The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

For me,if Joe Biden asked Bernie Sanders to be his vice president they would CRUSH TRUMP.Because as it stands today it is still anyones race even after the horrendous things that disgrace of a man has done to his own citizens and if you look at the people around him that are still there and haven't been fired yet,Wilbur Ross,Steve Mnuchin,

Betsy Devos,Bill Barr,Ben Carson,Stephan Miller ETC. that is not to mention the best people that are already in prison,this is about as corrupt a crew as history has ever seen,and totally useless at their jobs of helping their citizens.

From BBC:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52462113

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden faces mounting calls to respond to a sexual assault allegation against him by a former employee.

Tara Reade, who worked for the former US vice-president nearly 30 years ago, says he sexually assaulted her in the halls of Congress.

Mr Biden has been accused of being "touchy feely" by multiple women, but this is the first public accusation of serious sexual misconduct against him.

The White House hopeful's camp has denied it, but acquaintances of Ms Reade have confirmed she confided in them about her alleged ordeal.

With the claim looming during a presidential election year - the first such vote since the emergence of the #MeToo movement - let's take a look at what exactly Mr Biden is accused of and how he has responded.

What is the accusation?

Tara Reade, 56, worked as a staff assistant to Mr Biden from 1992-93 when he was a senator for the US state of Delaware.

In recent interviews, she has said that in 1993 her former boss forced her against a wall and put his hands under her shirt and skirt after she delivered him his gym bag.

"There was no exchange, really, he just had me up against the wall," she said to podcast host Katie Halper in March 2020.

"I remember it happened all at once... his hands were on me and underneath my clothes." He then penetrated her with his fingers, she said.

"I remember him saying, first, as he was doing it 'Do you want to go somewhere else?' and then him saying to me, when I pulled away... he said 'Come on man, I heard you liked me,'" she said.

"That phrase stayed with me."

Ms Reade filed a criminal complaint on 9 April 2020 with police, saying she was a victim of sexual assault but did not name Mr Biden.

She said in a tweet that she filed the complaint "for safety reasons only", as the statute of limitations for her claim have expired and she had begun to receive online threats.

Edited by DonLever

51 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

So Reade really likes Putin, Putin wants Trump to win, Reade accuses Biden who is running against Trump.

Why a Liberal Democrat Supports Vladimir Putin

https://web.archive.org/web/20190404043945/https:/medium.com/@shewrites94/why-a-liberal-democrat-supports-vladimir-putin-f54ca2a3a405

I think Reade deserves the same consideration that we give all the Trump accusers......

That being said, Joe is famous for being handsy. The problem I have is that about a year ago, Reade counted herself among the 8 complainants who said Biden's touchy feely ways made her uncomfortable.....

....a year later, that has morphed into a full-blown sexual assault accusation....:unsure:

I'd like to see a full investigation. (unlike what happened with Kavanagh)

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think Reade deserves the same consideration that we give all the Trump accusers......

That being said, Joe is famous for being handsy. The problem I have is that about a year ago, Reade counted herself among the 8 complainants who said Biden's touchy feely ways made her uncomfortable.....

....a year later, that has morphed into a full-blown sexual assault accusation....:unsure:

Al Franken should have just announced he was running for the Presidency after the accusations against him came out.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Count me in with the investigation bit.  What I find rich is the crowd who defended Kavanagh and defend TRUMP,  are now all into crucifying Biden because he doesn't have an (R) by his name.  

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Biden is touchy feely but like you said first it was hugs, now is finger assault by October it will be gang rape.

I am skeptical but she should be afforded same rights like any other accuser.

2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Count me in with the investigation bit.  What I find rich is the crowd who defended Kavanagh and defend TRUMP,  are now all into crucifying Biden because he doesn't have an (R) by his name.  

I hardly watch any news anymore so I don't know what Trump supporters or Kavanagh supporters are saying but I know in the Trump thread I was told it's only 1 person. I guess one sexual assault is ok according to anti Trumpers.

I think what is becoming quite clear is power and money seem to put you above the law.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I hardly watch any news anymore so I don't know what Trump supporters or Kavanagh supporters are saying but I know in the Trump thread I was told it's only 1 person. I guess one sexual assault is ok according to anti Trumpers.

I think what is becoming quite clear is power and money seem to put you above the law.

TRUMP supporters were/are blowing off accusations against their guy in much of the same way some of those who were calling for Kavanagh's/TRUMP'S head are blowing off the Biden allegations, yet now those TRUMP/Kavanagh supporters are frothing at the mouth over allegations.