The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Jim taxpayers are on the hook for that project to the United States.

are you talking about the money Alberta put in? or was there a federal contribution too? 

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yes...so go Trump go.

shouldn't it be "Go. Kenney. Go."? 

I mean wtf. Who puts a 1 billion dollar bet down on KXL? thats worse than what Trudeau did with TMX, at least he has the final say in that project. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

shouldn't it be "Go. Kenney. Go."? 

I mean wtf. Who puts a 1 billion dollar bet down on KXL? thats worse than what Trudeau did with TMX, at least he has the final say in that project. 

It wasn't the best move but money was running out. They needed to keep jobs and the price of oil up. 

Imo they gambled on two things, Trump will win or Joe won't reverse it.

If Joe wins and cancels it then I'm 100% convinced the wildrose independence party will win in 23 or the vote will be split and Notley will be premier again.

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

It wasn't the best move but money was running out. They needed to keep jobs and the price of oil up. 

Imo they gambled on two things, Trump will win or Joe won't reverse it.

If Joe wins and cancels it then I'm 100% convinced the wildrose independence party will win in 23 or the vote will be split and Notley will be premier again.

thats possible for sure. 

On 5/19/2020 at 4:48 PM, Ryan Strome said:

@Jimmy McGill I can't remember the exact numbers but I think it's closer to a bill and a half.

Edit-my bad it's 1.1 billion. 

I came across this related article that pegs it at $1.5 B

The bolded below is pretty funny though

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/biden-blasts-keystone-xl-calling-it-tarsands-we-don-t-need/ar-BB14sY9o?ocid=msedgntp 

Biden's promise to cancel the pipeline has caused some consternation across the border. In Alberta, taxpayers are investing $1.5 billion in the pipeline project.

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney this week said Biden would have a hard time explaining to Americans why he'd kill a part-finished project.

Construction recently began on the long-delayed project, which would carry oilsands crude into a system connected to refineries in the Gulf of Mexico.

The pipeline's backers hope it might alleviate bottlenecks that have often plagued Alberta's land-locked oil, and eventually carry roughly one-fifth of all the oil Canada exports to the U.S.

In Canada, Conservatives have urged the Trudeau Liberals to use their well-documented connections to Biden's inner circle to change the candidate's mind.

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer said the Liberal government should be lobbying their "friends in the Democratic party" on Keystone XL.

Say No To Sleepy Joe... 

• Cheers 1

Go back to sleep Joe..

.. He later apologized for being such a 'wise guy'

2 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Say yes to the guy that tried to stop legally acquired PPE's coming to Canada.

Yeah right.:rolleyes:

Pick your poison!  (most already have) 

Edited by Chicken.

2 hours ago, Chicken. said:

I came across this related article that pegs it at $1.5 B

The bolded below is pretty funny though

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/biden-blasts-keystone-xl-calling-it-tarsands-we-don-t-need/ar-BB14sY9o?ocid=msedgntp 

Say No To Sleepy Joe... 

I dunno, Mr. Secret American Scheer should give it a go at saving KXL, given his ties to his homeland. Hypocrite has now decided he wants to keep his US citizenship after all. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Chicken. said:

Go back to sleep Joe..

.. He later apologized for being such a 'wise guy'

Pick your poison!  (most already have) 

I dunno, goofy grandpa vs grandpa that will feed you poison doesn't seem like a hard choice. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

I dunno, Mr. Secret American Scheer should give it a go at saving KXL, given his ties to his homeland. Hypocrite has now decided he wants to keep his US citizenship after all. 

That’s just so he can live in the US after Alberta separates and he ditches them ;)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Yeah. Sheer is awful he needs to go back into the shadows as badly as Clinton

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I dunno, goofy grandpa vs grandpa that will feed you poison doesn't seem like a hard choice. 

Yep... easy choice for Americans - giving Joe an 8 point lead.. sounds familiar though.. 

Just now, Chicken. said:

Yeah. Sheer is awful he needs to go back into the shadows as badly as Clinton

wow, now there's a dream team. 

Scheer just keeps giving us reasons to be happy he lost. But it looks like the CPC is lining up to pick another loser candidate. O'Toole is already going hard right, and MacKay won't beat Trudeau after doing a decent job on covid. 

With Joe and Justin working together for a few years we can undo a lot of the trade damage Trump has caused Canada, so really if you're a patriotic Canadian in any sense you need to be hoping for a Biden win. 

Just now, NewbieCanuckFan said:

So, did you drink Bleach or shove a flashlight up your ass?:ph34r:

I am not American, so neither :)   Could really go for some Covfefe now though eh'

I am just following local guidelines and apologizing too often.  

• Haha 1