The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

14 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

He's still going on about Russia,,, pinned tweet too. I guess this is the hill he will die on. he should really stop giving Trump free airtime and focus on his own platform

yeah, pfft integrity. Who needs it? 

2 hours ago, Chicken. said:

The news media needs it for sure 

Election integrity is very important.... voting should require photo ID 

why? there are other kinds of ID that are just as valid. Its a con myth designed to suppress voting in the US that only photo ID works. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why? there are other kinds of ID that are just as valid. Its a con myth designed to suppress voting in the US that only photo ID works. 

Add in the requisite reduced hours and/or reduced number of locations that produce ID and you further reduce the ability of poor/old people getting ID.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/texas-could-close-down-87-driver-license-offices-across-the-state-dps-says/269-587589638

In Texas they proposed (later rejected for now) closing down 87 offices, resulting in 78 counties having no such office.  Imagine being poor or old and having to travel to the next county, and wait in line all the while not getting paid from your job.  Oh, and add in the fact that most Americans don't have more than $500 in their saving account for a rainy day.

• Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Likely every election has some fraudulent voting.  

Does it really matter who the Dems or Republicans run against each other for President?  The winner will still represent the same bad people, who manipulate the US population with propaganda into supporting the insanity of:  violence is the answer to every problem.  

Maybe a woman, and mother (Michelle Obama?) might make a difference. But the guys that keep getting elected are all the same.  Some are just more slick than others.   

• Cheers 1

Shizzz I like to vote like 30 times so it can’t be that tough... mind you hippo party never wins so I’m throwing it away :(

i remember when the NDP rep was canvassing my neighbourhood and I told her I was voting trump across the board.. she didn’t like that too much 

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah, pfft integrity. Who needs it? 

So Americans can only receive dirt from fellow Americans. This is integrity? What the...

So if I see Trump peeing on a prostitute, and I tell Obama, he has no integrity if he even listens. This is nuts.

Make Orwell Fiction Again.

22 minutes ago, Caphit said:

So Americans can only receive dirt from fellow Americans. This is integrity? What the...

So if I see Trump peeing on a prostitute, and I tell Obama, he has no integrity if he even listens. This is nuts.

Make Orwell Fiction Again.

what is it with the misused Orwell quotes these days? 

yeah it kind of matters that you accept information from foreign governments and interests. Is that really a discussion someone needs to have? 

• Upvote 1

On 6/12/2019 at 4:50 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm kind of torn on Uncle Joe....

On one hand, he's way down the list of people I'd like to see as the next POTUS. (If I had my druthers, it would probably be a Kamala/Mayor Pete ticket) But....

...he's currently polling ahead of the Dotard in Pennsylvania. The Dems need to flip a few battleground states in order to kick Trump to the curb and right now, that's more important to me than having the best possible candidate.

I'll be watching how each Dem polls in Penn, Wisconsin, Michigan, Florida and Ohio. Whomever is leading the pack in those states will be the one I'm pulling for, even if he or she isn't the "best" candidate.

Speaking of Petey, he is currently polling at zero in South Carolina amongst black voters.

I don’t think he can help the Democrats, maybe he can work on South Bend first.

Also Booker can bring in more votes than Harris, especially amongst the black voters.

Biden/Booker combo is better imo.

Just now, CBH1926 said:

Speaking of Petey, he is currently polling at zero in South Carolina amongst black voters.

I don’t think he can help the Democrats, maybe he can work on South Bend first.

Also Booker can bring in more votes than Harris, especially amongst the black voters.

Biden/Booker combo is better imo.

I'm going to wait and see how the polls evolve over the primaries....

...as I said, whomever has the best chance of kicking president Pinocchio to the curb, will be the one I'm cheering for....

On 6/14/2019 at 3:01 PM, Chicken. said:

He's still going on about Russia,,, pinned tweet too. I guess this is the hill he will die on. he should really stop giving Trump free airtime and focus on his own platform

Must be the same person that ran hillarys campaign.

• Haha 1

On 6/14/2019 at 6:50 PM, Alflives said:

Likely every election has some fraudulent voting.  

Does it really matter who the Dems or Republicans run against each other for President?  The winner will still represent the same bad people, who manipulate the US population with propaganda into supporting the insanity of:  violence is the answer to every problem.  

Maybe a woman, and mother (Michelle Obama?) might make a difference. But the guys that keep getting elected are all the same.  Some are just more slick than others.   

Elizabeth Warren is as anti-corruption, anti-lobbying as they come. 

The stock market will suffer under her but short term pain for long term gain in my opinion. I'm rooting for her. 

She's got some good policies, especially regarding accountability in government:

1) End private prisons/exploitation of prisoners for profit

2) Pro small business

3) $2 trillion in clean energy manufacturing investment

4) Get rid of presidential powers/DOJ policies that help keep corrupt individuals in office

5) Cut the ridiculous defense spending

6) Reduce corporate influence in politics

7) The Real Corporates Tax (7% on all profit over $100 million dollars)

8) Corporate Executive Accountability Act

etc.

I feel like she's what's needed down under right now. If nothing else but to prevent politics in America from falling further and further away from democracy to a country owned by big money. 

On 6/14/2019 at 7:12 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

Funny I never heard these cries when democrats win.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:30 PM, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Add in the requisite reduced hours and/or reduced number of locations that produce ID and you further reduce the ability of poor/old people getting ID.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/local/texas-could-close-down-87-driver-license-offices-across-the-state-dps-says/269-587589638

In Texas they proposed (later rejected for now) closing down 87 offices, resulting in 78 counties having no such office.  Imagine being poor or old and having to travel to the next county, and wait in line all the while not getting paid from your job.  Oh, and add in the fact that most Americans don't have more than $500 in their saving account for a rainy day.

Funny I never heard these cries when democrats win.

On 6/20/2019 at 9:04 PM, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm going to wait and see how the polls evolve over the primaries....

...as I said, whomever has the best chance of kicking president Pinocchio to the curb, will be the one I'm cheering for....

So I guess you aren't cheering for the dems? Both Canada and the Us have very low unemployment rates so not exactly what u said it would be back in 2017.

14 hours ago, Duodenum said:

Elizabeth Warren is as anti-corruption, anti-lobbying as they come. 

The stock market will suffer under her but short term pain for long term gain in my opinion. I'm rooting for her. 

She's got some good policies, especially regarding accountability in government:

1) End private prisons/exploitation of prisoners for profit

2) Pro small business

3) $2 trillion in clean energy manufacturing investment

4) Get rid of presidential powers/DOJ policies that help keep corrupt individuals in office

5) Cut the ridiculous defense spending

6) Reduce corporate influence in politics

7) The Real Corporates Tax (7% on all profit over $100 million dollars)

8) Corporate Executive Accountability Act

etc.

I feel like she's what's needed down under right now. If nothing else but to prevent politics in America from falling further and further away from democracy to a country owned by big money. 

:lol:

• Wat 1

7 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

So I guess you aren't cheering for the dems? Both Canada and the Us have very low unemployment rates so not exactly what u said it would be back in 2017.

I don't recall saying anything about the US unemployment rate in 2017. I do recall you refusing to give Trudeau any credit for the low unemployment rate in Canada....

However, that aside, I don't subscribe to the doctrine that as long as the economy is in good shape, you overlook everything else that POTUS has done. What I said back in 2015, is that a Trump presidency would be an unmitigated disaster. I also said that his stupid Wall would never be built. I was right on both counts.

Not sure what you're getting at with you opening sentence. I'm pulling for whomever can defeat Trump. I'm pretty sure no Republican will take the nomination from him, so...:unsure:

• Upvote 1