pretty good job of attacking Cocaine Mitch on his enabling of Trump and his stance on health Care, while her own record is pretty much unimpeachable.

I hope Bloomberg kicks in with some financial help, because I think ousting McConnell would be almost as big a victory as beating Bone Spurs.

There are a few GOP senators who should get the boot and are facing some quality challengers.   The problem is the challengers are up against the incumbent advantage.   Incumbents win 93% in the House and 82% in the Senate.  

Thing is, if the challenger can raise enough money, get their name out there, and make a lot of hay out of the negatives of the incumbent,  they may have a chance.  Susan Collins in Maine comes to mind.

CNBC article link

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Cheers 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bernie is out:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/us/politics/bernie-sanders-drops-out.html

Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont dropped out of the Democratic presidential race on Wednesday, concluding a quest for the White House that began five years ago in relative obscurity but ultimately elevated him as a champion of the working class, a standard-bearer of American liberalism and the leader of a self-styled political revolution.

Mr. Sanders’s exit from the race establishes former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. as the presumptive nominee to challenge President Trump, and leaves the progressive movement without a prominent voice in the 2020 race.

Time to focus on kicking Bone Spurs to the curb...

• Thanks 2