The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Joe Biden Debates Donald Trump September 29

DonLever

1 hour ago, Hansman said:

So I would definitely cherry pick quotes from an article, when there is a man that claims to have thrown the grenade that killed Christopher Speer, Ive been in a war zone....Yourself? or do rely on CBC to tell you all about it

Pretty sure I called it in numerous threads.  When people do not like the facts they immediately attack the source.  Which is why I posted articles from nuermous different sources.  but still, only had you factor in one source as though that somehow makes the facts less credible

18 minutes ago, gurn said:

so you spend the rest of your life, held illegally in a foreign country. Never seeing your family again. Never going to a swimming pool or pub again.

I'm sceptical of your claim.

Be as skeptical as you would like, I stand by my claim. No I would not admit to killing someone I didn't, 

1 hour ago, gurn said:

So you send me a pm, then post this as your answer.

Thought you were a dude with intestinal fortitude, looks like I was mistaken.

42 minutes ago, gurn said:

You comment on another poster for believing newspapers and court findings, then when asked where you got your info from, you hid in a private message.

Not very courageous.

you are mistaken a lot aren't you?

7 minutes ago, gurn said:

Yes I was curious to see where you get/got your info if not from the news or court findings. I find, given your pm, the newspapers and court ruling to be way more credible than your "alleged source".

Wait really?

You asked who his source was and where he was getting his info and he posted it privately....too funny.

Can I ask, did his information or source in any way shape or form degrade the resolution and ruling finalized by the Supreme Court of Canada, numerous smaller courts AND an international tribunal?

6 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Haha ok then. I won’t get in your way from enjoying the little circle jerk you so badly want to be apart of. 

What an odd way to say something, shows something about your mindset I suppose.

Just now, Warhippy said:

Pretty sure I called it in numerous threads.  When people do not like the facts they immediately attack the source.  Which is why I posted articles from nuermous different sources.  but still, only had you factor in one source as though that somehow makes the facts less credible

That does seem to be what you do I posted an article of him apologizing to the Speer family, and where it states to him admitting to throwing the grenade, but what do you do completely ignore it. I personally don't believe every article I read and I question most everything in life. We are obviously not going to agree on this, because you've made up your mind and that's fine.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Hansman said:

Be as skeptical as you would like, I stand by my claim. No I would not admit to killing someone I didn't, 

Never hug your kid and wife again.

Right. 

Looks like the annual contest for "virtue signaller" of the year has a contestant.

2 minutes ago, Hansman said:

That does seem to be what you do I posted an article of him apologizing to the Speer family, and where it states to him admitting to throwing the grenade, but what do you do completely ignore it.

Of course he does. He only credits the reports aligned with his biased incorrect opinion.  Or of course what the PM states to the public.  Life is tough to be a sheep. Bahaha

• Upvote 2

Just now, gurn said:

Never hug your kid and wife again.

Right. 

Looks like the annual contest for "virtue signaller" of the year has a contestant.

OK pal when I was questioned over actions that myself and section went through in Afghanistan, while serving in the CAF never once did I bend from the truth even if it meant being jailed, which it didn't because we did everything according to ROE's, so I say again I would sacrifice my life for anything I believe in. one of us is a keyboard warrior, and one of us is a real one, you decide

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Of course he does. He only credits the reports aligned with his biased incorrect opinion.  Or of course what the PM states to the public.  Life is tough to be a sheep. Bahaha

He seems like he's upset

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Can I ask, did his information or source in any way shape or form degrade the resolution and ruling finalized by the Supreme Court of Canada, numerous smaller courts AND an international tribunal?

Not in the least. 

18 minutes ago, Hansman said:

That does seem to be what you do I posted an article of him apologizing to the Speer family, and where it states to him admitting to throwing the grenade, but what do you do completely ignore it. I personally don't believe every article I read and I question most everything in life. We are obviously not going to agree on this, because you've made up your mind and that's fine.

No, what I did was post an article from the SAME source detailing how marines and soldiers who were THERE said he could not have been the person who threw it and that there is a good likelihood that another person did.  

From the exact same source.  I have made up my mind, to believe the facts.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No, what I did was post an article from the SAME source detailing how marines and soldiers who were THERE said he could not have been the person who threw it and that there is a good likelihood that another person did.  

Silly question do you decide to trust one mans word only when it backs up your narrative? because one man says he through it, but we all know that doesn't fit the narrative right? You say you believe facts, after telling me Khadr never admitted it, now you say he did but he's lying, your just pick which statements you like and run with them

5 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Who's doing that? All Hippy and I have done is point out the facts and backed it up with sources. (you'll note that the two on the other side of the debate have offered nothing besides assertions and opinions)

Neither of us used the word racist or Nazi. Nor did anyone do any "screaming", so I'm not sure how your generalization of how "low" we've gone applies at all to this discussion.

Actually @Warhippy assumed the actions taken by the liberals were the only option which is false. I just didn't bother, it's really not worth it with him anymore. Opinion pieces aren't facts and no one knows the full facts and my preference would have been for the government to keep fighting. As FTG pointed out if it was about saving tax money why did he spend a ton more to find the leak? 

Hippy has gone as far as to say Khadr didn't do it. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, Hansman said:

Silly question do you decide to trust one mans word only when it backs up your narrative? because one man says he through it, but we all know that doesn't fit the narrative right? You say you believe facts, after telling me Khadr never admitted it, now you say he did but he's lying, your just pick which statements you like and run with them

I

Trust

Facts

Period.  One man accused admitting something as a 15 year old child under interrogation and torture, then being told the only way he will escape it is if he admits it.  Vs the soldiers who were there, lucid and in full control of their faculties during the fight who say it would be impossible for him to have thrown it.

I believe the courts.  The evidence they stand by and the facts.  I don't believe rhetoric, narratives pushed by opinion and personal bias or the desire to simply believe something contrary to what the facts and witnesses say because...."reasons"

Ask Strome about it, he's one blown statement away from accusing me of supporting someone

5 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I completely agree. It’s too bad there are far to few people that are actually open to an honest debate. People like hip rather would post and ignore. State their claim then deflect when opinions and facts are presented that objects to what they state. It’s quite sad when someones

whole understanding is purely based on what they’ve read in a newspaper article but that’s unfortunately become our new reality. Technology is beautiful and terrible at the same time. 

An obvious example of dishonesty is to quote without context. You completely ignored the first portion of my post, and moved forward to blame another poster. Not dissimilar to how Barr quotes portions of the Mueller report, completely devoid of its context. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Jack_T said:

An obvious example of dishonesty is to quote without context. You completely ignored the first portion of my post, and moved forward to blame another poster. Not dissimilar to how Barr quotes portions of the Mueller report, completely devoid of its context. 

You insulted me in the first portion. Why the heck would I spend any time responding to that garbage. Wow millennials these days, so entitled.

• Cheers 1