DonLever

Joe Biden - Democratic Nominee for the POTUS Faces Sex Assault Allegations

Recommended Posts

also I have to say I find it most amusing that on a forum of seemingly mostly Canadians, there is more whining and complaining about President Trump, then our own failed politicians. Kind of hard to judge when new collectively elected JT no?

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kragar said:

Many fair points (not at all surprised :)

 

I'd be curious what the women's polling was 4 years ago.  He was well under water then, IIRC, so not sure that item makes as much a difference. 

 

Everything else you say could easily come to be.  What it will come down to is whether the Dem opponent can offer a sound alternative to Trump on those points, and can defend them from Trump's rhetoric.  And, of course, whether the Dem opponent avoids pulling a Hillary and gives them the campaign attention she clearly punted on.

Not sure what the polling was 4 years ago. I do know he was quite under water with minority women. I don't think he was polling that badly with white women because his opponent was Hillary Clinton who was equally unpopular even with her own gender. As far as it not making a difference. You just saw in the mid terms how much of a difference it makes. Female voter turnout was up and as a result you saw a large amount of women elected to congress. As well as the House flipping to Dem. That was all in response to Trump's first 2 years. So women voters are making their voices heard.

 

It's sometimes hard to tell from threads like this and the Trump thread because it's virtually only men participating but women in general are disgusted with this administration. They are turned off by the racism, misogyny, the childish behavior not to mention they are horrified by the child separation policies.

 

I don't think the Dem nominee whomever it is, is not going to give women and the Rust Belt the time and effort they deserve. The Rust Belt is going to determine who is the next President. They all know that.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Hansman said:

Listen I get your argument I truly do, however when you are one of the largest super powers do you not think they may require a strong military? especially considering they do protect a lot of weaker budgeted nations with that same military. 

Certainly, although is that need for the strong military predicated by their various "excursions" into other countries over the last 50 years, which in turn has fostered a steady stream of hatred and anti-American sentiment in those regions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hansman said:

also I have to say I find it most amusing that on a forum of seemingly mostly Canadians, there is more whining and complaining about President Trump, then our own failed politicians. Kind of hard to judge when new collectively elected JT no?

I think the majority of the Trump focused conversation is located on the Donald Trump thread, although there would naturally be some mention here as it's a thread regarding Democratic hopefuls. It is related. There are Justin Trudeau threads that mostly focus on Canadian politics and JT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Certainly, although is that need for the strong military predicated by their various "excursions" into other countries over the last 50 years, which in turn has fostered a steady stream of hatred and anti-American sentiment in those regions?

your-country-might-have-a-little-oil-sou

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Biden can identify 327 brands of shampoo with just one sniff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nuckin_futz said:

your-country-might-have-a-little-oil-sou

That is one evil looking eagle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nux4lyfe said:

Biden can identify 327 brands of shampoo with just one sniff.

And the nominal IQ of the thread just dropped about 50 points.

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its going to be hard to beat an incumbent with 94% approval rating that is loved by billions of Americans across the country. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Its going to be hard to beat an incumbent with 94% approval rating that is loved by billions of Americans across the country. 

SmoothNiftyIzuthrush-size_restricted.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Hansman said:

also I have to say I find it most amusing that on a forum of seemingly mostly Canadians, there is more whining and complaining about President Trump, then our own failed politicians. Kind of hard to judge when new collectively elected JT no?

People keep saying things like this, but Trudeau hasn't done anywhere near the damage that Donald Trump has done.

 

So far his biggest "scandal" is trying to talk his AG into giving a large Canadian employer a break. Trump and his supporters would laugh at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wonder if Dumpty and Biden will start with the fight rhetoric again?

 

Here's a refresher...

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/03/22/trump-attacks-crazy-joe-biden-after-the-former-vp-said-he-would-have-beat-the-hell-out-of-trump-for-disrespecting-women.html

 

Heck, the way politics are going, why not?... cage match....Biden would go through Trump like a hot knife through butter. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And the nominal IQ of the thread just dropped about 50 points.

When I was younger in my mid 20's I use to sometimes hang with an older crowd. We were all about 10 years apart. 25, 35, 45, 55. One day we're sitting in a pub and shooting the breeze when for some reason the subject turned to "idiots". For some reason I can't recall this sets me off on a lengthy rant about stupid people and what they cost society (remember I was about 25 lol). When I am finally done, the 55 year old guy looks at me hardly able to contain his laughter. Takes a big swig of his beer and announces "I love dumb bastards".

 

This of course frustrates me to no end. He then goes on to explain that apart from the fact they they vote and breed in large numbers that dumb bastards are relatively harmless and actually make your life easier as they are easy to take advantage of. He explained dumb bastards should be humored and used as stepping stones. Because a dumb bastard rarely knows he's a dumb bastard.

 

Pay no mind to the dumb bastards. Just be grateful they exist. :)

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

Biden can identify 327 brands of shampoo with just one sniff.

And Trump can identify a dozen brands of douche with one grab....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

That is one evil looking eagle.

Meh.

image.png.ce77075de4acac80147c073716bc7780.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

When I was younger in my mid 20's I use to sometimes hang with an older crowd. We were all about 10 years apart. 25, 35, 45, 55. One day we're sitting in a pub and shooting the breeze when for some reason the subject turned to "idiots". For some reason I can't recall this sets me off on a lengthy rant about stupid people and what they cost society (remember I was about 25 lol). When I am finally done, the 55 year old guy looks at me hardly able to contain his laughter. Takes a big swig of his beer and announces "I love dumb bastards".

 

This of course frustrates me to no end. He then goes on to explain that apart from the fact they they vote and breed in large numbers that dumb bastards are relatively harmless and actually make your life easier as they are easy to take advantage of. He explained dumb bastards should be humored and used as stepping stones. Because a dumb bastard rarely knows he's a dumb bastard.

 

Pay no mind to the dumb bastards. Just be grateful they exist. :)

Hmm, good point. Hey, @nux4lyfe what's your SIN and the last four digits of your credit card? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Hmm, good point. Hey, @nux4lyfe what's your SIN and the last four digits of your credit card? 

Maybe he’ll post his 401K statement on the thread.....

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

People keep saying things like this, but Trudeau hasn't done anywhere near the damage that Donald Trump has done.

 

So far his biggest "scandal" is trying to talk his AG into giving a large Canadian employer a break. Trump and his supporters would laugh at that.

Well that and 10.5 million to a terrorist but yeah I guess you are right JT is pretty darn amazing

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I think the majority of the Trump focused conversation is located on the Donald Trump thread, although there would naturally be some mention here as it's a thread regarding Democratic hopefuls. It is related. There are Justin Trudeau threads that mostly focus on Canadian politics and JT.

sure but the trump thread is what 3000 pages come on you can't' say it isn't hilarious that Canadians are overly obsessive with American politics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

To begin oncology treatment is 3.8 weeks and orthopedic surgery wait is 39 weeks. I don't know about you but if i needed knee surgery i would not want to wait that long. Also to get an MRI is about 20 week wait nationwide.

 

The Fraser Institute report said Tuesday the median wait time for “medically necessary treatments” in B.C. was 23.2 weeks, compared to 19.8 weeks for the rest of the country.

 

https://www.fraserinstitute.org/studies/waiting-your-turn-wait-times-for-health-care-in-canada-2018

 

https://swt.hlth.gov.bc.ca/

 

https://www.surreynowleader.com/news/b-c-has-the-longest-healthcare-wait-times-in-canada-report/

BC also leads the nation in senior growth and senior migration.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.