The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

11 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

That's why I think Bernie would have lost bad to Trump had he won the primary in 2016 and would this time around as well if he beats the long odds and manages to secure the nomination.

I agree and I said as much at the time. I do however believe that Hillary might have boosted her chances with Bernie as a running mate.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I agree and I said as much at the time. I do however believe that Hillary might have boosted her chances with Bernie as a running mate.

They would have won.

Most of those Sanders crybabies fans, that did not vote or voted for Trump in swing states, would have voted for Clinton.

Edited by CBH1926
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

They would have won.

Most of those Sanders crybabies fans, that did not vote or voted for Trump in swing states, would have voted for Clinton.

Most people knew this except the Dem establishment lol they went and done goofed themselves

• Wat 1

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I’m hoping Bernie does win, and then wins the Presidency.  He (I’m likely wrong though) seems different from the rest of the cheats, liars, and war mongers who have been US Presidents for the last 100 years.  

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I've wondered that myself.  Would that have brought in enough votes in the states that decided the election, and if she did run with him, would it have lost her moderate votes in the states that she won only by small margins.

The electoral college makes hind-sighting some elections tricky especially when the loser has the majority of votes.

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

They would have won.

1 hour ago, Chicken. said:

Most people knew this except the Dem establishment lol they went and done goofed themselves

Not sure if it would have swung her the general election, but the cheating that Hillary and her party did was unnecessary.  She would have likely won the primary anyways, but just with a smaller margin of victory.

19 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Not sure if it would have swung her the general election, but the cheating that Hillary and her party did was unnecessary.  She would have likely won the primary anyways, but just with a smaller margin of victory.

Those that voted for Sanders in the primaries 12% voted for Trump, 14% other/did not vote and 74% voted for Clinton.

Lot of those voters live in swing states like Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio etc.

I think HK would have carried those states, but as you said, how many moderate Dems would have not voted, if she ran with Sanders. That is very interesting point for sure.

Beto/Bernie or Bernie/Beto

And all of the people lose their minds

If the DNC step back and actually allow the people to pick their choice of democratic nominee I think they will be far better served than pulling the nonsense they did 3 years ago

57 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

Those that voted for Sanders in the primaries 12% voted for Trump, 14% other/did not vote and 74% voted for Clinton.

Lot of those voters live in swing states like Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio etc.

I think HK would have carried those states, but as you said, how many moderate Dems would have not voted, if she ran with Sanders. That is very interesting point for sure.

Where did you get those numbers and the state by state breakdown?  I'd be curious to read the article(s).

Also it's not just moderate Democrats, but how many moderate Republicans and moderate Independents in the swing states would have either stayed home or changed their vote had she run with Sanders...

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Tulsi Gabbard should be the first female POTUS.

So she probably won't be. 

She met with the Trump transition team to kiss the ring by proxy when they were considering her for a cabinet position.  She'll have a tough time wiping that stink off before the nomination process is over. 

https://www.axios.com/trump-transition-vetting-documents-leak-full-list-1b7c4f34-4681-4add-a5d1-7c1d19ef3aa5.html

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

She met with the Trump transition team to kiss the ring by proxy when they were considering her for a cabinet position.  She'll have a tough time wiping that stink off before the nomination process is over. 

https://www.axios.com/trump-transition-vetting-documents-leak-full-list-1b7c4f34-4681-4add-a5d1-7c1d19ef3aa5.html

Representative from Hawaii meets with POTUS = controversy.... Ok.

This is why Americans can't have nice things.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

Representative from Hawaii meets with POTUS = controversy.... Ok.

He wasn't POTUS yet.  He was POTUS-elect.  She's denying it now but she was jockeying for a cabinet position like everybody else on that list.  Like it or not, it will hurt her with the far left voters in the Democratic party. 

Don't underestimate how tribal both parties are.

As for me, I'd like to see her get more experience under her belt before I'd feel comfortable seeing her in the Oval Office.  That said, I'm going to continue voting 3rd party anyways no matter who's up for election in either tribe.

37 minutes ago, aGENT said:

No doubt. 

I've been railing against tribalism in politics for years.  Trump's actions have hurt his own voting base the most but those people will still go running to the polls to vote for him for no other reason than he has their preferred letter next to his name.

Canada's politics are unfortunately becoming Americanized.  Hopefully you guys realize it before it's too late to turn back.

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Where did you get those numbers and the state by state breakdown?  I'd be curious to read the article(s).

Also it's not just moderate Democrats, but how many moderate Republicans and moderate Independents in the swing states would have either stayed home or changed their vote had she run with Sanders...

https://www.npr.org/2017/08/24/545812242/1-in-10-sanders-primary-voters-ended-up-supporting-trump-survey-finds

https://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-trump-2016-election-654320

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/bernie-sanders-was-helped-by-the-neverhillary-vote-what-does-that-mean-for-his-chances-now/

• Cheers 1

That was interesting debate for sure, moderation was not very good tonight.

Booker and Castro did well, Beto seems awkward and out of his league.

Warren performed well, Ryan spoke from his heart but he won’t get the nomination.

Gabbard and Klobuchar were in between.

Rest can drop out including De Blasio who is terrible mayor.

Tomorrow should be fun with Bernie, Biden and Kampala. 

7 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

That was interesting debate for sure, moderation was not very good tonight.

Booker and Castro did well, Beto seems awkward and out of his league.

Warren performed well, Ryan spoke from his heart but he won’t get the nomination.

Gabbard and Klobuchar were in between.

Rest can drop out including De Blasio who is terrible mayor.

Tomorrow should be fun with Bernie, Biden and Kampala. 

Gotta hope for Bernie to win the nomination.  Can’t say why, but I’m liking Bernie.  Always preferred him to Bert.