The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

6 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

TRUMP supporters were/are blowing off accusations against their guy in much of the same way some of those who were calling for Kavanagh's/TRUMP'S head are blowing off the Biden allegations, yet now those TRUMP/Kavanagh supporters are frothing at the mouth over allegations. 

Ya see this is what I repeatedly keep saying. Wrong is wrong and good is good but things are far to partisan these days.

Admittedly I didn't follow the Kavanagh stuff as close as some but imo I don't know if he is guilty but he did give the impression he seems like a pompous jerk who thinks he is better than others.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Ya see this is what I repeatedly keep saying. Wrong is wrong and good is good but things are far to partisan these days.

Admittedly I didn't follow the Kavanagh stuff as close as some but imo I don't know if he is guilty but he did give the impression he seems like a pompous jerk who thinks he is better than others.

FWIW, while the hearing was going on, I said they couldn't deny Kavanagh the SCOTUS position based on Blasey-Ford's testimony, because there was no proof. It was disappointing that there was resistance to a full blown investigation, but I doubt that a smoking gun would ever have been produced.

That being said, Kavanagh's demeanor during the proceedings showed beyond any doubt, IMO, that he was unfit for the position. From giving a disingenuous interview to Faux, where he portrayed himself as a choir boy, to snapping at reasonable questions, outright lies about what he did in college and (worst IMO) promoting a conspiracy theory, claiming that the entire inquiry was "revenge, perpetrated by the Clintons".

At this point, he should have been dropped and replaced by one of the other candidates on the short list, but by then, it wasn't about putting the best person on the Supreme Court, it was about rubbing it in the Democrats' noses and who cares about Christine Blasey-Ford.....

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

FWIW, while the hearing was going on, I said they couldn't deny Kavanagh the SCOTUS position based on Blasey-Ford's testimony, because there was no proof. It was disappointing that there was resistance to a full blown investigation, but I doubt that a smoking gun would ever have been produced.

That being said, Kavanagh's demeanor during the proceedings showed beyond any doubt, IMO, that he was unfit for the position. From giving a disingenuous interview to Faux, where he portrayed himself as a choir boy, to snapping at reasonable questions, outright lies about what he did in college and (worst IMO) promoting a conspiracy theory, claiming that the entire inquiry was "revenge, perpetrated by the Clintons".

At this point, he should have been dropped and replaced by one of the other candidates on the short list, but by then, it wasn't about putting the best person on the Supreme Court, it was about rubbing it in the Democrats' noses and who cares about Christine Blasey-Ford.....

Couldn't they though if it was compelling and politics put aside?

I remember him acting like a jerk to those questioning him.

Edited by Ryan Strome

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Doesn't matter how rude he was or if he was guilty or not.

They nominated him along party lines and partisan one-upsmanship and nothing was going to change that

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Sure, but it was decades ago, with no real evidence. They would have had to find credible witnesses who actually saw the incident take place. If they had anyone like that, the process wouldn't have gotten as far as it did.

The GOP knew there was no proof, so they rammed it through. The fact that it pissed off the Liberals was just a bonus on top of another nail in the coffin of Roe v Wade...

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Doesn't matter how rude he was or if he was guilty or not.

They nominated him along party lines and partisan one-upsmanship and nothing was going to change that

That's my point he was nominated so I'm sure you could just reverse the nomination. 

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Sure, but it was decades ago, with no real evidence. They would have had to find credible witnesses who actually saw the incident take place. If they had anyone like that, the process wouldn't have gotten as far as it did.

The GOP knew there was no proof, so they rammed it through. The fact that it pissed off the Liberals was just a bonus on top of another nail in the coffin of Roe v Wade...

Like I said I didn't follow it close enough but imo he certainly didn't come across as a dignified judge. More like a childish kid.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's my point he was nominated so I'm sure you could just reverse the nomination. 

Like I said I didn't follow it close enough but imo he certainly didn't come across as a dignified judge. More like a childish kid.

He can be impeached. But I don't think they'll ever be able to build a strong enough case for it.....unless he does something during his term on SCOTUS.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

He can be impeached. But I don't think they'll ever be able to build a strong enough case for it.....unless he does something during his term on SCOTUS.

Oh I didn't know they could be impeached. I meant if he was only nominated then withdraw the nomination and pick someone who doesn't come across as a jerk when faced with questions. 

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh I didn't know they could be impeached. I meant if he was only nominated then withdraw the nomination and pick someone who doesn't come across as a jerk when faced with questions. 

That's what Trump should have done, as soon as BK started acting like a toddler during the inquiry. There were plenty of candidates at least as well qualified. But as I said, they wanted to stick it to the Democrats...

16 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

tell the "news" the wrong way and they will Don Cherry your job1588284135142.thumb.png.1a90730e8873a832f153ecd92d9d1391.png

57 minutes ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

tell the "news" the wrong way and they will Don Cherry your job1588284135142.thumb.png.1a90730e8873a832f153ecd92d9d1391.png

lol @ Don Cherry your job.  Guy has been spouting off that SAME schtick for DECADES.:lol:

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I'm going to be honest I don't know what I'm looking at.

I think 4th line is showing some dude may be getting fired for pushing a Biden story that they claim is false?

Mine is just a meme I saw referring to DT going into pageant change rooms full of semi-naked teenagers. I think he bragged about it back on the H Stern show. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I think 4th line is showing some dude may be getting fired for pushing a Biden story that they claim is false?

Mine is just a meme I saw referring to DT going into pageant change rooms full of semi-naked teenagers. I think he bragged about it back on the H Stern show. 

I think all this alcohol is making me dumb.

21 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think all this alcohol is making me dumb.

Join the club.

Before this covid, I was thinking about doing a bit of work as an Alc rep.

Filled up the garage with about 3k worth of samples. Decided not to do the job. They owed me some dough so they partially paid me by leaving the booze for me. My wife wonders why I spend so much time up in the garage working on 'projects'. 

It's starting to wear on me perhaps, maybe drinking just a bit too much...I have resorted to posting Trump meme's....:picard:

Edited by bishopshodan

So it seems that Biden wasn't at the event where the incident  "When it was Biden and my aunt’s turn to say hello he quickly turned to me and asked how old I was," Murry told Law&Crime. "I replied with my age and he replied with the comment, ‘Fourteen? You’re very well endowed for 14!’” is alleged to have occurred.  So strike one off of Biden's number.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dinner-organizer-says-biden-was-not-at-event-where-alleged-sexual-harassment

Dinner organizer says Biden was not at 2008 event where he was accused of sexual harassment

• Cheers 1