The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

wow, now there's a dream team. 

Scheer just keeps giving us reasons to be happy he lost. But it looks like the CPC is lining up to pick another loser candidate. O'Toole is already going hard right, and MacKay won't beat Trudeau after doing a decent job on covid. 

With Joe and Justin working together for a few years we can undo a lot of the trade damage Trump has caused Canada, so really if you're a patriotic Canadian in any sense you need to be hoping for a Biden win. 

Dumb question... is Trudeau eligible for another term ?  or when is the last year he can stay in power ? 

You're probably right on the patriot part, as that scummy steel tariff move still irks me, but the entertainment factor will drop significantly if Biden wins :P

9 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Dumb question... is Trudeau eligible for another term ? 

No term limits in Canada unfortunately.  Course, if you can't be a no substance/fluff candidate like Justin Trudeau.....you don't deserve to be in power.

Course there was no term limits for Presidents in the states until the GOP found out they couldn't beat FDR; so they changed the laws to add term limits.  Course, when they have a candidate that can't be beat, watch them change it back.  They don't do things "illegal"....they just change the laws to get what they want.  Gerrymandering, voter suppression...

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

No term limits in Canada unfortunately.  Course, if you can't be a no substance/fluff candidate like Justin Trudeau.....you don't deserve to be in power.

Course there was no term limits for Presidents in the states until the GOP found out they couldn't beat FDR; so they changed the laws to add term limits.  Course, when they have a candidate that can't be beat, watch them change it back.  They don't do things "illegal"....they just change the laws to get what they want.  Gerrymandering, voter suppression...

Disagree with that sentiment. IMO, there should be no reason that voters can't bring back a candidate if they so choose.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Well they didn't do it with Regan so probably no party will dare to touch that term limit issue. Then again, back then GOP actually had some integrity unlike the party of Mitch.

Edited by 24K PureCool
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Why not? You don't subscribe to the erroneous claim that the polls were "wrong" in 2016, do you? :huh:

because I don't believe they actually reach enough voters in the US to be accurate  

2 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Dumb question... is Trudeau eligible for another term ?  or when is the last year he can stay in power ? 

You're probably right on the patriot part, as that scummy steel tariff move still irks me, but the entertainment factor will drop significantly if Biden wins :P

yup. He can stay as long as we want him to. 

Biden’s view on Keystone has ruffled some feathers in AB.

Kenney says Biden’s comments on Keystone XL ‘suggest he hasn’t been accurately briefed’

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/kenney-says-bidens-comments-on-keystone-xl-suggest-he-hasnt-been-accurately-briefed/ar-BB14tCHu?li=AAggNb9

15 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Incorrect. 

It's as long as the party wants him.

He’ll probably win another majority in the fall here. And not be satisfied until every last good paying job is gone. Let the Hyper-inflation begin :gocan:. I’m beyond caring at this point if he collapses Canada economically, just to try to SucKhole to the UN.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Incorrect. 

true dat. They usually go tother but it would be interesting to see that play out. I think the Lib's would have been very close to that had "blackface" come out at the height of the Wilson-Raybould dust up. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Incorrect. 

They're all about maintaining power.  So as long as they think they are, he isn't going anywhere I'm afraid.

(though this kind of applies to most/all parties when in power)

45 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

true dat. They usually go tother but it would be interesting to see that play out. I think the Lib's would have been very close to that had "blackface" come out at the height of the Wilson-Raybould dust up. 

13 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

They're all about maintaining power.  So as long as they think they are, he isn't going anywhere I'm afraid.

(though this kind of applies to most/all parties when in power)

It's an interesting discussion tbh. I get it we don't vote for a PM but honestly most Canadians believe they're voting for a PM/premier not an mp/mla. Yet the party can remove the leader if they want to. Look at the Ralph situation in Alberta, the party got worse after throwing him under the bus. Chretien and  Martin animosity. 

The US system is set up better actually as it's supposed to be average American picks the candidates and Presidents/governors/Senators.