- Build the Wall!

- Repeal and Replace!

- Not My Type!

....etc, etc....

Strong point. 

“people are saying”... ramble

”fake news media”... ramble ramble 

”a perfect call”... ramble ramble ramble 

”enemy of the people” (must have had a good day)

“If she wasn’t my daughter” (another good day)

Reporter : " Welcome to the White house Mr President Biden, What is the first order of business? '

Biden : " The first thing I would like to do is pass the stop and sniff law, Secondly...ermm...erm.. I don't remember.."

• Haha 4

Just now, nux4lyfe said:

Reporter : " Welcome to the White house Mr President Biden, What is the first order of business? '

Biden : " The first thing I would like to do is pass the stop and sniff law, Secondly...ermm...erm.. I don't remember.."

:lol: That's a real knee-slapper....

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Are they? The primaries would seems to refute that opinion.

And even if they were, is it your opinion that the voters will vote for Trump, rather than vote for Democrat that wasn't their first choice?

Isn't that one of the things that helped Trump defeat Clinton back in 2016? Some of the Bernie supporters either voted for Trump, or chose not to vote, even though Bernie endorsed Hillary after he lost.

I think that something similar could happen this year imo. Remember that Biden recently said publicly that he would veto the Medicare For All bill if it somehow made it to his desk, it's things like that that will not endear him to the progressive voter.

2 minutes ago, nux4lyfe said:

What happened?

You were around with your Trump love for a while back then you disappeared.

What are your thoughts on the idea that Trump blocked the covid testing for his reelection? Which will result in the more deaths and contamination.

In short, he has blood of US citizens on his hands.

You still on his leg if that is true?

50 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

All this talk about JB forgetting where he is, frequent gaffes, mixing events etc.

Sure next to mayor Pete or some of these younger candidates JB sounds like someone’s grandpa.

But we are talking about mother&^@#ing king of gaffes, offensive statements, stupid statements!

When did that orange used car salesmen become orator like JFK or Churchill?

Tell me one GOP candidate or POTUS who came close to being acceptable to the Democrats over the past +50 years? Both Bushes were to stupid, Reagan was to old and senile, Dickie was untrustworthy. Eisenhower was a war hero and had general acceptance. 

7 minutes ago, Sweathog said:

Isn't that one of the things that helped Trump defeat Clinton back in 2016? Some of the Bernie supporters either voted for Trump, or chose not to vote, even though Bernie endorsed Hillary after he lost.

I think that something similar could happen this year imo. Remember that Biden recently said publicly that he would veto the Medicare For All bill if it somehow made it to his desk, it's things like that that will not endear him to the progressive voter.

It's possible, but I think, unlikely.

Bernie fans have 4 years of a Trump administration now to remind them of how badly they fracked up in 2016. I  know Trump supporters are hoping for the same type of apathy that led Trump to the presidency in 2016, but I think it's pie in the sky this time around...

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

What happened?

You were around with your Trump love for a while back then you disappeared.

What are your thoughts on the idea that Trump blocked the covid testing for his reelection? Which will result in the more deaths and contamination.

In short, he has blood of US citizens on his hands.

You still on his leg if that is true?

Just a dreamer b

spacer.png

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's possible, but I think, unlikely.

Bernie fans have 4 years of a Trump administration now to remind them of how badly they fracked up in 2016. I  know Trump supporters are hoping for the same type of apathy that led Trump to the presidency in 2016, but I think it's pie in the sky this time around...

Yeah you could be right, I certainly hope you're right.

It's definitely an important question. Will Bernie supporters swallow their pride and vote for Biden, who they feel is the lesser of two evils? Or will they snub Biden, because he doesn't support any of the policies that they've been lobbying for? Only time will tell.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

The fundamental difference between a Trump presidency and a Biden presidency is that Biden is smart enough to surround himself with smart people, then let then set about repairing the damage that Trump has caused to trade, to international relations, to agriculture, to coherent, non- xenophobic immigration policy and a dozen other things. Biden is smart enough to know what he doesn’t know, whereas Trump truly believes he is an expert on everything. He actually believes, for example, that he has a natural ability for epidemiology because his uncle was a doctor of something somewhere.

Add to this:

He'll have someone who believes in public education in charge of education. 

He'll have someone who wasn't a climate change denier in charge of the EPA.

He'll have someone in charge of the Department of Energy who actually knew what that was before they got picked. 

