The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

Just now, Jack_T said:

Another good little soldier reporting for duty I see. 

I don't think Biden is a good little soldier at all.    Your opinion clearly differs.   Why you think it is his duty to run is bizarre - his only duty should be to be the footnote to history he is along with being the poster child for all the creepy uncles of America.

The Orange haired moron cannot be beaten with equally challenged buffoons.   If the Democrats want to have the POTUS wearing their colours, they need to start putting up candidates with some actual credibility, substance and ideas that don't involve "Free Everything for Everyone!".    

12 hours ago, Warhippy said:

It was in fact a done deal, the courts had sided with him that the government ignored his rights and that his rights as a Canadian were indeed impugned by the allowance of the government forcing him to rot without representation in a prison without trial.  The supreme courts found his rights were in fact violated.  All that was left was the settlement of which he was due to be awarded far mroe but would have to fight for it.

He was initially granted a win when he was asking for almost $20 million but amended that and almost doubled what he was asking for

Again, a world where ALL the information is literally available by simply typing and people choose to ignore it

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/omar-khadr-settlement-analysis-aaron-wherry-1.4189472

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/omar-khadr-legal-analysis-aaron-wherry-1.4199409

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/in-the-court-of-public-opinion-canadians-say-trudeau-chose-wrong-on-khadr-settlement/article35651376/

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/10/23/omar_khadr_wins_right_expand_lawsuit_against_ottawa.html

https://www.lawnow.org/omar-khadr-2/

https://ipolitics.ca/2017/07/11/whos-to-blame-for-the-khadr-payout-stephen-harper-mostly/

There's little way to argue it.  The only way he loses that fight is the court of public opinion.  We all know what they say about opinions though right?  So before you start claiming I wasn't being factual, try reading the actual facts as they stand.  They are as I stated.  Opinions mean nothing.  In some people's opinion the Leafs are still Canada's team and in others Calgary got robbed.  Both would be wrong and not worth listening too, much like this.

Now back to the matter at hand.  BIden would absolutely beat trump, but he is the potential worst case candidate because he represents the establishment as it is/was and that effectively means no change for the people again.

11 hours ago, Hansman said:

He seems to know everything about that case, I'm still unsure how a convicted terrorist, who killed one of our closest allies can then come back and sue, should he not be tried for high treason under the law? 

Hmmmm...

Reading comprehension not present.

13 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Just so we are clear there is millions of Canadians that disagree with you two. First of all it wasn't a done deal in court. You mentioned facts but meanwhile you you weren't being factual.

Yep. The left has gone to a whole new low. No longer is anything up for a discussion, it’s now if you have a different point of view then them, rather than debate it’s immediately scream and call the opposition a racist/Bigot/nazi. I used to get upset about it but Its funny watching now because there are starting to turn on themselves, to the point where they will even call African Canadians white nationalist, haha 

let

#walkaway begin. 

But to further your point the the idiot Trudeau spent another million on an internal investigation on determine how this info was leaked. So was he really concerned about saving tax payers $. Nope. Whatever only a few more months of that idiot. 

• Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Yep. The left has gone to a whole new low. No longer is anything up for a discussion, it’s now if you have a different point of view then them, rather than debate it’s immediately scream and call the opposition a racist/Bigot/nazi. I used to get upset about it but Its funny watching now because there are starting to turn on themselves, to the point where they will even call African Canadians white nationalist, haha 

let

#walkaway begin. 

But to further your point the the idiot Trudeau spent another million on an internal investigation on determine how this info was leaked. So was he really concerned about saving tax payers $. Nope. Whatever only a few more months of that idiot. 

Who's doing that? All Hippy and I have done is point out the facts and backed it up with sources. (you'll note that the two on the other side of the debate have offered nothing besides assertions and opinions)

Neither of us used the word racist or Nazi. Nor did anyone do any "screaming", so I'm not sure how your generalization of how "low" we've gone applies at all to this discussion.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Who's doing that? All Hippy and I have done is point out the facts and backed it up with sources. (you'll note that the two on the other side of the debate have offered nothing besides assertions and opinions)

Neither of us used the word racist or Nazi. Nor did anyone do any "screaming", so I'm not sure how your generalization of how "low" we've gone applies at all to this discussion.

