The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

Not hearing much about those in 2016 anymore but isn’t there a case in the court right now? 

I am sure some went away and some are biding their time. it's a lot easier to sue when someone is a private citizen than the POTUS.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Andrew Yang is now supporting Joe Biden:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/10/andrew-yang-endorses-joe-biden-125317

"The math" has spoken.....

Hopefully he gets something out of it like energy secretary or better yet VP. 

God do US need a math and science person in the energy/tech department after Perry. Guess FCC also is a good fit.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 24K PureCool said:

Hopefully he gets something out of it like energy secretary or better yet VP. 

God do US need a math and science person in the energy/tech department after Perry. Guess FCC also is a good fit.

I think Energy is a good idea, although there are probably qualified politicians as well.

I'm guessing that the VP candidate is going to be a woman. Probably Harris or Klobuchar.

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I disagree that this is what happened. Biden didn't call out Trump voters, he called out one guy and rightly so. If you watch the video and read the many articles associated with it, the guy was waiting for JB. It wasn't a spontaneous "questioning of his position", but a pre-planned ambush.

It's worth noting that the original articles stated that the worker in question was berated by his co workers after the incident. It's also worth noting that auto workers likely remember the government that provided the 80 billion dollar bailout to the once failing auto industry. They're not all going to vote for Trump just because Biden told one grandstanding dickwad to STFU....

This is simplifying things. He called out one guy... that will be used by the right to rally voters, including those that could be swayed to vote left.

Again you are seeing this in absolutes and this is not what I'm arguing. I haven't suggested that they "all going to vote Trump". Its not a matter of all or nothing. It is a matter of how many. And that is where nuance becomes important and why I should have known to not wade into a political thread on CDC. 

11 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

This is simplifying things. He called out one guy... that will be used by the right to rally voters, including those that could be swayed to vote left.

Again you are seeing this in absolutes and this is not what I'm arguing. I haven't suggested that they "all going to vote Trump". Its not a matter of all or nothing. It is a matter of how many. And that is where nuance becomes important and why I should have known to not wade into a political thread on CDC. 

Yet, you said this: "These are the people you need on your side. Biden lost them. Sanders is too angry at everything to give a impression of true leadership. It's four more years of Trump come November."

Perhaps you can see how I may have misunderstood the point you were trying to make?

23 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yet, you said this: "These are the people you need on your side. Biden lost them. Sanders is too angry at everything to give a impression of true leadership. It's four more years of Trump come November."

Perhaps you can see how I may have misunderstood the point you were trying to make?

I thought union workers were the bedrock of the Democrats? Biden should not be talking down to these people that is what HRC did.

I sometimes think Trump relates better at street level.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I thought union workers were the bedrock of the Democrats? Biden should not be talking down to these people that is what HRC did.

Again, he wasn't talking down to "these people". He was calling one guy a liar. Which the guy was.

As I said earlier, "these people" have every reason to be in Biden's corner. It was the auto industry bailout that kept many of them employed. One grandstanding asshat who wants to whine about gun control isn't going to change anyone's mind and neither is JB's reaction to him.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Due to the excellent vantage point from the penthouse of Trump Tower, no doubt...

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Canorth said:

Due to the excellent vantage point from the penthouse of Trump Tower, no doubt...

Yeah, this narrative of Trump "relating to the people" makes me laugh. Remember the comment when he trotted out the Hispanic border agent to prove he wasn't a racist?

"Speaks perfect English, folks".....:picard:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I love how Barron's toy cars are limos....:rolleyes:

Honestly, I think that gilded, Louis Quatorze look is fugly....

This is the first time someone referred to Loui the 14th style furniture as Loui Quatorze, nicely played!

• Cheers 1