The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Bernie is out:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/08/us/politics/bernie-sanders-drops-out.html

Time to focus on kicking Bone Spurs to the curb...

The working class is going to flock to Trump big time now.  The map is going to get even redder.  Joe will get squashed and the DNC and media will blame it straight on the progressives.  Ah **** here we go again CJ

22 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

The working class is going to flock to Trump big time now.  The map is going to get even redder.  Joe will get squashed and the DNC and media will blame it straight on the progressives.  Ah **** here we go again CJ

I disagree, but I guess we'll find out in November.....

...that is, if Trump hasn't declared himself God-Emperor by then....

Even CNN was asking Biden last night about the possibility of postponing the election.

I think as crazy as that sounds we will start hearing it more and more. Come November, it might not sound as crazy. 

If that far fetched idea happens, IMO that's the true end of the US as we know it. 

7 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Even CNN was asking Biden last night about the possibility of postponing the election.

I think as crazy as that sounds we will start hearing it more and more. Come November, it might not sound as crazy. 

If that far fetched idea happens, IMO that's the true end of the US as we know it. 

Why do you think Bone Spurs is so dead set against mail in voting?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

they can't let that happen. 

Bernie did the right thing today, prolonging it wouldn't help. But man i hope the democrats come up with a real plan, the "we're not Trump" thing just isn't enough to get it done. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

because their own analysis shows they'd lose big. They actually admitted it. 

9 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Because the Republicans rely on low voter turnout.   Gerrymandering, voter suppression are their modus operandi. 

Rhetorical question, but thanks.

Lmao... riling up Bernie supporters is the new strategy for Drumpf

Hard to not see a lot of them feeling the sentiment.. 

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

because their own analysis shows they'd lose big. They actually admitted it. 

Huh you're right. he even admitted it cleanly "for whatever reason... "  I'm sure destroyer will fill in the reasons again :)

Edited by Chicken.
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Huh you're right. he even admitted it cleanly "for whatever reason... "  I'm sure destroyer will fill in the reasons again :)

I've always said that during a crisis, one should listen to the experts.

Since no-one knows more about being a fraud than Trump, there just might be something to this.....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chicken. said:

i like the "for whatever reason" part 

43 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

i like the "for whatever reason" part 

I can answer that for him....

It's because although republicans have figured out ways to keep lower income voters and voters of color from exercising their right to vote, (by closing polling stations, instituting voter ID restrictions, gerrymandering, etc) they still haven't figured out a way to keep them out of the post office....

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I get the sentiment, but the plan had better be better than that. 

Biden supports eliminating private donations for elections, paid FMLA, ending cash bail, elimination of private prisons, creating national registry for guns, minimum wage up to $15, public junior college should be free, gun buyback program, universal background check for gun purchases, citizenship for dreamers, ending subsidies to oil companies etc.

Joe Biden was always considered more progressive member of the Democratic Party way before he was a VP.

Even Sanders hardcore fans admit that, sure in comparison to Bernie he is more centrist.

Biden is not going to have bromance with Vlad, little Kim, Bolsonaro, Duterte etc.

But what we really need to stop is beyond unpresidential behavior in the White House.
Name calling crooked Hillary, lying Ted, mini Mike, Pocahontas, shifty Schiff, crazy Bernie, fat Jerry, dummy Beto.

Calling other people stupid, lazy, pigs, pathetic, slobs etc.

Demonizing journalists as liars, fake news purveyors, insulting every single ally that we have, disparaging remarks about Mexicans etc.

Corruption and nepotism unlike anything I have seen in my life, with the exception of Eastern Europe, Central America  and Africa

Most self entitled, narcissistic, incompetent, egotistical, arrogant and divisive president in the U.S history 

Edited by CBH1926
  • Cheers 4

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I disagree, but I guess we'll find out in November.....

...that is, if Trump hasn't declared himself God-Emperor by then....

The DNC is not even trying to win the old school swing states like Michigan or Ohio.  Their game plan has never been focused on working class people which is a joke.

Trump is going to play dirty, Biden won't have the charisma to handle it correctly and this will probably be over well before November.

7 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

The DNC is not even trying to win the old school swing states like Michigan or Ohio.  Their game plan has never been focused on working class people which is a joke.

Trump is going to play dirty, Biden won't have the charisma to handle it correctly and this will probably be over well before November.

Where are you getting that from? They literally just decided on their nominee today and you somehow know what states they're going to try and win? :huh:

13 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

The Dems have a rescue candidate waiting in the wings. They'll spring him when Joe has some kind of medical issue. It should be Bill Gates but more likely Ms. Obama. 

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Where are you getting that from? They literally just decided on their nominee today and you somehow know what states they're going to try and win? :huh:

The game plan is pretty consistent.  Their goal will be to win the west coast, the northeast, and the deep south.  But they are probably going to get slaughtered in the rust belt states.