It’s saddened me a bit as someone who leans slightly right (very slightly mind you). Here I was thinking it’s all smart alpha males on the right but all I see is memes and a hella lot of whining.

Gross generalizations FTW!!

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

let

#walkaway begin. 

That's almost as amusing as Stromes immediate "you support X, Y, Z" statements the moment he is proven wrong.

Credible FACTS were posted.  The only people who continue to parrot the opposite tend to be the same bigoted idiots that claim immigrants are taking their jobs.

If you want to be credible prove the facts wrong.  Go ahead champ.  Either prove them wrong or shut up about it.  Because there is no different point of view, there is no debate.  The courts decided, the facts are, and none of them are arguable.

As for your statements though.  Wow those are whoppers even for you, the farmhand with first hand personal information of billionaire investors refusing to invest in Alberta

14 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Your facts aren't facts.  They are the rantings of the ignorant right and the veiled insinuations of the bigots hiding in this country

Facts are he was never tried, he was tortured, he was held against his will and our government left him to rot.  He sued the government, the courts found in his favour, the courts were set to award him far more than what the settlement was.  The medics who actually treated him also testified he was unfit and unable to have thrown a grenade with multiple holes in him from INSIDE a building and kill a medic standing over 100 feet away.

There was no secrecy at all, out of court settlements are rarely spoken of, The very fact you don't understand how the courts work, Canadas consitution, the rights of a Canadian citizen OR why the Harper government didn't charge him with treason in 2012 show you don't have the intelligence to continue on with this conversation.

So sjust have a seat until you've brushed up on the facts k

Listen, I am not bigoted or racist or which ever catch phrase of the day you want to call me today, he was an admitted terrorist, meaning he admitted to doing it, you can defend this person as long as you wish, the fact that he left this country which was his country of residence, to go and aid in a fight against allied soldiers is grounds for treason charges. But you know CBC says that he is a changed man so the mighty Warhippy will parrot that sentiment.

• Cheers 2

Just for the record the arrogance on this thread is awesome, the I'm right attitude of so many who cannot seem to debate without saying catchphrases just great, and for the record this is still about Mr. Biden and if he has a hope in the election. I was asked my grievances on JT and supplied them and was told nope your wrong, great discussion well been fun, I am going to stay out of the political discussions. Just for the record I had a perfectly fine discussion with another poster whom obviously disagreed with my political standpoints and probably I his, but we managed to keep it civil. So good luck to you all and keep the amusement levels high

What can people say anymore to this?...I don't like that the Canadian courts made a decision and I don't like that the PM I hate did something that saved some money, in a fashion that settlements are often done. So I have decided that it is wrong. 

You can rage against the system but you can't claim someone is factually 'wrong' when the courts have made their legal decision. You can only say that you don't agree with that decision/system and that you don't fully believe the story.  

If you point that out, you are unable to debate? you have arrogance? you're all the same? ( wide brush strokes)  

Oh my, I love a full glass....but only at the pub.

Anyway,

I don't think 'Creepy Joe' is a strong enough nickname. I don't think it will turn anyone off. I know we're in for a million memes about it in the next while but it just doesn't have the spice that 'Crooked Hillary' had.

See, people have often joked about the 'Creepy Uncles' in the world, they're kinda familiar with the gross concept, however ...maybe they could still lead a country?...but you can't have anyone 'Crooked' lead a country...

And once someone brings up 'Creepy Joe' wont they then consider what 'Disgusting Don' has done and said? 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

That's almost as amusing as Stromes immediate "you support X, Y, Z" statements the moment he is proven wrong.

Credible FACTS were posted.  The only people who continue to parrot the opposite tend to be the same bigoted idiots that claim immigrants are taking their jobs.

If you want to be credible prove the facts wrong.  Go ahead champ.  Either prove them wrong or shut up about it.  Because there is no different point of view, there is no debate.  The courts decided, the facts are, and none of them are arguable.

As for your statements though.  Wow those are whoppers even for you, the farmhand with first hand personal information of billionaire investors refusing to invest in Alberta

Your problem is you take JT word as credible facts, which is truly pathetic.  

Here is an opinion piece to counter your opinion pieces. Can you believe that two reporters with different opinions. What has the world come too. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/4762524/justin-trudeau-omar-khadr-kimberly-fawcett/

Man you are obsessed with my life. Sorry you couldn’t have made better life choices in life but that’s not my fault, at least you’re smartening up slightly by moving Alberta. 