Etc.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Why Trump fears Biden

President Trump is as scared of running against Joe Biden as he is of running. The question is, why? One reason he fears Biden is because Biden is like him. He's old, gets confused, mispronounces words, forgets things, and makes gaffes. But attacking him for these things invites the obvious response: "He sounds a lot like you!"

Indeed, Trump can't attack Biden without attacking himself. Biden's weaknesses magnify Trump's, which are far worse. There's nothing that Biden does that Trump doesn't do worse. Biden has been touchy with women; Trump has been criminal with women. Biden has hair plugs; Trump has something worse. Biden said Barack Obama was "articulate." Trump said Obama was Kenyan.

Trump hasn't addressed any of these yet. Instead, he is focusing on Biden's mental acuity. "Sleepy Joe," Trump said last week, "he doesn't even know where he is or what he's doing or what office he's running for. Honestly, I don't think he knows what office he's running for."

In typical narcissistic fashion, Trump is projecting his flaws onto his opponent. He did this in 2016 when he attacked Hillary Clinton for running a fraudulent charity and risking state secrets. When Clinton said Trump was Vladimir Putin's "puppet" in a debate, Trump shot back, "You're the puppet!" Which was unconvincing. By parroting Clinton's accusation, he effectively confirmed it. Trump's team learned a valuable lesson from that: Always accuse your opponent of that which you are guilty — and do it before he or she accuses you. With Biden, Trump is shouting "You're the puppet!" preemptively.

Trump began the week by tweeting, "The Obama/Biden Administration is the most corrupt Administration in the history of our Country!" To paraphrase Dragnet, the names have been changed to protect the guilty.

This is the downside to the preemptive strike: Every projection is a confession of guilt.

The Republican Party is smearing Biden by likening him to Trump. Steve Guest, the RNC's rapid response director, tweeted: "Joe Biden confuses who his wife is and who his sister is during Super Tuesday speech." Unlike Trump, who confuses his daughter for his mistress.

Donald Trump Jr. said that Biden's "family fortunes" were "totally tied to him being in elected office." The next day, he tweeted, "It's almost like the whole Biden family is entity [sic] dependent on Joe holding public office?" It's almost as if Donald Trump Jr. became a best-selling author because the RNC bought copies of his book in bulk during his father's presidency.

On Tuesday, Eric Trump said, "If my father was making the same gaffes as he was, they would literally invoke Article 25 of the uh," by which he meant the U.S. Constitution.

https://theweek.com/articles/901735/why-trump-fears-biden

Only posted part of the article but it represents a view that I agree with. Trump and his supporters have little to attack Biden with, which doesn't in turn make Trump look a whole lot more worse. Trump accusing Biden only makes his own accusations seem more credible. Its like criticizing Hillary Clinton in 2016 for the way she did her makeup...

Spoiler

6392b082-4b04-11ea-befc-ef9687daaa85_ima

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Tell me one GOP candidate or POTUS who came close to being acceptable to the Democrats over the past +50 years? Both Bushes were to stupid, Reagan was to old and senile, Dickie was untrustworthy. Eisenhower was a war hero and had general acceptance. 

Reagan made light of those perceived weaknesses himself on occasion.  Urine man’s ego wouldn’t allow him to do the same.  One guy is infinitely more likable as a consequence.  You may not always agree with him but you’d have a drink with him.  

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Reagan made light of those perceived weaknesses himself on occasion.  Urine man’s ego wouldn’t allow him to do the same.  One guy is infinitely more likable as a consequence.  You may not always agree with him but you’d have a drink with him.  

Funny how both were in TV. Reagan was a top notch communicator with principals. That said he got a constant stream of vitriol questioning his age and smarts. The image of the old guy hovering over the button was constant, early on. 

3 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Funny how both were in TV. Reagan was a top notch communicator with principals. That said he got a constant stream of vitriol questioning his age and smarts. The image of the old guy hovering over the button was constant, early on. 

If I'm not mistaken. Ronnie was able to work with a Demo. controlled Congress (GOP had control of the Senate).  Goldwater thought Nixon was a POS but had alot of respect for JFK (granted, he was more of a bluedog demo back then).  The key thing is, they were able to work together despite their differences.  Compromise was built into their system to make it work.

16 hours ago, Boudrias said:

I didn't have a vote, but I would have preferred John Kasich over Trump or Hillary in 2016.

• Cheers 1