The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

3 minutes ago, Hansman said:

Well that and 10.5 million to a terrorist but yeah I guess you are right JT is pretty darn amazing

Better than the rumoured $40 million the courts were ready to award him.  

But hey, why let facts step in the way of a JT hate statement

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Certainly, although is that need for the strong military predicated by their various "excursions" into other countries over the last 50 years, which in turn has fostered a steady stream of hatred and anti-American sentiment in those regions?

Possible, but I mean that can hardly be blamed on Trump, and let's be honest a politician is a politician, they are kind of all self serving crooks no?

Just now, Warhippy said:

Better than the rumoured $40 million the courts were ready to award him.  

But hey, why let facts step in the way of a JT hate statement

your facts are hilarious, Why if it was so just and right was it done in secrecy to hide the funds from the Speer families civil suit? Also why would a convicted terrorist get any funds from the tax payer, when he probably should have been charged with treason upon his return. Facts, like the fact he killed a medic.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Hansman said:

sure but the trump thread is what 3000 pages come on you can't' say it isn't hilarious that Canadians are overly obsessive with American politics

When you live next to an elephant, you sometimes get the same fleas. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Hansman said:

Possible, but I mean that can hardly be blamed on Trump, and let's be honest a politician is a politician, they are kind of all self serving crooks no?

50 years of invading other countries is not blamed on Trump at all. Most are, yes.

One rarely gets to that level without keeping their wallet and mouth open for business. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

When you live next to an elephant, you sometimes get the same fleas. 

fair enough, I openly admit to being a conservative, I would not have voted for Trump, but I would not have voted for Hillary either. at least we can have a civil conversation, without resorting to anger and personal attacks right?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Hansman said:

fair enough, I openly admit to being a conservative, I would not have voted for Trump, but I would not have voted for Hillary either. at least we can have a civil conversation, without resorting to anger and personal attacks right?

I have family in Washington state (both Democratic and Republican) who all voted for a third party because of both of those idiots. Long term party voters who first thought to abscond. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If they nominate him for the presidency over the more likeable qualified candidates they're idiots.

They did it with hillary mabye bernie will drop faster this time or screw themselves and give donut 8 years.

2 hours ago, Hansman said:

Well that and 10.5 million to a terrorist but yeah I guess you are right JT is pretty darn amazing

10 million that would have been more if he hadn't settled. As advised by government lawyers.

We've been down this stupid road before. It's one of the more frustrating things abo0ut this forum....noobs coming in a rehashing the same crap that has been debunked a dozen times before.

3 hours ago, Hansman said:

your facts are hilarious, Why if it was so just and right was it done in secrecy to hide the funds from the Speer families civil suit? Also why would a convicted terrorist get any funds from the tax payer, when he probably should have been charged with treason upon his return. Facts, like the fact he killed a medic.

Your facts aren't facts.  They are the rantings of the ignorant right and the veiled insinuations of the bigots hiding in this country

Facts are he was never tried, he was tortured, he was held against his will and our government left him to rot.  He sued the government, the courts found in his favour, the courts were set to award him far more than what the settlement was.  The medics who actually treated him also testified he was unfit and unable to have thrown a grenade with multiple holes in him from INSIDE a building and kill a medic standing over 100 feet away.

There was no secrecy at all, out of court settlements are rarely spoken of, The very fact you don't understand how the courts work, Canadas consitution, the rights of a Canadian citizen OR why the Harper government didn't charge him with treason in 2012 show you don't have the intelligence to continue on with this conversation.

So sjust have a seat until you've brushed up on the facts k

Edited by Warhippy
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

10 million that would have been more if he hadn't settled. As advised by government lawyers.

We've been down this stupid road before. It's one of the more frustrating things abo0ut this forum....noobs coming in a rehashing the same crap that has been debunked a dozen times before.

Frustruating isn't it?  A world in which the facts are LITERALLY available with a few keystrokes and people still repeat the same nonsense because they disagree with the truth

32 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Frustruating isn't it?  A world in which the facts are LITERALLY available with a few keystrokes and people still repeat the same nonsense because they disagree with the truth

Just so we are clear there is millions of Canadians that disagree with you two. First of all it wasn't a done deal in court. You mentioned facts but meanwhile you you weren't being factual.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, nux4lyfe said:

Creepy Joe Biden decided to announce his presidential run on the National take your kids to work day. What a Coincidence! :lol:

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/days-2/national-take-our-daughters-and-sons-to-work-day-fourth-thursday-in-april/

Dopey nux4lyfe decided to make another banal post about a presidential candidate insinuating that he’s a pedophile, when according to all reports he's been inappropriate with women, all the while not mentioning that his lord and savior, Dotard J. Dumbf has been accused of worse. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Just so we are clear there is millions of Canadians that disagree with you two. First of all it wasn't a done deal in court. You mentioned facts but meanwhile you you weren't being factual.

It was in fact a done deal, the courts had sided with him that the government ignored his rights and that his rights as a Canadian were indeed impugned by the allowance of the government forcing him to rot without representation in a prison without trial.  The supreme courts found his rights were in fact violated.  All that was left was the settlement of which he was due to be awarded far mroe but would have to fight for it.

He was initially granted a win when he was asking for almost $20 million but amended that and almost doubled what he was asking for

Again, a world where ALL the information is literally available by simply typing and people choose to ignore it

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/omar-khadr-settlement-analysis-aaron-wherry-1.4189472

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/omar-khadr-legal-analysis-aaron-wherry-1.4199409

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/in-the-court-of-public-opinion-canadians-say-trudeau-chose-wrong-on-khadr-settlement/article35651376/

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2014/10/23/omar_khadr_wins_right_expand_lawsuit_against_ottawa.html

https://www.lawnow.org/omar-khadr-2/

https://ipolitics.ca/2017/07/11/whos-to-blame-for-the-khadr-payout-stephen-harper-mostly/

There's little way to argue it.  The only way he loses that fight is the court of public opinion.  We all know what they say about opinions though right?  So before you start claiming I wasn't being factual, try reading the actual facts as they stand.  They are as I stated.  Opinions mean nothing.  In some people's opinion the Leafs are still Canada's team and in others Calgary got robbed.  Both would be wrong and not worth listening too, much like this.

Now back to the matter at hand.  BIden would absolutely beat trump, but he is the potential worst case candidate because he represents the establishment as it is/was and that effectively means no change for the people again.

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Except as stated earlier it was done in secrecy seemingly to hide it from the families civil suit against Khadr

56 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

He seems to know everything about that case, I'm still unsure how a convicted terrorist, who killed one of our closest allies can then come back and sue, should he not be tried for high treason under the law?