“The conservatives are so dumb and they screwed over the Alberta economy, wasted money, forgotten infrastructure, abandoned oil wells, a bunch of whiny idiots... blah...blah”

.....”don’t mind me moving to Alberta to take advantage of all the benefits the conservative govt has granted its citizens”. 

• Upvote 4

Conveniently leaves out the word bigot knowing full well it has been used less than a few posts ago. haha. 

Edited by ForsbergTheGreat

1 hour ago, Hansman said:

Listen, I am not bigoted or racist or which ever catch phrase of the day you want to call me today, he was an admitted terrorist, meaning he admitted to doing it, you can defend this person as long as you wish, the fact that he left this country which was his country of residence, to go and aid in a fight against allied soldiers is grounds for treason charges. But you know CBC says that he is a changed man so the mighty Warhippy will parrot that sentiment.

He in no way admits to killing anyone.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/omar-khadr-describes-firefight-that-killed-u-s-soldier-im-just-going-to-throw-this-grenade

CBC and about 11 other publications report exactly what has happened and what he said.  You keep saying things but the actual facts as they exist don't agree with you.  The courts did not find him guilty of treason.  Harpers government which brought him home did not find him guilty of treason.  

You keep saying things, but that doesn't make them true,

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

He in no way admits to killing anyone.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/omar-khadr-describes-firefight-that-killed-u-s-soldier-im-just-going-to-throw-this-grenade

CBC and about 11 other publications report exactly what has happened and what he said.  You keep saying things but the actual facts as they exist don't agree with you.  The courts did not find him guilty of treason.  Harpers government which brought him home did not find him guilty of treason.  

You keep saying things, but that doesn't make them true,

As with you my friend. But then again a hippy is always in the right

7 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Your problem is you take JT word as credible facts, which is truly pathetic.  

Here is an opinion piece to counter your opinion pieces. Can you believe that two reporters with different opinions. What has the world come too. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/4762524/justin-trudeau-omar-khadr-kimberly-fawcett/

Man you are obsessed with my life. Sorry you couldn’t have made better life choices in life but that’s not my fault, at least you’re smartening up slightly by moving Alberta. 

“The conservatives are so dumb and they screwed over the Alberta economy, wasted money, forgotten infrastructure, abandoned oil wells, a bunch of whiny idiots... blah...blah”

.....”don’t mind me moving to Alberta to take advantage of all the benefits the conservative govt has granted its citizens”. 

I'm far from obsessed with your life.  You just keep pretending you're correct.  About everything.  You have anecdotal evidence about everything.  Your facts don't support those cute stories though.  But hey, tell me more about how you've done everything.  I have a few minutes

I posted numerous links.  They don't agree with you.  I don't take JT at his word.  I take the facts as they exist at their presence.  A linked opinion column doesn't change what the COURTS decided.  

economic basis also in no way agrees with you.  If you're going to whine about people moving across the country or to other areas to do things differently, square up with Strome too cowpoke.

my last question on Khadr, why when he testified did he apologize to Tabitha Speer saying "I'm really sorry for the pain I've caused you and your family" Quoted out of an article from the spec.com October 28 2010. 

I'm sorry I don't know how to add the link.

Just curious how many innocent people would say this, help me out with this hippy, just cause you hold the terrorist to such high value doesn't me it's true or sane

11 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Conveniently leaves out the word bigot knowing full well it has been used less than a few posts ago. haha. 

Context is everything.  But then it doesn't suit the narrative you're trying to engender if you post the quote or the follow up or preceding statements.  Still cannot find where anyone was called a nazi or racist though

So here's the quote.

"Your facts aren't facts.  They are the rantings of the ignorant right and the veiled insinuations of the bigots hiding in this country"

Nobody being called a bigot, nobody being called a nazi.  Please, do tell us how we're wrong again poor mans oldnews

2 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

let

#walkaway begin. 

I love posts like this. You complain about how “the left” unfairly labels the honest folks on “the right”, completely unaware that all you’re doing is labelling “the left” as fascists. 

I am willing to have discussions with those whose opinions differ so long as it’s an honest debate. There is far too much dishonesty these days. Lying has become acceptable and the truth maliable.