The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

17 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Add to this:

He'll have someone who believes in public education in charge of education. 

He'll have someone who wasn't a climate change denier in charge of the EPA.

He'll have someone in charge of the Department of Energy who actually knew what that was before they got picked. 

Etc.

....and most importantly, IMHO, someone who knows that the Energy Secretary is in charge of the Nukes....:rolleyes:

Just now, Boudrias said:

I agree. I like Kasich and thought he had a shot until Trump steam rolled everyone. 

Pretty sure he was a long shot all along. From what I could see, the "establishment" wanted Jeb, but it turned out that he had all the personality of Lt. Data....

7 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Pretty sure he was a long shot all along. From what I could see, the "establishment" wanted Jeb, but it turned out that he had all the personality of Lt. Data....

Kasich had a good middle of the road rep. Gov of a large state. Had experience in Washington. 

17 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Actually Lt. Data actually was likeable.  Jeb was not.  Heck his brother “w” wasn’t the sharpest guy by a country mile but he still came across as a like able person imho.  Reason why he won twice.

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Actually Lt. Data actually was likeable.  Jeb was not.  Heck his brother “w” wasn’t the sharpest guy by a country mile but he still came across as a like able person imho.  Reason why he won twice.

George kinda lost me in his 2nd term when he didn’t tackle health care. 9/11 had to be rough. His popularity recovered somewhat when he dissed Trump a lot. GOP is supposed to be free traders which means globalization. I think the Bushes gave access to the USA market to easily as did Obama. Trump capitalized on that. 

8 hours ago, Boudrias said:

George kinda lost me in his 2nd term when he didn’t tackle health care. 9/11 had to be rough. His popularity recovered somewhat when he dissed Trump a lot. GOP is supposed to be free traders which means globalization. I think the Bushes gave access to the USA market to easily as did Obama. Trump capitalized on that. 

George's popularity went up when people realized how much worse Trump was. I wouldn't say he went out of his way to "diss" Trump, his criticisms of Trump IIRC seemed fairly mild. He was never one of the prominent NeverTrump voices.

• Cheers 1

On 3/12/2020 at 9:26 PM, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Add to this:

He'll have someone who believes in public education in charge of education. 

He'll have someone who wasn't a climate change denier in charge of the EPA.

He'll have someone in charge of the Department of Energy who actually knew what that was before they got picked. 

Etc.

Could you please use your crystal ball to let me know the winning lottery numbers?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Could you please use your crystal ball to let me know the winning lottery numbers?

I was responding to a post about how a Biden would surround himself with smart people.  

Read up on DeVos, Pruitt, Perry and tell me that I am wrong.  That Biden wouldn't appoint people worse than those three buffoon TRUMP put in charge of education, EPA, and the DOE.

1 hour ago, Toews said:

George's popularity went up when people realized how much worse Trump was. I wouldn't say he went out of his way to "diss" Trump, his criticisms of Trump IIRC seemed fairly mild. He was never one of the prominent NeverTrump voices.

GWB was awful, collapsed the economy, caused deaths of thousands of U.S and allied soldiers and Iraqis.

Wasted trillion plus in wars that could not be won.

GWB, Cheney, Rowe, Wolfowitz etc. brought nothing but death and the destruction.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I was responding to a post about how a Biden would surround himself with smart people.  

Read up on DeVos, Pruitt, Perry and tell me that I am wrong.  That Biden wouldn't appoint people worse than those three buffoon TRUMP put in charge of education, EPA, and the DOE.

How do you guys know who he would surround himself with?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

How do you guys know who he would surround himself with?

Well, read up on the people Obama had in those positions.   Biden was part of that administration, so it isn't a stretch of imagination that Biden would at least appoint people similar in their qualifications.   

Again, do you actually think Biden is going to appoint a climate change denier to head the EPA, a person who didn't even know what the DOE did to be the energy secretary,  and a person who doesn't believe in public education to the secretary of education? 

Edit:  Here is the guy who was Secretary of Energy for Obama,  a nuclear physicist. 

Ernest Jeffrey Moniz, GCIH is an American nuclear physicist and former United States Secretary of Energy, serving under U.S. President Barack Obama from May 2013 to January 2017

Edited by thedestroyerofworlds
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CBH1926 said:

GWB was awful, collapsed the economy, caused deaths of thousands of U.S and allied soldiers and Iraqis.

GWB, Cheney, Rowe, Wolfowitz etc. brought nothing but death and the destruction.

Can't argue there, its hard to really come up with a more colossal failure than the "war on terror". I suppose I speak more from a perspective of who I find more repulsive. I also believe that Cheney was the real driving force behind those wars, obviously doesn't give anyone else in the room a pass. Its sort of like the video of the Bruins front office pulling the trigger on the Seguin trade. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Agree 100%. 

He pretty much destroyed our manufacturing industry by allowing work moved to China for nothing.  Gas prices were more than double then they currently are. Auto and housing industry collapsed while unemployment skyrocketed. And we we're fighting multiple wars (one war based on wmd's that we apparently still haven't found) instead of focusing on our own internal issues.   And he definitely didn't do us any favors regarding foreign relations. 

In my opinion, GWB did far more harm than good for the US during his presidency. 

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Agree 100%. 

He pretty much destroyed our manufacturing industry by allowing work moved to China for nothing.  Gas prices were more than double then they currently are. Auto and housing industry collapsed while unemployment skyrocketed. And we we're fighting multiple wars (one war based on wmd's that we apparently still haven't found) instead of focusing on our own internal issues.   And he definitely didn't do us any favors regarding foreign relations. 

In my opinion, GWB did far more harm than good for the US during his presidency. 

I think Trump is a lot smarter than George and Obama. They are more likeable people. Bottom line is that Trump has put more money in people ‘s pockets. He has also brought troops home and not started any wars. Trump is forcing allies to actually spend more money on their defence. Bringing jobs home.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I think Trump is a lot smarter than George and Obama. They are more likeable people. Bottom line is that Trump has put more money in people ‘s pockets. He has also brought troops home and not started any wars. Trump is forcing allies to actually spend more money on their defence. Bringing jobs home.

First time I've ever seen someone think that a guy who struggles to achieve even a high school level command of his native language being called smarter than Harvard Graduates. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

:lol: Based on what? His proficiency with umbrellas? His command of the English language?

Maybe it's his belief that humans are like batteries and are born with a finite amount of energy, which gets "used up" if you exercise and will cause you to die sooner. :rolleyes:

It's also worth noting that exercise is known to prevent Dementia: https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/about-dementia/risk-factors-and-prevention/physical-exercise which actually explains a lot about Trump....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Toews said:

Can't argue there, its hard to really come up with a more colossal failure than the "war on terror". I suppose I speak more from a perspective of who I find more repulsive. I also believe that Cheney was the real driving force behind those wars, obviously doesn't give anyone else in the room a pass. Its sort of like the video of the Bruins front office pulling the trigger on the Seguin trade. 

Paul Wolfowitz had been trying to establish a preemptive strike policy for years. He has a huge amount of responsibility here as well.  Cheney was after profit while Paul was after political ideology.